Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: CID in "full" use  (Read 38726 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: CID in "full" use
« Reply #75 on: 06 August 2014, 14:11:55 »

OK, Philips ccr800 headunit.

chrisgixer

« Reply #76 on: 06 August 2014, 19:24:53 »

Iirc, TB has a single din 2011 head unit in his mini face lift mv6, with nav in the boot via a Bose shelf.

chrisgixer

« Reply #77 on: 06 August 2014, 19:27:11 »

Received an email reply.
They say they can help, but need further instructions as to what I/we need them to do.

I presume machine the board and solder in the major components as a minimum. As some of those ribbon connections look tricky to solder on the very narrow tracks?

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 06 August 2014, 19:39:42 »

Iirc, TB has a single din 2011 head unit in his mini face lift mv6, with nav in the boot via a Bose shelf.
Believe TB has the NCDR 1500 in his MV6 Prefacelift.

2011 generally only found in early Movano's and Corsa C's in other Countries.

« Last Edit: 06 August 2014, 19:45:59 by VXL V6 »

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 06 August 2014, 19:42:46 »

Received an email reply.
They say they can help, but need further instructions as to what I/we need them to do.

I presume machine the board and solder in the major components as a minimum. As some of those ribbon connections look tricky to solder on the very narrow tracks?

Get a price for both options, some of us don't mind doing the assembly but they can probably do it so cheaply that it's really not worth the effort.

chrisgixer

« Reply #80 on: 06 August 2014, 19:46:39 »

Believe TB has the NCDR 1500 in his MV6 Prefacelift.

Yes your right. Sorry. Looks tidy too.

chrisgixer

« Reply #81 on: 06 August 2014, 19:48:18 »

Received an email reply.

Get a price for both options, some of us don't mind doing the assembly but they can probably do it so cheaply that it's really not worth the effort.

Ok so price for;

Board only?
Board and components?
Board and components soldered?

Plus they are probably going to want to test it on something I guess? :-\

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 06 August 2014, 20:21:26 »

Received an email reply.

Ok so price for;

Board only?
Board and components?
Board and components soldered?

Plus they are probably going to want to test it on something I guess? :-\

2 & 3 I'd say, Needs input from a few people really  :)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 06 August 2014, 21:17:18 »

What do these PCB's do?, sorry not been following the Techy bits, theres RGB and CV input on the screens anyway so are we talking about a PCB for switching miltiple inputs maybe?

chrisgixer

« Reply #84 on: 06 August 2014, 21:34:49 »

What do these PCB's do?, sorry not been following the Techy bits, theres RGB and CV input on the screens anyway so are we talking about a PCB for switching miltiple inputs maybe?

Oi, I'm the electronics numpty round here. Your supposed to know what your doing. ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #85 on: 06 August 2014, 21:40:54 »

Can the rgb input be adapted for component video :-\
Could then be used as a front monitor output from a double din h/u enabling nav and telephone displays to be repeated in the drivers field of view :-\

chrisgixer

« Reply #86 on: 06 August 2014, 21:47:32 »

Enables video into the CID. Via an interface box of your choosing, so could show Dbd tv, sat nav on a phone, or whatever your phone is displaying come to that, android, iOS, reversing camera, whatever. Anything with a video out prety much.

But needs an interface box as an add on, which would need the appropriate connections for the device of your choice. Should look into that actually...

And hopefully will cost considerably less that one of those silly fony double din screen on the floor efforts ;)

05omegav6

« Reply #87 on: 06 August 2014, 21:50:07 »

That could get very messy very quickly given Crapples ability to make each generation totally incompatible with the previous and subsequent ones ::)

That said, if you can agree what is required then does sound promising :y

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 06 August 2014, 21:54:51 »

Can the rgb input be adapted fuor component video :-\
Could then be used as a front monitor output from a double din h/u enabling nav and telephone displays to be repeated in the drivers field of view :-\
Thats what Im saying Al, the CID's already have RGB in as well as CV, selected with a pin going high or low on the Sharp Screen, sorry not trying to be negative here, just trying to work out work the PCB's Chris is on about are for?, so again guessing multiple inputs or maybe the CV input needs inverting or something.

chrisgixer

« Reply #89 on: 06 August 2014, 22:06:51 »

Can the rgb input be adapted fuor component video :-\
Thats what Im saying Al, the CID's already have RGB in as well as CV, selected with a pin going high or low on the Sharp Screen, sorry not trying to be negative here, just trying to work out work the PCB's Chris is on about are for?, so again guessing multiple inputs or maybe the CV input needs inverting or something.

All the links are on this thread, at the start. :-\
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.