Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: P1555 error - Tried everything  (Read 8724 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: P1555 error - Tried everything
« Reply #15 on: 08 June 2015, 21:10:23 »

Oh and used to P1555ing in the wind for weeks now  ;) ;D
Now that did make me chuckle :y

I've been through the TIS procedure for this code, and its wishy washy, and points to a few things, including ECU. Typical dealer type repair then ;D
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 June 2015, 21:37:26 »

.... if Mr Beanz is finished with his Autel and kindly lets me borrow it again.

No problem  :y

The Shitroen showed no faults!  ??? ???

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 June 2015, 21:46:31 »

how? The 2.2 is fly by wire
Still uses the pedal to accelerate (hence 2nd TPS at top of pedal), doesn`t go faster by magic Andy :P :)
I'd have thought that the magical engine ECU would accelerate without the pedal .....  :-\
As long as it gets a signal from TPS which is attached to the pedal via a double-ended balljoint linkage. The TPS when receiving said signal actuates the throttle pedal

So first suggestion is the throttle pedal - I did suspect this but made the wrong assumption about cruise - thanks Rob/Andy

Without live data, we're pissing in the wind. And the random part swapping may cloud it futher.

But I'd be looking for air leaks, or comparing MAF values with known good

Not exactly "random" TB, just a progression of the most suggested solutions, gleamed from here, to the more obscure as not getting any resolution.

Been all over it, like a car bonnet, looking for leaks, originally when I had the EGR gasket leak and again with this. Not found any. Wouldn't a leak be causing some other "symptoms"? If you can suggest a leak source that can cause just a P1555 error and nothing else then I would gladly test it, got used to the different flavours you get when sucking and blowing an Omega. Cue STMO  ::)

Difficult to use a known good MAF, no one seems to have a spare. I have purchased a GM one to at least have some confidence in it's operation and it made no difference. So either they both have the same fault or the fault is somewhere else.

Is there somewhere on here a set of known good live data that i could compare with, if Mr Beanz is finished with his Autel and kindly lets me borrow it again.

Yes  :y  Hot engine..30 secs on tickover

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70807181/Livedata_2002%20%282%29_Omega-B_Engine__Z%2022%20XE_201411171302.csv
« Last Edit: 08 June 2015, 21:48:28 by BIGtime »

SIR Philbutt

• Omega Knight
  • Rochdale - Manchester
  • It will soon be Christmas ...
    • 03 2.2 CDX LPG estate
    • View Profile
    • PJB Home Services
« Reply #18 on: 08 June 2015, 22:22:01 »

Still uses the pedal to accelerate (hence 2nd TPS at top of pedal), doesn`t go faster by magic Andy :P :)
I'd have thought that the magical engine ECU would accelerate without the pedal .....  :-\
As long as it gets a signal from TPS which is attached to the pedal via a double-ended balljoint linkage. The TPS when receiving said signal actuates the throttle pedal

So first suggestion is the throttle pedal - I did suspect this but made the wrong assumption about cruise - thanks Rob/Andy

Without live data, we're pissing in the wind. And the random part swapping may cloud it futher.

Not exactly "random" TB, just a progression of the most suggested solutions, gleamed from here, to the more obscure as not getting any resolution.

Been all over it, like a car bonnet, looking for leaks, originally when I had the EGR gasket leak and again with this. Not found any. Wouldn't a leak be causing some other "symptoms"? If you can suggest a leak source that can cause just a P1555 error and nothing else then I would gladly test it, got used to the different flavours you get when sucking and blowing an Omega. Cue STMO  ::)

Difficult to use a known good MAF, no one seems to have a spare. I have purchased a GM one to at least have some confidence in it's operation and it made no difference. So either they both have the same fault or the fault is somewhere else.

