Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bluetooth reciever  (Read 7204 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Bluetooth reciever
« Reply #30 on: 29 October 2014, 18:34:16 »

How does the HK decide whether to use the audio from iPod connection or audio from 3.5mm?
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

« Reply #31 on: 29 October 2014, 18:35:06 »

How does the HK decide whether to use the audio from iPod connection or audio from 3.5mm?

User selection. Via menus.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 29 October 2014, 18:35:48 »

Ah, that's what I thought. So you have to piss around swapping from gayPod to gayPhone  :'(
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

« Reply #33 on: 29 October 2014, 18:52:13 »

Ah, that's what I thought. So you have to piss around swapping from gayPod to gayPhone  :'(

Of course. How else?

The menu option for aux in is buried deep in the os. But the user would have to select the option required regardless. No?

Bluetooth reciever affects non of this of course. Just does away with plugging in the 3.5 Jack to the phone. Which is much more of a fiddle.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 29 October 2014, 19:05:19 »

Of course. How else?

The menu option for aux in is buried deep in the os. But the user would have to select the option required regardless. No?

Bluetooth reciever affects non of this of course. Just does away with plugging in the 3.5 Jack to the phone. Which is much more of a fiddle.
Yeah, understood, was just hoping it was doing something clever, so (for eg) it could be happily playing gayPod, and only push through the gayPhone audio when it senses audio.
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

« Reply #35 on: 29 October 2014, 19:14:57 »

Of course. How else?

Yeah, understood, was just hoping it was doing something clever, so (for eg) it could be happily playing gayPod, and only push through the gayPhone audio when it senses audio.

Nope. It's a bit thick that way. The fact the aux in option is buried so deep in the Menu was partly why I considered replacing the ipod with the reciever. But the phone is more fiddly selecting tracks. Not good when driving.

So it's better to have phone on dash board connected via bt. And use ipod generally by click wheel as normal. Then select phone by click wheel, if needing tomtom etc.

In other words, if blutooth reciever is on aux in. I can select music from ipod or phone outputs, via Hk click wheel. Only cable involved is charger.

05omegav6

« Reply #36 on: 29 October 2014, 19:25:18 »

Guess that the gayphone doesn't work as a gaypod... ::) so that's two obselete, overdesigned bricks that you need to replace every failed upgrade :D

chrisgixer

« Reply #37 on: 29 October 2014, 19:58:06 »

Guess that the gayphone doesn't work as a gaypod... ::) so that's two obselete, overdesigned bricks that you need to replace every failed upgrade :D

Aye? Not with you.

05omegav6

« Reply #38 on: 29 October 2014, 20:02:36 »

If you could use the gayphone as a gaypod, then when a call comes in it would switch to phone mode, thus feeding the call to the HU... But if the Jobs smelling is anything to go by, that would be too complicated...

chrisgixer

« Reply #39 on: 29 October 2014, 20:08:35 »

If you could use the gayphone as a gaypod, then when a call comes in it would switch to phone mode, thus feeding the call to the HU... But if the Jobs smelling is anything to go by, that would be too complicated...

Oh let me guess, I should fit a Fony hu for a grand, loose check control and bc functions along with the cid, in favour of a screen on the floor and gonks all over the dash so bright they're more blinding than a Q7 on full beam, much like the mess you've attached to that poor 2.2?

Remind me why your posting this? Or have you turned troll as well?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 29 October 2014, 20:17:40 »

The phone makes a perfectly good gayPod...
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

« Reply #41 on: 29 October 2014, 20:19:36 »

How does this help?

The phone would have to be on the cable. Apart from that yes, very good ipod. Far better than fony shite.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 29 October 2014, 20:20:45 »

How does this help?

The phone would have to be on the cable. Apart from that yes, very good ipod. Far better than fony shite.
Sorry, I was replying to Taxi Al.
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

« Reply #43 on: 29 October 2014, 20:22:34 »

I know. I was replying to you both before he posts more unhelpful rubbish.

chrisgixer

« Reply #44 on: 29 October 2014, 20:24:02 »

Have I got to get the malet out again ? ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.