Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: MOT Emissions FAIL - Help!  (Read 5209 times)

Abiton

Re: MOT Emissions FAIL - Help!
« Reply #45 on: 09 September 2010, 23:39:45 »

I'm on unfamiliar territory here as I don't have a V6, and I've never had emissions problems, but...

...if overall mixture is lean, and you still have high CO, it must be one/both cats not doing what they should?

Can you not separately probe each bank/cat, by putting a CO probe up one or other exhaust pipe, at some point where they are separate (if that isn't the case all the way through)?  That might tell you whether one bank/cat is worse than t'other.

Might involve disconnecting bits of exhaust to get to a point where you're just looking at one cat at a time, but probably worth it; you don't wanna replace both cats if only one is failing in its duties.  :-/

24_Valve

• Intermediate Member
  • Greater London
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 10 September 2010, 00:00:42 »

thanks Abiton will definately have a think on it. Can't recall exactly where they join into 1. Guess its just behind the back box, so would need stripping down because it has 2 exhausts/cats ending in one back box/tail pipe. Wish it just had seperate twin exhaust tail pipes, like other motors  :(
Previous: 1996 Omega 2.5i V6 Manual Estate. Pearlescent, Polar Sea Blue. Walnut Trim. A/C & E/S/R. ABS & TC. Heated Seats. 16" Face Lift Alloy's. 225/55 Kuhmo Ecsta KH11 Tyres. NGK BKR5EK Plugs - All Six !

markfree

« Reply #47 on: 10 September 2010, 19:55:24 »

thanks Abiton will definately have a think on it. Can't recall exactly where they join into 1. Guess its just behind the back box, so would need stripping down because it has 2 exhausts/cats ending in one back box/tail pipe. Wish it just had seperate twin exhaust tail pipes, like other motors  :(

Yes the 2 seperate exhausts join at the back box - you'll need to undo the large jubilee clips which hold the 2 exhausts onto the back box, then seperate the 2 pipes from the back box - easier said than done, cause if you're exhaust  is past it's sell by date you might need an angle grinder or oxy-acet torch to seperate them, then you have the problem of joining them back again :-/
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.