Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NCDC Lost its way  (Read 1841 times)

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
NCDC Lost its way
« on: 23 April 2014, 20:06:45 »

For the last few days the red/green disply in the r/h corner of the display screen has been Red,indicating the satnav isnt finding any satelites ?

The display map works although it gives my location as Mid Essex although I live in Kent and the map referrence coordinates are for Essex.It will let me plan a route but will start it as if I am leaving Mid Essex and the arrow on the map does move however it has no relation to any road I am on or going near.I have gone through the option menus but cannot find anything that seems incorrect.

How do I get the system back to a set position if possible as I assume without a satelite fix nothing can be done.Would disconnecting the main battery for hour or so and then refitting cause it to reboot ?

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
Re: NCDC Lost its way
« Reply #1 on: 23 April 2014, 20:13:09 »

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 April 2014, 20:24:02 »

GPS Antenna has packed up by the sound of it, or a cable fault, the reason it showing your somewhere else, is the onboard Giro's are working overtime now, doing its best to keep up with a lack of GPS Signal.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 April 2014, 20:30:38 »

That was my worry Chris .

I was so carefull fitting the mag unit you sorted for me on parcel shel and all wires neatly cable fixed down.If its gone west wont trouble fixing it now as removing the parcel shelf is a pita and anyway Tomtom is far better just would of liked main unit to function to.Will do a reset as advised and see if that clears it..odd as it had been working fine up until Monday  >:(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 April 2014, 20:39:30 »

Has the stereo been out recently? If so, check the GPS connector that clips into the cage...
Grumpy old man

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 April 2014, 21:07:30 »

No head units has been touched.

Had a retro magmount gps aerial fabricated with flylead and fakro plug to join into existing loom.All mounted on metal parcel shelf under parcel shelf and for the past 3 months all has worked perfectly with green indicator coming on everytime car has been used.Noticed on Monday indicator was red so assumed due to low cloud etc difficulty locating satelites.

Since then hasn,t changed to green and whilst map will accept enteries the positioning is some 50/60 miles away from wher I actually am and screen is showing arrow in Mid Esssex..I live in Kent.Just been out and tried again ..even doing a reset by holding the clear button for few seconds which causes head unit to go off and then back on but no change on sat nav.

As this has been a bit of a pita to get it retro fitted with the aerial I now will just leave it until my need for things to work.be as they should gets the better of me and revisit it again,but this time I think a differnt type of aerial is required and to avoid dismantling the parcel shelf I will see if I can pick the connection up either at the head unit itself or in the drivers kick panel inside the blue box thingy as not taking the parcel shelf out again as blind came abit loose first time around so can see future issues there too.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 April 2014, 21:09:25 »

Ah, so you know the problem then ;D
Grumpy old man

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 April 2014, 21:11:27 »

Suspect the cheapo mag mount thing has died. >:(

Time to find a decent sat nav aerial but roof hole now has a DAB aerial fitted in it which also isn,t comimg out again

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 April 2014, 22:44:13 »

Yea, I kind of remember now, just, think I made up a lead for you from the foot well (was it FME) to the rear area, Fakro plug?, cant remember now if I introduced an adapter or not somewhere in the line, might be worth a wriggle or a re push together, just in casd its been strecthed, but as a rule fairly good at crimping plugs, but you never know.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 April 2014, 23:05:43 »

Chris.You just cut part of the original lead off the magmount aerial and joined on a fakro plug which joined into the exsiting roof aerial lead at parcel shelf.Doudt it has become detached as secured to parcel shelf and with adhesive cable pads.

Will now look at possibly splitting cable at the blue box in drivers foot well and getting some connection from their into another more substantial aeriel as imagine cheapo mag mount is where problem is and more trouble than its worth pulling parcel shelf apart again now

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 April 2014, 23:40:58 »

Ok Mate, well if your passing this way at any point and Im around, we can have a play and see whats going on  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.