Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Help wanted Urgent  (Read 4362 times)

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
Re: Help wanted Urgent
« Reply #15 on: 28 June 2015, 17:43:20 »

I agree, and it wasn't what I expected, I know it needs to be a tight fit but I just can't see these going in.

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 June 2015, 07:52:06 »

Have you been given the correct bushes? :-\
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 June 2015, 11:54:53 »

Can you get a digital caliper reading, to confirm exact dimensions. Have to say mine stuffed in badly by hand, with no clear way they'd fit, only to find with the proper press they went in fine.

Not saying you're wrong at all, simply if you could get a digital caliper reading of the diameter of bush and hole, that would at least confirm to yourself and us that there's a definite size difference.

note: don't own a digital caliper myself, I went into an engineering shop a few months back and asked to borrow a brand new one to test 'how it felt to use', and what do you know, I just happened to have a bolt in my pocket (which I coincidentally needed measuring to a micron ;)). Bit cheeky, but ways and means, and they didn't mind  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29 June 2015, 12:49:26 »

Can you get a digital caliper reading, to confirm exact dimensions. Have to say mine stuffed in badly by hand, with no clear way they'd fit, only to find with the proper press they went in fine.

Not saying you're wrong at all, simply if you could get a digital caliper reading of the diameter of bush and hole, that would at least confirm to yourself and us that there's a definite size difference.

note: don't own a digital caliper myself, I went into an engineering shop a few months back and asked to borrow a brand new one to test 'how it felt to use', and what do you know, I just happened to have a bolt in my pocket (which I coincidentally needed measuring to a micron ;)). Bit cheeky, but ways and means, and they didn't mind  :)

Might be a bit difficult carrying a wishbone and bush in lol.

I did have a digital micrometer but not seen it in a while, not that it will matter now if the Pikey's have been round and took then off the lawn  ;D

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29 June 2015, 13:36:46 »

You and me are different then, never had any difficulty in carrying an Omega wishbone. Simply undo my flies, and still leaves me two hands free to hold a pint of ale and the micrometer  ;) :D
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29 June 2015, 14:34:00 »

You and me are different then, never had any difficulty in carrying an Omega wishbone. Simply undo my flies, and still leaves me two hands free to hold a pint of ale and the micrometer  ;) :D

Just stuff it in the hole do you? Plenty of space I s'pose :-X ::) :D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 June 2015, 16:18:14 »

That's why my missus I need the digital calipers  :D

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 June 2015, 21:34:02 »

That's why my missus I need the digital calipers  :D

:D :D :D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 30 June 2015, 15:31:14 »

I recently did what you are trying to do. ie. fit a set of GM bushes to cheap wishbones and I couldn't get the bushes to go in no matter what I tried.....  ::)

I eventually borrowed a bush press set from my friendly local garage and they went in fine.  :y

The bush press set was like this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Press-Pull-Sleeve-Kit-Bearing-Seal-Bush-Insertion-Extraction-Tool-UK-/251893086010?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3aa5ff773a
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 30 June 2015, 18:50:49 »

I recently did what you are trying to do. ie. fit a set of GM bushes to cheap wishbones and I couldn't get the bushes to go in no matter what I tried.....  ::)

I eventually borrowed a bush press set from my friendly local garage and they went in fine.  :y

The bush press set was like this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Press-Pull-Sleeve-Kit-Bearing-Seal-Bush-Insertion-Extraction-Tool-UK-/251893086010?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3aa5ff773a

Cheers Ex Sir Tigger ( been a naughty boy recently  ::))I`ll have a look down that avenue, I tried a press albeit one not designed for bush pressing but the bush just wanted to slip one way or another. The car is MOT`d now so I have time on my side  :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.