Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 38   Go Down

Author Topic: Cam Belt Meet - NE Hampshire  (Read 57147 times)

sotmh

• Intermediate Member
  • london
    • View Profile
Re: Cam Belt Meet - NE Hampshire
« Reply #60 on: 07 January 2011, 12:01:51 »

Would like to attend :), although a distance but have not got meg as yet although I am hoping to shortly :) :) and probably may require something doing, hopefully nothing too major. :-/

Don't know anyone as yet, but good to put faces to pseudonyms and thank personally for advice given.

I have  no specific dates in mind at present 8-)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 07 January 2011, 19:46:37 »

Would love to attend .... only one job that I know of ... and that would depend on the "site" rules regarding "wet" jobs .... yup .. autobox fluid/filter change... but if it is considered too "messy" I'd understand ....

:)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 07 January 2011, 19:52:15 »

Would love to attend .... only one job that I know of ... and that would depend on the "site" rules regarding "wet" jobs .... yup .. autobox fluid/filter change... but if it is considered too "messy" I'd understand ....

As long as you clear up afterwards there is no problem.  In fact the site is perfect for this job.  In the pit is an oil drain  :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 07 January 2011, 20:15:39 »

As long as you clear up afterwards there is no problem.  In fact the site is perfect for this job.  In the pit is an oil drain  :y

Brilliant .... lets hope I can make it then .. :)

feeutfo

« Reply #64 on: 07 January 2011, 23:41:05 »

Ah, now that you mention it, my ATF needs doing.

zirax

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 08 January 2011, 13:30:19 »

I could be up for this :) Happy to bring tools & bits along.
Dr Richard Stephens:- "I would advise people, if they hurt themselves, to swear."

aaronjb

« Reply #66 on: 08 January 2011, 16:33:46 »

Hm.. based on the horrible smell of burning oil after a run, now, I think I need to do my camcover gaskets & breathers at this!  :o

bubbaphatass

• Basingstoke
  • Dysfunctional Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 09 January 2011, 11:07:54 »

Yippee.......some people with knowledge NEAR me.....count me in please, my 1999 2.5 V6 cdx has done 48k and will need a new cambelt and a good check over PLEASE?

Farnborough Kebab House does good burgers if the BBQ is rained off.

Ps.....what tools and bits would I need? I am as mechanically minded as a bollard....sorry.
« Last Edit: 09 January 2011, 11:10:02 by bubbaphatass »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 09 January 2011, 12:08:35 »

Ps.....what tools and bits would I need? I am as mechanically minded as a bollard....sorry.

You won't need anything other than the parts, but if you have tools, bring them along. The more the merrier. :y

Certainly the special tools, cam locking kits, etc. will be there. General purpose spanners, socket sets, jacks, axle stands, etc. are always handy if you have them but if you don't have any don't worry. :y

So, you'll need a V6 cam belt kit (complete kit including tensioners). What else depends on the car. If history is unknown I would say replace the coolant and possibly have a spare water pump to hand. How is the service history? Possibly add oil and filter, spark plugs, air filter, fuel filter, aux. belt and some carb cleaner to clean out the breathers.

If you don't have a trade club card (or autobahnstormers membership) I guess we could probably organise a run to the dealers with one for some cut-price parts. :y

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

zirax

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 09 January 2011, 12:53:26 »

If we have access to a pit I would like to get the aircon pump changed as mine has goosed :( Hell of a lot easier to do that on ramps / pit with the access.
Dr Richard Stephens:- "I would advise people, if they hurt themselves, to swear."

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 09 January 2011, 13:56:46 »

If we have access to a pit I would like to get the aircon pump changed as mine has goosed :( Hell of a lot easier to do that on ramps / pit with the access.

No problem, can you just make sure that you get it degassed first so that we dont have dangerous gasses in the pit :y

aaronjb

« Reply #71 on: 09 January 2011, 14:53:13 »

No problem, can you just make sure that you get it degassed first so that we dont have dangerous gasses in the pit :y

Ah yes, I remember having to evacuate a friends garage after Stu managed to drill through his aircon condenser.. (We always used a bit of wood as a spacer after that, can't imagine why!)

The funniest bit (not to him at the time, obviously!) was after he drilled the first hole (for mounting a chargecooler rad) he said "Do you think I hit the condenser?", "No," says I, "If you hit that you'd know it because it'll be going pssshhhhhhhhh".. ten seconds later, "Just like that!"

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 09 January 2011, 15:15:44 »

Farnborough Kebab House does good burgers if the BBQ is rained off.

Belly Busters is closer  :y

zirax

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 09 January 2011, 16:54:22 »

Ah yes, I remember having to evacuate a friends garage after Stu managed to drill through his aircon condenser.. (We always used a bit of wood as a spacer after that, can't imagine why!)

The funniest bit (not to him at the time, obviously!) was after he drilled the first hole (for mounting a chargecooler rad) he said "Do you think I hit the condenser?", "No," says I, "If you hit that you'd know it because it'll be going pssshhhhhhhhh".. ten seconds later, "Just like that!"

Thanks, all the gas has long vented. It turns out the pump and pipe is knackered. I had a chap have a look with a UV light and you can see where it all escaped.

Bourne

• Essex
  • Stupid tiny glovebox !
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 10 January 2011, 20:29:54 »

Count me in(if there's still space available).I can bring a cam locking kit  plus lots of tools &bags of rags if it helps.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 38   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.