Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 1748   Go Down

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2980662 times)

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #1335 on: 27 November 2011, 21:13:51 »

:'( :'( :'( i wasnt woke up fell asleep woke up fell asleep ;D ;D :-*

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: 28 November 2011, 15:28:26 »

Whatever it is... I didn't do it

feeutfo

« Reply #1337 on: 01 December 2011, 16:07:59 »

Bit if a vibration since fitting new tyres, and got worse after re fitting re furbed and new tyre shod wheels when Micheldever balanced all four. They used thier 5 stud system as requested and i watched the guy balance them through the reception window. All ok showed on the screen.
 But nfg. Car vibrating over a certain speed, rotate the fronts to the back and slightly better. But still there, hmmm inbalanced wheels at the back then.
 Down to my local tyre man, using thier own 5 stud balancer, sure enough both rears 20 and 15 grams out. One front 20 grams out.

Re fitted, quick blat up the motorway, smooth as a babys bum. Britain tyres in Reading. Good chaps. :y

Johnny English

• Omega Baron
  • Hungary
  • English antitalent
    • 1995. 2.5 V6 LPG manual
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: 01 December 2011, 16:27:05 »

Dismantled some unit of aircon at front of engine close to fan, service connector (fill up) was shoot out by overpressure. :(  Having found a used one I attempt to change them . Unsuccessfully. :( The ends of pipes are differents so I have to get it repaired by a welder who is able to weld alu aircon pipe as well. Not an easy job to find...I'm investigating away.  8) 8) 8)
C20NE - X25XE

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: 01 December 2011, 16:30:10 »

Opened the bonnet, topped coolant up again...

Then checked the dip stick and went 'arghhh..... shit!'  ... shut the bonnet and went back inside!  ;D

See the 'Water in Oil' thread!  :'(
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

Johnny English

• Omega Baron
  • Hungary
  • English antitalent
    • 1995. 2.5 V6 LPG manual
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: 01 December 2011, 17:41:36 »

Opened the bonnet, topped coolant up again...

Then checked the dip stick and went 'arghhh..... shit!'  ... shut the bonnet and went back inside!  ;D

See the 'Water in Oil' thread!  :'(

:'( :'( :'(
C20NE - X25XE

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: 01 December 2011, 18:34:56 »

Topped up the washer fluid level, got fed up with it showing on the display every time I started up ;D
I like red cars

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: 01 December 2011, 18:42:37 »

Topped up the washer fluid level, got fed up with it showing on the display every time I started up ;D
Must put some petrol in mine, the CID has been annoying me for the last 200 miles ;D
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: 01 December 2011, 18:51:37 »

Must put some petrol in mine, the CID has been annoying me for the last 200 miles ;D

Mine's just run out without nagging me. Added some white vinegar in case the Alton tap water has got to it and stuck the sensor. Smells like a chip shop with every rinse now. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: 01 December 2011, 18:54:55 »

Mine's just run out without nagging me. Added some white vinegar in case the Alton tap water has got to it and stuck the sensor. Smells like a chip shop with every rinse now. ;D
Guess you mean screen wash bottle, not petrol tank ::)

I still need to resolve the screen wash problem I have, hope to do that this weekend :)
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #1345 on: 01 December 2011, 18:59:24 »

Took me a minute to work that out.. I wondered what the benefit of vinegar in the petrol tank was!

Good job I didn't go out and try it.. ;D

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #1346 on: 01 December 2011, 19:26:26 »

Bit if a vibration since fitting new tyres, and got worse after re fitting re furbed and new tyre shod wheels when Micheldever balanced all four. They used thier 5 stud system as requested and i watched the guy balance them through the reception window. All ok showed on the screen.
 But nfg. Car vibrating over a certain speed, rotate the fronts to the back and slightly better. But still there, hmmm inbalanced wheels at the back then.
 Down to my local tyre man, using thier own 5 stud balancer, sure enough both rears 20 and 15 grams out. One front 20 grams out.

Re fitted, quick blat up the motorway, smooth as a babys bum. Britain tyres in Reading. Good chaps. :y

balancer machines dont give satisfactory results imo.. best is done on the car..

besides newly fitted tires will still loose balance after some trip.. :-\

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: 01 December 2011, 19:29:36 »

balancer machines dont give satisfactory results imo.. best is done on the car..

Back in the 70's they used to balance the wheels on the car, I wonder why they don't do it now.
I like red cars

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #1348 on: 01 December 2011, 19:35:28 »

Back in the 70's they used to balance the wheels on the car, I wonder why they don't do it now.

because its easy on the machine and not risky.. but even 0 grs of balance on machine is faulty on the car when you check with the flashing light.. and you can feel when you sit inside the car.. generally I sit inside the car when they work and I tell the result of weight inserted..

feeutfo

« Reply #1349 on: 01 December 2011, 20:24:08 »

because its easy on the machine and not risky.. but even 0 grs of balance on machine is faulty on the car when you check with the flashing light.. and you can feel when you sit inside the car.. generally I sit inside the car when they work and I tell the result of weight inserted..
They think i'm fussy, as i'm they're only customer that uses/insists on 5 stud, but they do it because they KNOW i'll be back to get it sorted if they dont. Not had balance at wim, but Britain tyres are the only place that get it right out of many i've used. Odd...
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 1748   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.