Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heated seats GLS  (Read 958 times)

dunkymunky

Heated seats GLS
« on: 19 April 2014, 16:44:48 »

Hi again all

Been flicking through the forum with no easy answer. I've got switches installed (ebay bargain) and lighting up on my 2001 facelift 2.2 GLS.

My plan is to have fully working front heated seats. Does anyone know if wiring is already in place for front heated seats in GLS spec, and if so, where will I find it? Will I have to buy genuine OEM heating pads or will ebay bargain ones do?

Thanks for any help

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
Re: Heated seats GLS
« Reply #1 on: 19 April 2014, 17:42:33 »

You will need to replace your front seats. The GLS seats don't have the heater pads in them, and it would be more cost effective to replace the seats. You can either replace with the velour seats from a CD or CDX spec Omega, the MV6 sports seats or leather from a CD or CDX Omega. All of these seats are plug and play. The wiring is all in place in your GLS. Elite seats can be fitted, these have full electric operation, but require some wiring modification. Do ensure whatever seats you fit come from a Facelift Omega aswell.

dunkymunky

« Reply #2 on: 19 April 2014, 18:02:34 »

excellent, thank you for that. Do the seats from a CD or CDX also have electric height adjustment, because I'd quite like to keep that too. I'm not fussed about memory seats and judging by some of the posts on here, they seem like a hassle so would rather stay away from them

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 April 2014, 19:11:48 »

excellent, thank you for that. Do the seats from a CD or CDX also have electric height adjustment, because I'd quite like to keep that too. I'm not fussed about memory seats and judging by some of the posts on here, they seem like a hassle so would rather stay away from them
yes  :y

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 April 2014, 19:40:48 »

Make sure you disconnect the battery before unplugging the connectors under the seats.

If you don't you will trigger an airbag ECU fault which is an MOT failure and won't clear (unless it is reset with Tech2)
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 April 2014, 21:53:57 »

Not sure where abouts you are, but got some saloon CD spec seats here if your interested, cheapish. ;)

dunkymunky

« Reply #6 on: 19 April 2014, 23:36:15 »

Thanks zirk but its a bit too far for me. Is it possible to get an oem heating pad, put it in the seat and plug it in? I know I've probably over simplified it, but is it reasonably doable?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 April 2014, 23:53:01 »

I'm not fussed about memory seats and judging by some of the posts on here, they seem like a hassle so ....

Never heard of them being a hassle  ??? ??? ??? I miss them on my Merc  :(

05omegav6

« Reply #8 on: 20 April 2014, 01:49:51 »

Thanks zirk but its a bit too far for me. Is it possible to get an oem heating pad, put it in the seat and plug it in? I know I've probably over simplified it, but is it reasonably doable?
Quicker and easier to drive to Essex ::)

Probably cheaper too...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.