Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: If I decide to call myself Stephanie.....  (Read 4830 times)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: If I decide to call myself Stephanie.....
« Reply #30 on: 21 March 2019, 17:05:17 »

.....you'd all better respect my decision, or I'll report you to the police.  ::)

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/mar/20/catholic-journalist-investigated-by-police-after-misgendering-trans-woman

"Those whom the gods would destroy....." :-X

The idea that any person (let alone a journalist) who identifies as part of that devious, poisonous, murderous, paedophile protecting organisation could cast aspersions on another's character boils my pi$$.  >:(

« Last Edit: 21 March 2019, 17:13:50 by jimmy944 »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 21 March 2019, 17:15:04 »

Teenagers have always had one of the highest suicide rates anyways... Blaming it on parental gender reinforcement won't change that. But the child needs the maturity to understand why they feel the way that they do.

Abuse is probably the prevalent underlying cause of gender confusion.

I think you misunderstood me somewhat, yes teenagers have a high suicide rate, but transgender and non-binary teenagers significantly more so than their cis gender / binary peers.

Eg. an anonymised study by the American Society of Paediatrics:
More than half of transgender male teens who participated in the survey reported attempting suicide in their lifetime, while 29.9 percent of transgender female teens said they attempted suicide. Among non-binary youth, 41.8 percent of respondents stated that they had attempted suicide at some point in their lives.

Doubtless you could dispute the tenacity of their suicide attempts, but arguing that "when you're older you'll know better or feel differently" which I'll wager is a common parental stock response, neatly tagged on to "its just a phase" is pretty lazy thinking and doesn't help the individuals in question.

Also, implicit in the argument that people should wait is the the idea that supporting them to live as the gender with which they identify is in some way harmful, either to them or to society, which I would dispute.
Granted, only covers the female aspect of the subject, but several of the interviews are quite an insight:

https://inews.co.uk/culture/television/100-vaginas-channel-4-laura-dodsworth-documentary-vulvas-when-time-tonight/

Childhood phases are formative rather than defining and help us grow into adulthood with a clear understanding of who we are. The current trend of needing to be different from 'normal' by trying to predefine children by direction needs to be addressed as it only serves to royally opps them up.

Being a teenager is difficult enough with growth and hormones, it must be hell having been predefined, pampered and pandered to before hitting puberty. Or worse abused or neglected.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 21 March 2019, 17:26:41 »

There is actually a very serious side to this matter, and one I was taught many years ago when I was an RAF instructor having to teach mixed-sex flight deck crews about things like "Crew co-operation", "Flight deck gradients", and other aspects of working together in a small metal box at great heights, under great pressure for up to 21 hours at a time. Under those conditions how, and why, people react to even the smallest thing, is very important.

Many folk don't know that we are ALL, every single one of us, born "female", and for the first 6 weeks or so we develop as females. If, after that time, we have the "correct" chromosone mix, ( XX female; XY male), then, in theory, the "male" body will produce a hormone that starts the embryo to change from female to male.

All sounds very simple, and 90% of the time it works as advertised. However (theres always one of them) when things go wrong there are problems.

Keeping it simple, as it is quite complex at times, if the hormone level is on time and correct then the female embryo turns into a "normal" male. The earlier the hormone kicks in the more "macho" the male becomes, and if it kicks in early, and at a high level, you end up with the stereotypical "ultra male".

When the hormone kicks in late is usually the problem, as the later it is, or the lower the level is, the more "female" the foetus is, and a "late and low" level leads to a very effeminate male.

It has recently been proved that the majority of males going for "sex changes" are in this category, they think and feel they are female because their bodies (and brains) developed as female for much longer than perhaps they should have.

BTW, if a "true" female (XX) gets a kick of the same hormone when they shouldn't, it causes "maleness" problems ... stereotypically the "butch" female. In the worst cases it leads to actualy having both sets of sex organs, or the problems that Caster Semenya is having.

Finally, (and you'll be pleased I've finished :) ) the question arises, "Why is this happening so much now, it didn't happen when I was a kid" .. well actually it did, but it was swept under the carpet and kept quiet, but it was certainly less publicised.... but is it actually more "common" now, is it it just "more publicity" ??

There is a school of thought, presently unproven, that the amount of hormones being used both in agriculture (growth hormones) and in everyday life (mainly the hormones in birth control pills, women pass these when passing water, so they enter the water cycle) are affecting us by contaminating the water we need to survive, The only proven studies show that fish are affected .... whose to say that we humans are not ???

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/02/fish-becoming-transgender-contraceptive-pill-chemicals-flushed/

So the behaviour of some folks is actually not under their control, why should we treat them badly when it is their own bodies makeup that is causing them, and society (who can't accept the truth) all the problems ??
« Last Edit: 21 March 2019, 17:35:02 by Entwood »

STEMO

« Reply #33 on: 21 March 2019, 17:33:58 »

The part about the hormones in agriculture is, indeed, a big problem. Not only hormones, but antibiotics also.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 21 March 2019, 18:01:41 »

Imo, it is a decision which can only be taken once someone has reached full adulthood. Allowing young children to go down this path chills my blood tbh.

It's hard to be that cut and dried about such an issue though.

If someone truly believes they are living in a body with the "wrong gender" then compelling them to go through their formative and teenage years with that feeling could do them permanent mental or emotional damage.

Studies have shown transgender teenagers are one of the highest risk sub-groups for suicide. It doesn't seem like waiting is doing that group all that much good...

