Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Diplomacy  (Read 8814 times)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy
« Reply #15 on: 08 July 2019, 13:26:10 »

Can he be PM and Ambassador simultaneously  :-\
                I would like that ;D
Laying a rubber road.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 July 2019, 13:36:58 »

Whatever the rights and wrongs of it are, the ambassador will have to be replaced. The person who leaked it should spend time behind bars, but I doubt they will. No such thing as personal responsibility these days.

Why should the ambassador be replaced ???  Evaluating the foreign government and its personnel is a large part of his job! As is reporting back, as there's no point in doing that work otherwise.

The leaker is a different matter, but leaking is a politicians tool.

Simple. The leak has made his position untenable. He cant have a any kind of relationship with the Trump administration now.
May has announced this morning that she has full faith in him. That means he will be out by the end of the month.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 July 2019, 13:42:25 »

Good riddance to him he was a waste of space anyway
Laying a rubber road.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08 July 2019, 13:44:44 »

A big fan of Hilary apparently.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08 July 2019, 13:46:41 »

A staunch communist then :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08 July 2019, 13:55:26 »

A staunch communist then :D

Yeah, I reckon the Russians are behind all this; blame them! :D :D ;)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08 July 2019, 15:24:35 »

I expect it was a bitter and twisted remainer civil servant hell bent on damaging the US/UK relationship prior to BREXIT.  ::)

Don't worry sir Tig, I'm sure they'll still be gracious enough to foist chlorinated chicken, hormonal beef and US priced drugs onto the NHS, regardless of the civil service tittle tattle.

Where can I buy this chlorine wash stuff that everyone is on about?  ???

I bought a bag of frozen chicken breasts a while ago and it turns out it's from Thailand, and god knows what's on or in them because everytime I eat one, I fart like the devil!  :o 

So I reckon washing them in chlorine might improve things.  ;)  ;D

You cannot yet. It is interesting if you look at the use by dates on fresh chicken portions. In Spain it is only a few days time. In the UK the dates are always longer. Not sure how that is achieved. Chlorine washing removes the going off  chickeny smell . It will still be useable fresh months after preparation, maybe years.

PS hope you have learnt your lesson re Thailand chicken. What were you thinking?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08 July 2019, 16:10:45 »

I expect it was a bitter and twisted remainer civil servant hell bent on damaging the US/UK relationship prior to BREXIT.  ::)

Don't worry sir Tig, I'm sure they'll still be gracious enough to foist chlorinated chicken, hormonal beef and US priced drugs onto the NHS, regardless of the civil service tittle tattle.

Where can I buy this chlorine wash stuff that everyone is on about?  ???

I bought a bag of frozen chicken breasts a while ago and it turns out it's from Thailand, and god knows what's on or in them because everytime I eat one, I fart like the devil!  :o 

So I reckon washing them in chlorine might improve things.  ;)  ;D

You cannot yet. It is interesting if you look at the use by dates on fresh chicken portions. In Spain it is only a few days time. In the UK the dates are always longer. Not sure how that is achieved. Chlorine washing removes the going off  chickeny smell . It will still be useable fresh months after preparation, maybe years.

PS hope you have learnt your lesson re Thailand chicken. What were you thinking?

Recently a BBC Watchdog episode highlighted how chicken that was meant to be all from the same batch, with the same "use by dates", were actually different and showing signs of deterioration of varying levels.  This also varied across a range of retail outlets. :o :o

I do not generally eat chicken!! ::) ::) :D ;)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08 July 2019, 17:43:58 »

Back on topic.

Hasn't Brexit shown everyone just how rotten politics is.

We dont actually know what has happened but we can be certain someone has an agenda that has maybe been paid for. I am now wondering if someone wants Farage sidelined in the job of US ambassador so that he isn't so effective come the next election. Now who would benefit from  a  weakened Brexit party as Boris led Tories wobble in the Autumn?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 08 July 2019, 18:01:13 »

Back on topic.

Hasn't Brexit shown everyone just how rotten politics is.

We dont actually know what has happened but we can be certain someone has an agenda that has maybe been paid for. I am now wondering if someone wants Farage sidelined in the job of US ambassador so that he isn't so effective come the next election. Now who would benefit from  a  weakened Brexit party as Boris led Tories wobble in the Autumn?

But that would not stop him for running for the top job, and in fact it could increase his political strength in many quarters. His influence would increase? :-\ :-\

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 08 July 2019, 18:05:27 »

But that would not stop him for running for the top job, and in fact it could increase his political strength in many quarters. His influence would increase? :-\ :-\

??????

The only way Farage could become PM is if he is leader of a political party that has a majority(or is the first to form a coalition) in the House of Commons. The Brexit party would need to go from none to about 250 MPs, pinching those from both Labour and the Conservatives, to manage that.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08 July 2019, 18:16:17 »

Sidelined.   As in not there to run the Brexit party.

Unless you can be an ambassador and leader of Brexit party and an MP and an MEP and an astronaut.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08 July 2019, 18:20:06 »

The only way Farage could become PM is if he is leader of a political party that has a majority(or is the first to form a coalition) in the House of Commons. The Brexit party would need to go from none to about 250 MPs, pinching those from both Labour and the Conservatives, to manage that.

These are extraordinary times and I think this could happen.  If not they certainly could become the 'Kingmakers'.  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 08 July 2019, 18:20:59 »

Sidelined.   As in not there to run the Brexit party.

Unless you can be an ambassador and leader of Brexit party and an MP and an MEP and an astronaut.
.       Chance would be a fine thing :D
Laying a rubber road.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08 July 2019, 18:33:32 »

These are extraordinary times and I think this could happen.  If not they certainly could become the 'Kingmakers'.  ;)

Exactly, nothing can be ruled out with our politics in the turmoil they are now in.  Normal rules of engagement just do not seem to exist! :o :o
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.