Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Different attitudes?  (Read 2824 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Different attitudes?
« Reply #15 on: 08 November 2018, 10:35:39 »

Watched a programme today about WW1 and it spoke of a daylight air raid on London in 1917.One bomb went through the roof of a school it passed through the top floor killing a little girl as it went passing through the second floor it killed a little boy and went on to explode on the ground floor killing a further 16.According to the head teachers log book this happened shortly before noon and the school was closed for the rest of the day,however the school was open the very next morning and life continued on.If that were to happen today the school would be shut for days,there'd be masses of flowers at least one candle lit vigil and the rest of the pupils offered counselling.Is this different attitudes or different circumstances?

I saw that, and also quite a few more that the BBC have been showing. Some really good programmes.  Certainly today's snowflake generation wouldn't have coped too well with that. Unfortunately I doubt if any of them are watching these programmes.:y

If a 'safe space' is provided with milk and cookies I believe the trauma of somebody saying something nasty about you on facebook can be overcome.........given time.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 November 2018, 13:01:37 »

There are plenty of respectable, and respectful young people about, they just don't make it on to the news. Personally, I'm not that surprised that they don't show an interest in a war that happened a hundred years ago, it's ancient history to them.

This ^^^^^,Im really fortunate to have two young lads who have been brought up to respect others,sadly a lot of kids nowadays have no guidance :-\
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 November 2018, 13:06:41 »

Some of todays generation are undoubtedly a woosy bunch of morons, but by no means all.
It seems that terrible situations being out the best in British people, which has been demonstrated when we have terrorist attrocites and suchlike, when people seem to pull together and suddenly rediscover a sense of community to help those affected.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.