Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coil pack for 2.6  (Read 1998 times)

Black5f

• Rothwell. Northants
    • '#03996 Z28
    • View Profile
Coil pack for 2.6
« on: 12 April 2018, 18:29:44 »

Following on from here:
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=142282.0

After looking at ebay found Euro Car Parts, have an offer ends midnight 16th, code is on their website, click and collect 35% off so got a HAAS unit for £61 ... £32 off :-)

Tom
Current cars ... Omega CD 2.6 '02 is sadly gone, but to a good home, 2005 Honda Civic, '21 Mitsubishi Outlander, and a '96 Chevy Z28 '96 which is still quick.

Black5f

• Rothwell. Northants
    • '#03996 Z28
    • View Profile
Re: Coil pack for 2.6
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2018, 16:03:24 »

Update ... although a bit late. Changed near side coil pack, not difficult. All the plug holes were full of water, I mean full, coil pack had two big cracks in it ... how was it running? Hoovered out the plugs holes, then sprayed them with WD, hoovered that out as well till it looked new. Fitted coil pack. Runs like a dream.
Tom
Current cars ... Omega CD 2.6 '02 is sadly gone, but to a good home, 2005 Honda Civic, '21 Mitsubishi Outlander, and a '96 Chevy Z28 '96 which is still quick.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2018, 16:13:10 »

Plug holes full of water is an Omega characteristic, caused by a leaking scuttle. You can seal it with silicone, but it needs to be readily removable to work around the rear of the engine. Removing the foam drastically reduces the problem, and is easy to do.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2018, 19:33:38 »

Plug holes full of water is an Omega characteristic, caused by a leaking scuttle. You can seal it with silicone, but it needs to be readily removable to work around the rear of the engine. Removing the foam drastically reduces the problem, and is easy to do.
Or fix the real issue, which is the windscreen seal needs knocking back on :y
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2018, 20:02:36 »

Yeah, did that. But for it to seal, it needed knocking into the glass by a couple of mm. And I haven't figured out a way of doing that without creating a lot more wind noise and a massive water leak onto the dashboard.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 May 2018, 17:36:53 »

Yeah, did that. But for it to seal, it needed knocking into the glass by a couple of mm. And I haven't figured out a way of doing that without creating a lot more wind noise and a massive water leak onto the dashboard.
The seal has a hard (metal probably) u shape that if memory serves is malliable enough to manipulate, but springy enough to grab.

I've always found it trivial to put it back on properly.
Grumpy old man

Black5f

• Rothwell. Northants
    • '#03996 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 May 2018, 18:27:21 »

Mines miss-shapen after it blew out (too fast) and won't lock in. Previous owner said windscreen got replaced and current seal never sat properly. It's currently held in place with tape, waiting for me to get a new hot melt gun!

TheBoy is right, all the ignition troubles started after it blew out.

Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.