Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Second Referendum  (Read 17962 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Second Referendum
« Reply #120 on: 14 March 2019, 23:52:57 »

We can only hope ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 15 March 2019, 00:18:57 »

I'm beyond caring.  The damage has been done (and anyone disagreeing needs to pull their head from their browneye), and we need to limit the damage by doing something - anything - on the 29th. Hard, Soft, No - I care not.

Yep, only a politician, who has never lived in the real world, can kid themselves that kicking the can further down the road and prolonging the uncertainty isn't the worst possible option. >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 15 March 2019, 00:22:35 »

Well if the European Council do grant an extension, but insist on a long extension, here's an interesting article by Martin Howe giving the viewpoint that it might not be a disaster, but an advantage for the UK.

He basically compares the pros and cons of the so called Transition/Implementation Period under the WA, against the same length of A50 extension and points out that in a long A50 extension we keep our Commissar, MEP's, Judge on the ECJ and the PM still sits on the European Council which wouldn't be the case in the WA Transition Period.  ;)

He assumes that at the end of the long A50 period we'd have a clean exit, which I don't think would necessarily be the case, but definitely worth a read though!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 15 March 2019, 00:24:50 »

So, what he's saying is that it's not as shit as May's deal?

Wow. That's such a high bar against which to judge it, too. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 15 March 2019, 00:56:21 »

You've summed it up nicely Kevin and now Uncle STEMO need not bother to read it with his morning coffee!  ;D

I think it's probably aimed at Tory/ERG MP's who are wavering on May's deal.  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #125 on: 15 March 2019, 06:23:21 »

You've summed it up nicely Kevin and now Uncle STEMO need not bother to read it with his morning coffee!  ;D

I think it's probably aimed at Tory/ERG MP's who are wavering on May's deal.  ;)
Still read it, just for the hell of it.

aaronjb

« Reply #126 on: 15 March 2019, 08:54:13 »

Now hang on a cotton pickin minute. What am I supposed to do all day if I can't insult other members?  ;D

Read up four posts to yours.. Get a job, layabout  :P :P ;D

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 15 March 2019, 08:56:35 »

I'll be honest.  I gives me no pleasure to say "I predicted this when I tried to convince people to vote remain"

I'm tired and scared for the future.

ffs grow a pair of balls.
Snowflake !

I'll be honest.  I gives me no pleasure to say "I predicted this when I tried to convince people to vote remain"

Snowflake !
You're too gentle... Needs a kick up the arse to really drive it home ::)

As said on the last thread, personal insults of other members will not be tolerated  >:(

I fully understand its a very emotive subject, and people have very entrenched, polarised views.  But further personal insults will end up in bans.

I personally welcome debate, but we do not have to lower ourselves to the levels of our politicians. We (hopefully) are intelligent and civil enough to keep the debate non personal, and not resort to insults towards those who disagree with our own personal viewpoint.

You have all been warned.  And because I'm sick and tired of it, I won't opps around pruning/moderating stuff. Entire threads will go, and people will be kicked off.

You are of course correct .
In these modern times of heightend sensitivity where upset and umbrage are all too easily suffered by all and sundry I should have been much less brutally frank with the lad and I am angry with myself at my lack of tact .
He , by his own admission and word , is debilitated and  scared  for his future at the daunting thought of Great Britain having to make its own way in the world, I assure you that I do respect that there are many people like that in the UK.
So to that end ,in the future on any OOF forum I pledge to be more cautious in my retorts to minimise any  upset to any single person, persons or group , in this particular case ,a remainer .
I really should have known better than to suggest what I did .

I have to say the threat of being expelled from an assemblage does make one contemplate but is Uh , strangly invigorating .
I therefore bow to your impartial and subjective authority.

STEMO

« Reply #128 on: 15 March 2019, 11:15:15 »

Now hang on a cotton pickin minute. What am I supposed to do all day if I can't insult other members?  ;D

Read up four posts to yours.. Get a job, layabout  :P :P ;D
I've done my bit, EVWhipper snapper.

STEMO

« Reply #129 on: 15 March 2019, 11:16:36 »

Snowflake !

Snowflake !

As said on the last thread, personal insults of other members will not be tolerated  >:(

I fully understand its a very emotive subject, and people have very entrenched, polarised views.  But further personal insults will end up in bans.

I personally welcome debate, but we do not have to lower ourselves to the levels of our politicians. We (hopefully) are intelligent and civil enough to keep the debate non personal, and not resort to insults towards those who disagree with our own personal viewpoint.

You have all been warned.  And because I'm sick and tired of it, I won't opps around pruning/moderating stuff. Entire threads will go, and people will be kicked off.

In these modern times of heightend sensitivity where upset and umbrage are all too easily suffered by all and sundry I should have been much less brutally frank with the lad and I am angry with myself at my lack of tact .
He , by his own admission and word , is debilitated and  scared  for his future at the daunting thought of Great Britain having to make its own way in the world, I assure you that I do respect that there are many people like that in the UK.
So to that end ,in the future on any OOF forum I pledge to be more cautious in my retorts to minimise any  upset to any single person, persons or group , in this particular case ,a remainer .

I have to say the threat of being expelled from an assemblage does make one contemplate but is Uh , strangly invigorating .
What!? Man up, snowflake.  ;D

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 15 March 2019, 11:37:32 »

Snowflake !

Snowflake !

What!? Man up, snowflake.  ;D

Oooerrr......In my new found emotional state I now am deeply offended by that or any other derogatory, compartmentalising or softie inplying slur. :'(
You Sir are a ne're do well.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 15 March 2019, 11:41:03 »

Here do...

First call out is free :D

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 15 March 2019, 11:50:43 »

Here do...

First call out is free :D

I have no option but to graciously inform you that I have instructed my representatives to make contact with you re a hurtful posting directed at myself.
Kind regards .
https://downessolicitors.com/lp1/?gclid=CjwKCAjwmq3kBRB_EiwAJkNDp5xEMWROzu_D49Qm3Vx9J1gYKeXh_ySH-tbx9u06MP1kp4o7JFuE5BoCHxEQAvD_BwE

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 15 March 2019, 12:03:38 »

I was directing it to individuals...

The service is openly available to everyone regardless of sectarian measures, including, but not limited to: race, colour, politics, orientation (opinion, gender and sexuality), credit score or post code...  ;)

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 15 March 2019, 12:12:55 »

I was directing it to individuals...

The service is openly available to everyone regardless of sectarian measures, including, but not limited to: race, colour, politics, orientation (opinion, gender and sexuality), credit score or post code...  ;)

Thank you.
I'm Scottish , you didn't specifically state that we of that ilk could utilise that particular service so by defacto you have marginilised myself and my countrymen ( and women and lgbt groupage ) .
I have informed Messrs Downes.
Kinder regards .
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.