Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Keswick Meet - What ya bringing?  (Read 11463 times)

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
Re: Keswick Meet - What ya bringing?
« Reply #60 on: 05 June 2007, 21:41:51 »

I'll gladly contribute as I won't be able to bring anything, failing that the pub sounds good!

What about the Carling ::)

amigov6

« Reply #61 on: 05 June 2007, 22:39:32 »

If we are confirmed for a BBQ on Saturday evening, then no reason why we couldn't perhaps collect £x per head on the day then have an expedition to the nearest supermarket and get (food) supplies.  Perhaps will save a bit on waste, where peeps may well bring stuff thats been frozen, now defrosted and not going to be used so must then be binned as it cannot be refrozen?
Will bring frozen & fresh stuff in coolbox that can be cooked on friday. Might have to do a further shop for sat bbq.

amigov6

« Reply #62 on: 05 June 2007, 22:42:56 »

OK, what are we doing about food etc - each take our own, or arrange some kind of kitty, and someone/peeps get it all?

Might be safer if we get our own but bear in mind that some of our number are not experienced campers and may require a wee red cross parcel or two...   ;D

More than happy to contribute to the greater good as regards stuff to burn on a BBQ but I know that some folks will probably wander to the local pub for a meal.  T'other half hinted that this evening, rather than a Broocie cook-a-thon :D
I agree :y
Yeah me too, but as some of us will have kids, and should we have a BBQ on the saturday, then maybe a kitty may be useful and buy up there, as i spent 60 bucks on grub for the cambelt meet in feb and most of it ended up at Maxv6's, save having to kart a load of gear up, don't mind bringing gear up for a BBQ friday evening, as wont have a problem trying to keep it fresh til saturday, is anyone bringing a BBQ?
:DYes & coal but only a small one!!! still good 4 frying onions in a pan etc [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 05 June 2007, 22:53:24 »

I'm gonna bring some of those disposable bbq, as haven't got room for big one.  I'm also bring the camping stove/grill, and a fridge...
Grumpy old man

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 05 June 2007, 23:00:11 »

I'll gladly contribute as I won't be able to bring anything, failing that the pub sounds good!

What about the Carling ::)
Err I meant in the food department  ::)
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 05 June 2007, 23:00:20 »

I'm gonna bring some of those disposable bbq, as haven't got room for big one.  I'm also bring the camping stove/grill, and a fridge...

bringing camping stove and grill too, also have a small gas camping BBQ, spotted a wee roond stand BBQ in asda the day for a fiver, but the disposable BBq at a lower price and with coals, so yet to decide on that one. No fridge thats too posh for camping ;D

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 05 June 2007, 23:31:16 »

....Some black pudding and square sausage would'nt go amiss Broocie :y    

:y

amigov6

« Reply #67 on: 05 June 2007, 23:31:59 »

bringing camping stove and grill too, also have a small gas camping BBQ, spotted a wee roond stand BBQ in asda the day for a fiver, but the disposable BBq at a lower price and with coals, so yet to decide on that one. No fridge thats too posh for camping ;D
8-)Getting close now. Booked fri off work, getting gear ready but ireckon if we all bring what we can to eat & something to cook it on we wo'nt go hungry. [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 06 June 2007, 10:23:07 »

:o :o :o Jeez Mike, you don't wanna drink warm beer do you? ;D
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 06 June 2007, 12:41:29 »

I reckon a kitty for food is a good idea. That way we can all turn up, decide what we want to do, how we want to cook it, etc. and there'll be less wastage if we do a single, concerted run for supplies rather than shop individually. There's also less likelihood of ending up with loads of burgers and no baps, etc. I reckon either we do that or we each look after no.1 and buy what we personally want to eat and nothing more.

I've got a folding gas barbie (well, actually more of a grill, not a proper barbie). It will cope with most barbie food but it excels at fried breakfasts. Now, do I bring the 1/2kg compact gas bottle for it or the 15Kg butane cylinder?  :-/

Depends on space in the car I guess.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 06 June 2007, 12:47:13 »

Ive got two small electric glass fronted fridges that I can take if theres going to be mains electric, they should hold enough beer to keep use going for an hour or two ::)
Retired

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 06 June 2007, 13:28:55 »

Ive got two small electric glass fronted fridges that I can take if theres going to be mains electric, they should hold enough beer to keep use going for an hour or two ::)

Ok, put me down for one ;)

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 06 June 2007, 14:02:24 »

How many people are bringing BBQ's as I seem to have lost count somewhere along the line?

I was wondering if I need to bring a largish sized gas BBQ (same one I took to Santa Pod last year), but if there's quite a few people bringing one I won't bother coz it's a bit of a pain not being a proper portable one. However, I don't mind if it's going to come in useful.

Thoughts.....................?
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 06 June 2007, 18:06:45 »

How many people are bringing BBQ's as I seem to have lost count somewhere along the line?

I was wondering if I need to bring a largish sized gas BBQ (same one I took to Santa Pod last year), but if there's quite a few people bringing one I won't bother coz it's a bit of a pain not being a proper portable one. However, I don't mind if it's going to come in useful.

Thoughts.....................?

I don't mind either Bob, probably be a lot better than a hundred portable BBQ'S...RECYCLING ETC, ETC. ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 06 June 2007, 18:07:45 by mickdundee »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 06 June 2007, 20:08:35 »

I was thinking of getting a 3pack of those disposable ones from Tescos....

I have my own food and drink now, possibly a little spare
« Last Edit: 06 June 2007, 20:09:59 by TheBoy »
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.