Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ronnie project 9 - Bargain of the year????  (Read 5177 times)

RonaldMcBurger

Ronnie project 9 - Bargain of the year????
« on: 06 August 2006, 20:28:52 »

Well, I have finally been to pick up project 9 with Laidback. Firstly I would like to say a huge thanks to Dave for his enormous help today in driving to WALES to collect this project. Friends like that are very few and far bewteen, hence why he knows he only has to ask and I'll be glad to help anytime.

Anyway, this new project is:

1999 S-reg Omega 2.5v6 CDX Auto Estate in Silver. Magnificent condition cosmetically, bar one minor rust scratch on the drivers door and another very, very small rust spot on the NSR arch. There is a dent in the tailgate, so the whole tailgate will be replaced ASAP. Otherwise the bodywork is about the best I have seen.

Engine is superb and so is the gearbox. It has 156k on the clock and only 2 previous owners. A lease company for the first 3 years, then the guy I bought it from.

Inside is in outstanding condition and I was pleased to discover it has the 700 series radio/phone combi with Blaupunkt 6 disc changer. Also has GID display, adjustable steering, projectors etc. MoT till April and taxed till Feb. Drives really well, although I have only done a quick trip to Derby now (40 mile round trip). Dave drove it back from Wales and gave it a basic thumbs up.

Jobs defeinitely to do/investigate:
1. Tailgate replace.
2. Rocker gaskets weeping slightly
3. Breathers
4. Cambelt, tensioners and water pump - all done but I'll redo them Ronnies way.
5. Front wishbones/droplinks (knocking)
6. Rear axle slight whine, although could be tyres (all of which are new)
7. Handbrake rubbish
8. Aircon regass

Estimated repair time: 2 days
Estimated costs:
Wishbones £45 pair
Drop links £15 pair
Cambelt/tensioner £70
Water Pump £23
Rocker gaskets £35
Handbrake cable £14
Tailgate £30

Total repair bill: £232

Cost of purchase: £400. Yes, I said £400!!!!!!!! Here is the Ebay link, Great description and photo!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270013447872&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=017

Here are some pics I have just taken now:

CLICK TO ENLARGE

« Last Edit: 06 August 2006, 20:33:54 by RonaldMcBurger »

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: Ronnie project 9 - Bargain of the year????
« Reply #1 on: 06 August 2006, 20:33:09 »

2.5 S-reg silver Estate for £400???? Nice.....
Alas, no more Omegas....

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 August 2006, 20:35:59 »

Glad you've got another project RB, looks nice and a good price, life can get boring without your feedback on you're progress.

It must be the way you tell it ;)
I like red cars

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 August 2006, 21:07:08 »

Humm wonder were that car was from looking at the tailgate photo... ::)

Looks good Ronnie.... when you said 'Bargin of the year' i was thinking you would have put my project car to shame.

But... it looks like i paid just about the right price for mine (apart from the rust)  :D

How much do you expect to sell it for?

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #4 on: 06 August 2006, 21:17:46 »

Its not for sale. I'll be keeping this for me thanks. Far too good to waste on the general public. ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 August 2006, 21:28:31 »

Its not for sale. I'll be keeping this for me thanks. Far too good to waste on the general public. ;D

Ha!!

Thought you were only into the tractor units?

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #6 on: 06 August 2006, 21:35:36 »

aye right McB - Your a buisness man!!!!

Sure your up to this ?  after all arent you the guy that drives a Pug 206?  :P Theres some really good folk on here that will help you if you get stuck with the cam belt etc  :)

Good Find Mate - surprised you managed to read through War and Peace that the seller wrote on that listing!!
« Last Edit: 06 August 2006, 21:36:20 by Markiec »
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #7 on: 06 August 2006, 21:48:00 »

Cheeky Burgers!!!!!!

My favourite type of listing. Short, blank and vacant with the worlds most un-falttering photo via numpty camera phone. It was worth it just for the parts, but this is way better than that. The bodywork is genuinely stunning apart from the tailgate. 4 Brand new tyres, good alloys, 700 series hi-fi/phone, load over, load net, dog guard........ It just gets better. Even every light bulb works including all the climate control ones.

Needless to say, at that price I expected a heap, but I am slightly chuffed with what seems to be a mega bargain.

Bottom line is I will end up with a damned nice 1999 Barge for about £650. The diesel can go now and I can get back to real Omega fun.

« Last Edit: 06 August 2006, 21:48:28 by RonaldMcBurger »

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #8 on: 06 August 2006, 21:53:02 »

mega bargain ---- mega omega bargain  8-)

chuffed your chuffed mate - On of my favourite colours too.

Keeping the Welsh stickers ? for the new boot ?

;)
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
  • .:The OmegaProject:.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06 August 2006, 23:48:32 »

Cheeky Burgers!!!!!!

My favourite type of listing. Short, blank and vacant with the worlds most un-falttering photo via numpty camera phone. It was worth it just for the parts, but this is way better than that. The bodywork is genuinely stunning apart from the tailgate. 4 Brand new tyres, good alloys, 700 series hi-fi/phone, load over, load net, dog guard........ It just gets better. Even every light bulb works including all the climate control ones.

Needless to say, at that price I expected a heap, but I am slightly chuffed with what seems to be a mega bargain.

Bottom line is I will end up with a damned nice 1999 Barge for about £650. The diesel can go now and I can get back to real Omega fun.

Well done. Sleek bit of business there.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
OmegaProject.co.uk .:.  Fuelled with passion...
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #10 on: 07 August 2006, 10:56:13 »

Make that plus one complete exhaust system. I thought it was blowing. A quick look this morning confirms that it is basically rust from front to back. Luckily, I know a man who has one.

Wishbones ordered and drop links just picked up. I'll sort this one later in the week, but it seems a great bargain.

Robin Hood

• Intermediate Member
  • Nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07 August 2006, 11:07:56 »

Wouldn't be a German/Polish guy on Ebay would it? - but then he does have some good feedback. ;)

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07 August 2006, 11:16:34 »

Nice one R McB, you luck s*d [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Only trouble is, if you only paid £400 what does that make my 1999 CD Miggie worth :'(
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07 August 2006, 12:29:03 »

Smart new addition there RB, bit surprised though as the last thread I read you started, said you were retiring from the repairs game still all the same hope it all goes well for you  :)

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #14 on: 07 August 2006, 13:37:18 »

I have retired from it. This one is for me me me. As it happens, on closer inspection the exhasut is ok. Just centre joint need cleaning and re-sealing again.

I bought this one because it is a great car to keep. Wishbones are definitely sh sh sh worn out. They should be here tomorrow, the drop links I have. Cambelt, water pump etc sorting tonight with rocker gaskets. Car will be done by the weekend.

So, my 2.5TD CDX Auto Estate is now officially available. Exhaust on that needs replacing (mid and back sections). I did buy one, but as many will know the numpty sent me a saloon one.

Also available, one TD Saloon exhaust!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.