Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 1748   Go Down

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2979757 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #1380 on: 04 December 2011, 23:25:28 »

Somehow I have this mental image of TB slamming the phone down and then doing whatever the desk-based equivalent of leaving 10,000 miles of rubber is, before vowing never to call him again...

Nowhere near as much fun now CRT monitors are a thing of the past, that's what it is. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: 05 December 2011, 17:37:08 »

Somehow I have this mental image of TB slamming the phone down and then doing whatever the desk-based equivalent of leaving 10,000 miles of rubber is, before vowing never to call him again...
I'm gutted. Absolutely gutted. My old Compaq (that shows how old it is!) keyboard, we've been through much together at work, and its always survived. Until now. Gutted. It lost a heated argument with an Elitebook 8440. Devastated  :'(
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: 05 December 2011, 17:39:54 »

Nowhere near as much fun now CRT monitors are a thing of the past, that's what it is. ;)
Yet to see anyone destroy a VGA CRT in a fit of rage.  Obviously, lots of LCDs have gone to landfill due to dealing with idiots all day long  :-[

I did see someone through a CRT based dumb terminal (one of the big old heavy metal items in the 1980s) from a first floor window once - fortunately, he picked an open window.
Grumpy old man

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: 05 December 2011, 17:49:32 »

I'm gutted. Absolutely gutted. My old Compaq (that shows how old it is!) keyboard, we've been through much together at work, and its always survived. Until now. Gutted. It lost a heated argument with an Elitebook 8440. Devastated  :'(

Yes, a wee bit of destruction every now and again is very therapeutic - clears the custard no end. :-* :-*

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: 05 December 2011, 18:27:33 »

Yes, a wee bit of destruction every now and again is very therapeutic - clears the custard no end. :-* :-*
I agree wholeheartedly, but still gutted I bust my Compaq keyboard (103 key, not even one with a Windows button).
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: 05 December 2011, 19:11:18 »

I agree wholeheartedly, but still gutted I bust my Compaq keyboard (103 key, not even one with a Windows button).

Funnily enough I've got one of those old Compaq ones, and it's the nicest keyboard I've ever used.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: 05 December 2011, 19:28:22 »

Funnily enough I've got one of those old Compaq ones, and it's the nicest keyboard I've ever used.

My one still clatters away nicely, keys are getting quite worn, but it really annoys her when I'm at full chat with the fingers to the board, such that she has to turn the volume up on the telly whilst watching some 'reality' cack on the telly....   ;D

albitz

« Reply #1387 on: 05 December 2011, 19:33:28 »

I did a very old fashioned bodge on mine today.Its running cool and its too cold to be doing a stat change, so Ive put some silver cooking foil over part of the rad in an attempt to get it to run a tad hotter. ::)

05omegav6

« Reply #1388 on: 05 December 2011, 22:15:38 »

Serviced the beast today along with front pads and droplinks... Pattern parts would appear to be service items :-\ Droplinks have only done 12k ish. Bought a few bits and bobs from the scrappy, now have illuminated air vents, fixed rear interior light that some flid had managed to break, and sorted a busted window switch.

Popped over to see Robseymv6 this evening to collect a replacement bumper following a conversation with a bollard on Friday night. Thanks Rob, bumper has scrubbed up nicely :y

Back to the bodyshop in the morning so that they can replace all the bits that they should have done the first time >:(

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: 06 December 2011, 09:55:25 »

I did a very old fashioned bodge on mine today.Its running cool and its too cold to be doing a stat change, so Ive put some silver cooking foil over part of the rad in an attempt to get it to run a tad hotter. ::)

Ice Road Truckers styley!!  8)
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: 06 December 2011, 11:03:12 »

My one still clatters away nicely, keys are getting quite worn, but it really annoys her when I'm at full chat with the fingers to the board, such that she has to turn the volume up on the telly whilst watching some 'reality' cack on the telly....   ;D

Oh, yes, it does sound like a V6 running with empty lifters. ;D

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: 06 December 2011, 12:42:10 »

Almost finished drilling out my old exhaust bolts...

Need more drill bits....any recommendations?

albitz

« Reply #1392 on: 06 December 2011, 12:46:43 »

Cobalt. :y

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: 06 December 2011, 13:58:10 »

Oh, yes, it does sound like a V6 running with empty lifters. ;D

I have one of those original IBM AT keyboards with the 'rattle the windows' click action.... Weighs a tonne as well! Trouble is I haven't used a desktop pc / keyboard for about ten years and struggle with anything other than a Dell or HP laptop keyboard.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #1394 on: 06 December 2011, 18:47:15 »

warm start long crank problem solved.. reason was injectors leaking ..
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 1748   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.