Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Corsa c service indicator question  (Read 5127 times)

STEMO

Re: Corsa c service indicator question
« Reply #15 on: 28 March 2016, 15:24:34 »

Buy a Renault, you can reset it by holding down the reset button, just like resetting the trip counter.

IF it works. Don't expect it to work every time. Or you might find pressing it for 0.0000678 miliseconds longer than is actually required  will permanently reset the immobiliser. All because it's a Renault, and they can't be trusted.
The ones we've had can/could but, of course, being French, I guess it's the luck of the draw.
What about astras, are they shite too?  ;D

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 March 2016, 15:40:13 »

I think its peddle trick related as well.  :-\

it is Zirk you have to push break peddle whist also pushing button  :y
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 March 2016, 16:25:08 »

To be fair stemo they probably make the service light easy to reset cos the service itself takes twice as long due to silly placement of filter housings and having to wait an eternity to read the oil level cos the dipstick tube is also the filler neck. Grrrr
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 March 2016, 17:31:07 »

To be fair stemo they probably make the service light easy to reset cos the service itself takes twice as long due to silly placement of filter housings and having to wait an eternity to read the oil level cos the dipstick tube is also the filler neck. Grrrr

See? Renault can't be trusted.

STEMO

« Reply #19 on: 28 March 2016, 17:37:08 »

Damn.....looks like you're right, Nick.  :( ;D

STEMO

« Reply #20 on: 28 March 2016, 18:26:35 »

Except, of course, on our megane it was nothing like that. The oil filter was at the front of the engine and easily accessible, and the filler was on top of the cam cover.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 March 2016, 18:57:03 »

Don't they normally fall apart / spontaneously combust before requiring a service anyway? ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 28 March 2016, 20:34:33 »

Except, of course, on our megane it was nothing like that. The oil filter was at the front of the engine and easily accessible, and the filler was on top of the cam cover.

You mean the one you have to use a claw type remover on with a swivel? Or how's about the air filter with two Philips heads that you can't get any sort of screw driver in to. Or how about the fuel filter which is stuffed up behind the wheel arch. And don't even get me started on changing an indicator bulb!
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 28 March 2016, 20:36:30 »

If you insist on French why not a 107? 5 mins to change all engine bay filters. And would prob suit you  ;D
RIP Paul Lovejoy

STEMO

« Reply #24 on: 28 March 2016, 20:50:33 »

You mean the one you have to use a claw type remover on with a swivel? Or how's about the air filter with two Philips heads that you can't get any sort of screw driver in to. Or how about the fuel filter which is stuffed up behind the wheel arch. And don't even get me started on changing an indicator bulb!
The whole light unit does slide forward you know.  ;D

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 28 March 2016, 20:58:26 »

Or just removing the damn battery cover where the clips for the retaining screws are so badly designed that you have to break something just to get it off? Well, not you, because they're old enough now that somebody has already done that.

STEMO

« Reply #26 on: 28 March 2016, 21:00:27 »

There you go, Webby  ;D

http://youtu.be/KVM401TKu-g

STEMO

« Reply #27 on: 28 March 2016, 21:01:33 »

Remind me not to bring my Renault to your garage  ;D

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 29 March 2016, 20:17:18 »

To be fair that's not the model I'm referring to. The worst one is the big butt one. I dread them.
RIP Paul Lovejoy

STEMO

« Reply #29 on: 29 March 2016, 20:26:45 »

To be fair that's not the model I'm referring to. The worst one is the big butt one. I dread them.
Ann....old cars....I don't do old cars.... :P
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.