Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who watches Lost  (Read 6702 times)

Martin_1962

Who watches Lost
« on: 12 July 2006, 23:47:14 »

OK then watches it?

I think it is one of the best programmes on TV. Just finished watching my recording off E4+1.

BTW on Freeview E4+1 is better picture than E4 - I did head to head once with two recordings - obvious difference.

Edited for spelling
« Last Edit: 12 July 2006, 23:48:45 by Martin_1962 »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Who watches Lost
« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2006, 09:20:09 »

Yeah, I kinda got suckered into it. Liked the format, with flashbacks to their previous lives, then a few episodes later, same flashback but more info given - gives greater insight into characters.

However, the second series dragged on a bit in the middle - good start, good, if somewhat bizarre, busy, ending.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2006, 09:23:43 »

24 is more my thing. I try not to get suckered in to it (Mrs TheBoy is an avid fan), but I see the first episode of a series (she normally needs a bit of help with the MCE), and I get hooked.  She decided to start watching series 5 about a week before we went to France last month, and we had to get the whole series done before we went - 24 hour long episodes in a week  :-/
Grumpy old man

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 July 2006, 09:43:09 »

Been a while since last watched it watched most of the first series, but i am usually out when its on.

Will more than likely but the dvd when it comes out.

Martin_1962

« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2006, 09:59:34 »

Yeah, I kinda got suckered into it. Liked the format, with flashbacks to their previous lives, then a few episodes later, same flashback but more info given - gives greater insight into characters.

However, the second series dragged on a bit in the middle - good start, good, if somewhat bizarre, busy, ending.

You have seen all the second series?

D/Led?

rob114

« Reply #5 on: 13 July 2006, 10:05:20 »

will admit to being a fan as well!!  managed to get series 2 in advance (already shown in advance in us).  I think u either hav the lost bug or not.....ie u need to watch all the episodes otherwise u r knackered!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 July 2006, 10:15:09 »

D/Led?

I was half way though season 3 m8 before i got bored.. it was good, the second series was far better than the first. But season 3 they really drag out the storylines and keep it going around in circles. There are also some "dogey" things appear (not to spoil it for you) but it became too far fetched this "new thing" I lost interest in it then.

Martin_1962

« Reply #7 on: 13 July 2006, 11:03:38 »

D/Led?

I was half way though season 3 m8 before i got bored.. it was good, the second series was far better than the first. But season 3 they really drag out the storylines and keep it going around in circles. There are also some "dogey" things appear (not to spoil it for you) but it became too far fetched this "new thing" I lost interest in it then.

I'm worried about it being dragged on too long - if they are not careful they could kill it.

That said my wife watches Deadenders and Horrornation Street and she reckon HS is pretty poor at the moment - yet she still watches it!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 July 2006, 18:38:19 »

it does get a bit dragged out i am afriad  :(

Season 2 is still by far the best, start is good, middle of the season gets a bit soggy, good towards the end tho.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 July 2006, 18:40:23 »

middle of the season gets a bit soggy
Understatement of the year...
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 July 2006, 18:47:28 »

well I am not sure how far the E4 has got in showing season 2, so did't want to spoil the suprise for Martin  :P

Liam

• Intermediate Member
  • Da Ghetto, Kempston Rural, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 July 2006, 19:14:16 »

This reminds me i really need to finish season 1 and get onto 2!!!  Excellent so far (i'm still at the ooooooh a hatch stage) - as you ought to expect from the makers of Alias.  I'd advise anyone to check out the first three seasons of that too (haven't seen 4 and 5 but hear they aren't as good.  Current fave series though has to be House.  Check it out!!

Liam

STMO123

« Reply #12 on: 13 July 2006, 20:48:16 »

D/Led?

DONT ANYONE DARE ASK HIM WHAT HAPPENS! I LOVE IT.
« Last Edit: 13 July 2006, 20:49:56 by STMO123 »

markey mark

• Omega Baron
  • SLady bitshorpe north lincs
  • banned for repeatedly reneaging on deals.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 July 2006, 22:39:44 »

no dont ask i love it too and dont want to know  :-/

Martin_1962

« Reply #14 on: 13 July 2006, 23:43:58 »

If you search on the internet there are loads of sites with Hurleys lottery numbers/them typed in numbers on the computer ect ect.

When 5 came up on the Irish lottery there were a record number of 5 ball winners

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #15 on: 15 July 2006, 12:41:06 »

Been meaning to watch series1 ive got on dvd......ive had it for months and its still in its cellophane wrapper.....purposely avoided watching other series until i get the time to watch the 1st series.

Even took it with me a month or so ago when i went for a week on the south coast....in case of crap weather......unfortunately or fortunately the weather was good

Martin_1962

« Reply #16 on: 15 July 2006, 18:11:58 »

You'll have to get S2 DVD as well now

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #17 on: 15 July 2006, 19:22:19 »

Ummmm guess so  :-/

summat

• Preston, Lancashire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 July 2006, 08:21:03 »

Sort of like it - it's about the only series-linked thing on the Sky+ box atm, mainly because the wife likes it (ergo, I'm allowed to watch it),  I did used to like 24 - but as she didn't then organising freedom-of-the-telly at prime-time Sundays became unfeasible (this was pre-Sky+ days).

Martin_1962

« Reply #19 on: 16 July 2006, 10:42:48 »

I couldn't put up with being charged just to record things - I own a Freeview PVR no £10 a month there!

summat

• Preston, Lancashire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 July 2006, 12:23:16 »

I couldn't put up with being charged just to record things - I own a Freeview PVR no £10 a month there!

Going sorta off-topic, but what the hell. Yup, that stuck in the back of my throat too, however, the subscription to Sky+ is free if you take 2 of either movie or sports channels (works out around +£13, or so) - so the actual monthly subscription is much less *IF* you can justify those. I think life is changing - we seem to need a hefty dose of direct debits just to get through life nowadays.

(fond memories of "free" dial-up internet connections, before we had to pay for broadband access)

BTW - don't get me wrong - just bought me mum a Sagem (hmm!) Free-To-Air PVR/Digibox - very good value for money I think, but ultimately significantly less choice than that offered by Sky. Thankfully, we'll all benefit from the about-to-be free to airing of Film-4, in a weeks time.

(Now, back to my dreams [soon to become reality] of a HD-HTPC)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16 July 2006, 12:28:19 »

Sky, Freeview, TopUpTV, Cable - all are full of trash TV.

In the old days, flicked on the telly, flicked through 3 channels, decided nothing on, went and did something more constructive instead. Only 10 secs wasted.

Nowadays, 200 odd channels, it takes ages to decide there is naff all on before doing something else. 30m wasted.

Progress?
Grumpy old man

Martin_1962

« Reply #22 on: 16 July 2006, 17:18:07 »

Sky, Freeview, TopUpTV, Cable - all are full of trash TV.

In the old days, flicked on the telly, flicked through 3 channels, decided nothing on, went and did something more constructive instead. Only 10 secs wasted.

Nowadays, 200 odd channels, it takes ages to decide there is naff all on before doing something else. 30m wasted.

Progress?

I got very annoyed when ITV took Men & Motors off for their rubbish quiz channel
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.