Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good News if your on the 3 Mobile Network  (Read 1970 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Good News if your on the 3 Mobile Network
« on: 05 October 2018, 12:40:24 »

Nope, there not improving their Coverage......       But they are dropping the 30GB per Month Tethering Limit, meaning if yove got one of those 100GB PM or Unlimited Datas Plans your soon be able to Tether (Phone, Hot Spot, MiFi Router etc) till your hearts content.

Will be rolling out to all Customers over time, so some sort of Marketing Exercise to get more Numbers on board or a Network Performance Suicide Mission.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Good News if your on the 3 Mobile Network
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2018, 13:08:45 »

Sweet 8) wonder if they will increase the 12gb roaming limit ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 October 2018, 13:48:38 »

The network is virtually unusable in the UK as soon as you get rural.  But I currently have one of their PAYG £10 bundle SIMs in my phone whilst in the good ole US of A, because buggered if I'm paying EE £1.40 a minute to make and receive a call.

(Only got 1Gb on it, but as both Villas we are using have Wifi, that will be more than enough)

Mind you, coverage is pants here as well, but thats just America, no matter what network.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 October 2018, 15:05:50 »

I get better coverage everywhere I go than I ever did with Eek...

US coverage may well be patchy, but it is a smidge bigger than MK ::)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 October 2018, 00:11:56 »

Another topic where TB seems incredibly unlucky.

Been with Three for years and rarely have an issue, and I reckon I probably travel more than he does now :-X ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 October 2018, 03:46:31 »

Three does work reasonably well where I live, and into town as well (except in the older buildings, where all the high frequency networks struggle)

However, get out of town, and there are blackspots everywhere. Even Vodafone is better, and that is very poor around my way (unusually).  For this reason, I don't normally use Three.  But when I go away, I always check coverage, and frequently buy a PAYG Three (or Vodashite, or GG) if it looks like my normal EE might be patchy.

But for day to day in the EU, the Evil Everywhere SIM seems to be the best option.  And at £7.50 a month for 250m, unlimited text and 4.6Gb data, its miles cheaper than anything else. With the added bonus is on what is repeatedly stated as being the UK's best mobile network.
Grumpy old man

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 October 2018, 11:14:11 »

I'm with EE, never had problem s any we're in Europe,  MK is patcy tho,
Hoof'land storeman.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 October 2018, 13:37:39 »

I found it no better or worse than any other network (work Vodafone or my evil everywhere phone) and cheaper than most! Currently in/around Boston and it's bouncing from AT&T to T-Mobile.

I get enough speed for the three of us that are here to browse/watch visa etc so I'm happy. Similarly in the UK, no complaints. I use mine mainly as a substitute DAB for my commute and typically don't get any drop-outs on my 99min commute  :y

Their customer service is bobbins but I'm guessing none of the major networks are any better in that regard.  ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 October 2018, 14:01:30 »

Unlike Eeek, I have, touch wood, yet to deal with CS, so so far, so good :D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06 October 2018, 14:19:50 »

I found it no better or worse than any other network (work Vodafone or my evil everywhere phone) and cheaper than most! Currently in/around Boston and it's bouncing from AT&T to T-Mobile.

I get enough speed for the three of us that are here to browse/watch visa etc so I'm happy. Similarly in the UK, no complaints. I use mine mainly as a substitute DAB for my commute and typically don't get any drop-outs on my 99min commute  :y

Their customer service is bobbins but I'm guessing none of the major networks are any better in that regard.  ::)
Yes, bouncing between T-Mobile and AT&T here, but often no service (which I believe is common in the US when a bit out of the cities, and not on the main highways).  Still, happy with the service they are providing for the money, far cheaper than other UK mobile networks over here.

But in the UK, I get similar coverage, vast areas of either no service, or a signal so weak its unusable.  Hence, its by some margin, the worse of the 4 UK networks...   ...as every annual report consistently shows ;).

But you pick a network that works for you, in your area :)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 October 2018, 14:29:14 »

Three's CS are utterly, utterly hopeless. That bad, it makes O2 seem almost helpful.  Last time I had a Three SIM, they blocked it, and I was repeatedly asked to go to a Three Store (I was in the UK at the time), who told me they couldn't help, but could sell me a new SIM on a new number (which I'd have to top up again), and if I wanted to retain my existing number/credit, I'd need to talk to Helpdesk.  They wouldn't even let me call their Helpdesk from the stores so they could sort it out amongst themselves.

All networks are pretty hopeless though, when it comes to CS. I've had occasions where both O2 and Voda have been unable to resolve problems.  I've also had an occasion where EE were unable to undo a change I'd made to my bundle, but they were able to do something different which I was happy with.
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 October 2018, 15:27:21 »

All networks are pretty hopeless though, when it comes to CS. I've had occasions where both O2 and Voda have been unable to resolve problems.  I've also had an occasion where EE were unable to undo a change I'd made to my bundle, but they were able to do something different which I was happy with.
Ive been with Voda as my Main Number for a loooong time now, and TBH I cannot fault CS, although I only have 2 Sims with them I was from an very early defaulted as a Business Customer, not sure if that makes a difference, but theve been really good to me over the years, theve even written off a £850 Data Bill which was my fault, although I have to moan at each Contract End theve always offering me good deals a Sim Only to stay with them.

One of my Sons works for EE and he does get good deals to include Family but even He always comments on He cannot beat or get anywhere near the deals I seem to get off Voda.

My Sim deals this year are Unlimited, Unlimited and 20GB Data which also includes 12 months NowTV or Prime Video Subscribtion for a costly £7.70 plus Vat per month per Sim which relates to around a 75% Discount off RRP  :) :y
« Last Edit: 06 October 2018, 15:31:45 by zirk »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 October 2018, 15:38:11 »

One of my Sons works for EE and he does get good deals to include Family but even He always comments on He cannot beat or get anywhere near the deals I seem to get off Voda.
I have a nephew who used to work for Evil Everywhere, and even with the discounts he could get, he couldn't match what I already had with EE ;D

He's here on holibobs with me, and I've just found out his discounted contract is £60 (from over £100) a month :o :o :o.  Fudge me backwards :o.  But he likes a new phone every 5 minutes.

Plus he gets free global roaming.  But I couldn't justify those costs.
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06 October 2018, 15:46:49 »

I have a nephew who used to work for Evil Everywhere, and even with the discounts he could get, he couldn't match what I already had with EE ;D

He's here on holibobs with me, and I've just found out his discounted contract is £60 (from over £100) a month :o :o :o.  Fudge me backwards :o.  But he likes a new phone every 5 minutes.

Plus he gets free global roaming.  But I couldn't justify those costs.
Yea 40% Staff discount is about the norm for EE even if youve just joined them, they can get some good deals of Phones if the timming is right as well, my Son seems to change his phone every few months, funnly enough Ive got a EE data Sim 32Gb from memory on a rolling 30 days contract which I use for MiFi on my Travels away from home mainly because Im a lazy sod and cant be arsed to Tether from my mobile plus I use the MiFi as a Router for other stuff, think its about 14 quid pm, and again like you said, my Son cant get anywhere near that cost for himself on Data
« Last Edit: 06 October 2018, 15:48:25 by zirk »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.