Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Under pressure  (Read 1363 times)

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
Under pressure
« on: 01 June 2017, 00:33:03 »

Under severe pressure to part with one of my babies (Omega's) Keeping swmbo at bay for the moment. Possibility of some ackers still due from her cousins estate, and also we are looking to move to Brackley, which could substantially increase the capital. If I can find the right place with plenty of parking, I will keep all three, and sorn whichever. She wants a puddle-jumper, and I admit, I have seen a nice Lexus 330 for me, but the tax is £520 per year. Don't know whether to trade in the gold estate for a new car (or nearly new) for her, then find a house with space, so I keep the other two, and then get the Lexus (if not sold).
Or...it could be a Skoda Superb.
In a quandry. Bloke next door wants to buy my house, and the move could mean about 100 grand in my bank account. Seen one place in Brackley ( well away from flying garage doors, etc !!! ). He keeps on at me, so getting it from all sides now !! :-\
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Under pressure
« Reply #1 on: 01 June 2017, 01:23:40 »

Where's Ken when you need him... ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 01 June 2017, 06:58:50 »

The fact that you're posting this at half midnight tells a story, Tony. Don't be rushed into anything you might regret mate. If people are so keen for all this to happen, they won't mind waiting a while, will they? Especially if they have no choice.  ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 June 2017, 18:10:49 »

Seen one place in Brackley ( well away from flying garage doors, etc !!! )
This must be the safest street in town now ;D.

All the new housing has insufficient parking - just look at the number of cars blocking the road on Poppyfields Way...  ...then consider how bad it will be when these morons' offspring reach 17, and buy a car. So I guess you are looking at the 1990s areas, or even the 1980s Barrett style ones near the little school.
Grumpy old man

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 June 2017, 20:56:22 »

Where's Ken when you need him... ::)

I think he may be under orders not to buy anymore lol
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 June 2017, 10:26:23 »

From TB's remarks......I wouldn't mind a new place on the new developments, well within our limits. But as you say...parking is the problem (and some don't seem to have garages). There is a detached place with parking I have seen, but it is only a few doors away from my son. Also one near my daughter (along from the school) seems to have the parking. Coming over on Sunday, so will look at a few !!! :y
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 June 2017, 17:42:12 »

From TB's remarks......I wouldn't mind a new place on the new developments, well within our limits. But as you say...parking is the problem (and some don't seem to have garages). There is a detached place with parking I have seen, but it is only a few doors away from my son. Also one near my daughter (along from the school) seems to have the parking. Coming over on Sunday, so will look at a few !!! :y

Move to Wales, You'd probably get a mansion down here for your budget  ::) WITH car parking  :y
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 June 2017, 18:00:09 »

I wouldn't mind a new place on the new developments
I half-heartedly looked at one (on plan) with a double garage then, but was concerned about how tightly they were being crammed in, so didn't pursue it further/

The one I was interested in, a corner plot, is now built, and I'm bloody glad I didn't go for it.  Open the windows, you run a risk of blocking the pavement, and the drive would be tight for 2 cars, and if I wanted the Battlebus at home, that would have to go on the road.

So I'm staying put. Granted, single width driveway needs us to be organised, but at least we can get 3 big cars on the drive, and aren't too badly crammed in.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.