Is there somewhere on here a set of known good live data that i could compare with, if Mr Beanz is finished with his Autel and kindly lets me borrow it again.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70807181/Livedata_2002%20%282%29_Omega-B_Engine__Z%2022%20XE_201411171302.csv
WOW thanks for that Bigtime  :y. What did you use to gather all that, if your allowed to say  :-X
keep happy, keep safe, keep smiling, keep in touch

SIR Philbutt

• Omega Knight
  • Rochdale - Manchester
    • 03 2.2 CDX LPG estate
    • View Profile
    • PJB Home Services
« Reply #19 on: 08 June 2015, 22:32:50 »

Now that did make me chuckle :y

I've been through the TIS procedure for this code, and its wishy washy, and points to a few things, including ECU. Typical dealer type repair then ;D

Every time I typed it, it looked just like pisss so you gave me the opportunity  ;D

On some of the other forums I found while searching the error I read a lot of 'dealer said it was the ECU Throttle Body etc' followed by 'it cost me £xxx and still not resolved. Then I cleaned the breathers and it was fixed '. Not so in my case, typical  ::)

SIR Philbutt

• Omega Knight
  • Rochdale - Manchester
    • 03 2.2 CDX LPG estate
    • View Profile
    • PJB Home Services
« Reply #20 on: 08 June 2015, 22:34:25 »

.... if Mr Beanz is finished with his Autel and kindly lets me borrow it again.

No problem  :y

The Shitroen showed no faults!  ??? ???

:y :y :y :y :y  8)

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08 June 2015, 23:02:28 »

WOW thanks for that Bigtime  :y. What did you use to gather all that, if your allowed to say  :-X
One of them A1 code Killer/readers & live data Only Things   :-X :-X

SIR Philbutt

• Omega Knight
  • Rochdale - Manchester
    • 03 2.2 CDX LPG estate
    • View Profile
    • PJB Home Services
« Reply #22 on: 09 June 2015, 21:54:54 »

Further to this I have read about "Throttle Adaptation" after working on or replacing throttle body or disconnecting the battery

Admittedly seems to be mostly with VAG and done with software, but also referenced to newer Corsa's and Vectra's and some kind of pedal trick

Is there such a thing on the Omega?

TIA Phil

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10 June 2015, 18:57:44 »

Further to this I have read about "Throttle Adaptation" after working on or replacing throttle body or disconnecting the battery

Admittedly seems to be mostly with VAG and done with software, but also referenced to newer Corsa's and Vectra's and some kind of pedal trick

TIA Phil
Nope
Grumpy old man

SIR Philbutt

• Omega Knight
  • Rochdale - Manchester
    • 03 2.2 CDX LPG estate
    • View Profile
    • PJB Home Services
« Reply #24 on: 10 June 2015, 19:55:47 »

TIA Phil
Nope

S.A.S Ta  :)

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10 June 2015, 20:05:38 »

TIA Phil
Nope
Yep, according to TIS if pedal position sensor is/has been unplugged removed
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

SIR Philbutt

• Omega Knight
  • Rochdale - Manchester
    • 03 2.2 CDX LPG estate
    • View Profile
    • PJB Home Services
« Reply #26 on: 10 June 2015, 23:07:58 »

TIA Phil
Nope
Yep, according to TIS if pedal position sensor is/has been unplugged removed

What about if battery disconnected or throttle body is replaced ?
And how ?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11 June 2015, 23:30:33 »

So you've sorted it then .......  :y http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=130958.msg1677417#new

The simplest/cheapest fixes are the best  :y :y

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 June 2015, 00:21:31 »

So you've sorted it then .......  :y http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=130958.msg1677417#new

Dont think so Yet Andy  :-\

SIR Philbutt

• Omega Knight
  • Rochdale - Manchester
    • 03 2.2 CDX LPG estate
    • View Profile
    • PJB Home Services
« Reply #29 on: 12 June 2015, 01:08:46 »

Big time is right - No - waiting for a TPS from Joff now

That post was about last years difficult to find little prob  ::) http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=126804.msg1617741#msg1617741

Decided to just get a TPS and put it in.
Logically I have looked at everything else and this actually fits into why there are no other symptoms apart from the error code

Wish me luck - you can hold onto our Autel for now  ;) ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.