Very well said and all very true.  In my police work I occasionally come across such cases. :y

STEMO

« Reply #35 on: 21 March 2019, 18:05:28 »

Imo, it is a decision which can only be taken once someone has reached full adulthood. Allowing young children to go down this path chills my blood tbh.

It's hard to be that cut and dried about such an issue though.

If someone truly believes they are living in a body with the "wrong gender" then compelling them to go through their formative and teenage years with that feeling could do them permanent mental or emotional damage.

Studies have shown transgender teenagers are one of the highest risk sub-groups for suicide. It doesn't seem like waiting is doing that group all that much good...

Very well said and all very true.  In my police work I occasionally come across such cases. :y
Be quiet, Vera.  ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 21 March 2019, 18:15:41 »

There is actually a very serious side to this matter, and one I was taught many years ago when I was an RAF instructor having to teach mixed-sex flight deck crews about things like "Crew co-operation", "Flight deck gradients", and other aspects of working together in a small metal box at great heights, under great pressure for up to 21 hours at a time. Under those conditions how, and why, people react to even the smallest thing, is very important.

Many folk don't know that we are ALL, every single one of us, born "female", and for the first 6 weeks or so we develop as females. If, after that time, we have the "correct" chromosone mix, ( XX female; XY male), then, in theory, the "male" body will produce a hormone that starts the embryo to change from female to male.

All sounds very simple, and 90% of the time it works as advertised. However (theres always one of them) when things go wrong there are problems.

Keeping it simple, as it is quite complex at times, if the hormone level is on time and correct then the female embryo turns into a "normal" male. The earlier the hormone kicks in the more "macho" the male becomes, and if it kicks in early, and at a high level, you end up with the stereotypical "ultra male".

When the hormone kicks in late is usually the problem, as the later it is, or the lower the level is, the more "female" the foetus is, and a "late and low" level leads to a very effeminate male.

It has recently been proved that the majority of males going for "sex changes" are in this category, they think and feel they are female because their bodies (and brains) developed as female for much longer than perhaps they should have.

BTW, if a "true" female (XX) gets a kick of the same hormone when they shouldn't, it causes "maleness" problems ... stereotypically the "butch" female. In the worst cases it leads to actualy having both sets of sex organs, or the problems that Caster Semenya is having.

Finally, (and you'll be pleased I've finished :) ) the question arises, "Why is this happening so much now, it didn't happen when I was a kid" .. well actually it did, but it was swept under the carpet and kept quiet, but it was certainly less publicised.... but is it actually more "common" now, is it it just "more publicity" ??

There is a school of thought, presently unproven, that the amount of hormones being used both in agriculture (growth hormones) and in everyday life (mainly the hormones in birth control pills, women pass these when passing water, so they enter the water cycle) are affecting us by contaminating the water we need to survive, The only proven studies show that fish are affected .... whose to say that we humans are not ???

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/02/fish-becoming-transgender-contraceptive-pill-chemicals-flushed/

So the behaviour of some folks is actually not under their control, why should we treat them badly when it is their own bodies makeup that is causing them, and society (who can't accept the truth) all the problems ??

All very true, and I would emphasis that this condition was not known by most doctors until the April Ashley case in the 1960's in Britain, although the first gender reassignment was undergone in Germany in 1930, but was kept rather quite. The truth is that no-one in the 1950's into the 1960's actually understood what the condition was, and indeed was treated as a "mental illness" by 99.9% of doctors, with many poor souls ending up in padded cells and undergoing 'aversion therapy' which included electric shocks.  That is why very few made it known how they felt.  Unlike today when the condition is well recognised by many doctors and surgeons, with the laws changed to support them and the police able to give the appropriate assistance as required. :y

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 22 March 2019, 18:07:39 »

We all start off as females, this is why a man has a scar line on his scrotum where it was a female genital until the womb & ovaries grew out of the body to form male bits. It is fairly common, (about 1 in 4,000-5,000) for a woman to not have a womb (much rarer to not have ovaries but in cases where they have no womb it is not uncommon for the ovaries not to work) where the male bits didn't form properly. This happened to a daughter of a neighbour on mine and she had to have growth hormone as a child, but still only grew to about 4' 6" and female hormones as an adult. Sadly, she can't live a normal life and has never had a partner.

It is always easy for people to criticise people who are disabled, especially when the disability is not obvious like in cases like this, where we are all lucky as "with there for the grace of god go I". Yes, in the past where this issue has not been recognised and people discriminated against, it has now sadly been IMO hijacked by left-wing pressure groups, with an agenda of applying social pressure to force children at a young age to identify as LBGTQ. Modern society seems to be incapable of taking a sensible middle ground view on so many contemporary issues. Unfortunately, in UK the age of innocence not longer exits for children with sex education starting at 5 in schools, which includes LBGTQ discussions at this age.

One only has to see how children are now skiving from school to protest about climate change fraud to see how their left-wing teachers are brain wash them from a young age. As you know I haven't got much time for Mobster Trump but one of the positive things that is coming out of his pro-plant food bias is he is now pushing for balanced approach to climate science which I hope will depoliticise it, so good observations and experiments prove the good science that actually works and debunks the bad politicized stuff that doesn't but is heavily pushed to make good scare fables either for their smash Western capitalism agenda for the climate religion or to make vast fortunes like people like Al Gore's $1bn+ or Lord Denen's £millions. 16th century English philosopher description of science as 'absolute truths' need to come to the fore again and tbh it is starting to, where the climate fraud 30 year predictions in the late 1980's just haven't happened.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.