Author Topic: Aerial  (Read 3005 times)

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
Re: Aerial
« Reply #15 on: 06 March 2014, 07:19:02 »

Zirk.... are you a RadioHam...? Im a 2E0 but studying for my advanced later on in the year to get my Dads G6 call :)
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 March 2014, 08:40:48 »

Zirk.... are you a RadioHam...? Im a 2E0 but studying for my advanced later on in the year to get my Dads G6 call :)
No, well, kind of No.  :-\

last 35 years in the Radio Comms and Telecomms Industry, prior to that Sound Engineer, then Audio and Hi Fi.

Seem to remember I had one of those G8 Licences moons ago, but that all got thrown out the window (literally) when you have to work in the game.   ::)
« Last Edit: 06 March 2014, 08:46:54 by zirk »

Lagondanet

• Omega Knight
  • Bedfordshire
  • The Omega is gone!
    • View Profile
    • Lagondanet
« Reply #17 on: 20 March 2014, 13:54:54 »

Member of first owner's family says it was used for a car tracking/security service. My earlier Omega (This/current one is 2002) had 'Tracker' fitted but with no visible aerial.

1980 V8 Lagonda & a 2014 Adam & a 2015 Antara.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18 April 2014, 13:38:31 »

Member of first owner's family says it was used for a car tracking/security service. My earlier Omega (This/current one is 2002) had 'Tracker' fitted but with no visible aerial.
Probably used on the Securicor Datatrak Service then. Securicor developed their own AVL Service in the UK for their own Security Vans when early GPS System was deemed patchy or unreliable for non Military use. The Vans would pick up HF Beacons around the Country, calculated its position then transmit the Data back to Securicor Control Rooms via its own UHF Radio Network.

Having built its owm AVL Service, Securicor Datatrak would also Sub Rent its Services to 3rd Party Firms for increased revenue.

The System you had fitted, Tracker, was slightly different design, in as much a Tracker (AVL with Open Transmitter Data) would be hidden in the Vehicle, then activated by forced entry or remotely, transmit its location in real time on an open common frequencies so that the Police, Recovery or the Tracker Control Rooms could receive and Track the Data from the Vehicle. 

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18 April 2014, 17:27:19 »

No, well, kind of No.  :-\

last 35 years in the Radio Comms and Telecomms Industry, prior to that Sound Engineer, then Audio and Hi Fi.

Seem to remember I had one of those G8 Licences moons ago, but that all got thrown out the window (literally) when you have to work in the game.   ::)
Sorry for going off Topic.. Zirk why do these technics hifi amps IE:-SU-X902 (class A) and a few more ive had in the past always have the fan that is controlled by temp pack up, But its never the fan,But the board that runs it  :-\
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.