Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega A Digital Pannel code 156.  (Read 1878 times)

R-vin

• Trinidad, W.I.
  • Best Regards
    • View Profile
Omega A Digital Pannel code 156.
« on: 01 March 2015, 20:49:40 »

hi,
i have a 1993 Chevrolet Suprema 3.0 Automatic,  Brazil manufactured Vauxhall Carlton estate.

i am investigating trouble codes in the car,
Using the 10 pin ALDL connector, bridging A to B, the check engine light flashes code 12 then 31...for me this is normal without engine running.
Bridging A to C, the transmission sport mode light flashes 12 then 33 then 65,
Bridging A to D, the Digital instrument pannel vehicle speed indicator shows 12 flashing 3 times then 156.

does any one have a table showing the various codes for the different systems for this car?

regards
R-vin
R-vin

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: Omega A Digital Pannel code 156.
« Reply #1 on: 01 March 2015, 21:37:26 »

hi,
i have a 1993 Chevrolet Suprema 3.0 Automatic,  Brazil manufactured Vauxhall Carlton estate.

i am investigating trouble codes in the car,
Using the 10 pin ALDL connector, bridging A to B, the check engine light flashes code 12 then 31...for me this is normal without engine running.
Bridging A to D, the Digital instrument pannel vehicle speed indicator shows 12 flashing 3 times then 156.

does any one have a table showing the various codes for the different systems for this car?

regards
R-vin

Hi R-Vin

Have a chat with the chaps on here:-

http://www.totalcarlton.com/forums/

R-vin

• Trinidad, W.I.
  • Best Regards
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 March 2015, 23:56:18 »

hi,
searching thru the forum, i came across a post with the guy having the same code 156 from his digital pannel, however there were no replies to it, i do not have membership to totalcarlton, so i'm back to this form...

thanks

R-vin
R-vin

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 March 2015, 13:23:06 »

In order to register to totalcarlton you have to give your

username
email
choose and verify a password
read the funny letters on the screen
click 'yes' to prove you are human
tick 'I agree' to the terms and conditions

It's not a massively difficult set of questions, and you'd get a better answer on there, we really can't help you that much, unless some members on here happened to previously own a Carlton or Senator with the digital dashboard. The Omega A/Carlton and Omega B are different cars  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

cjackel492

• Sussex
    • 2001 Omega Elite 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 March 2015, 00:04:05 »

It's Oil Pressure signal error message.
Carl,

R-vin

• Trinidad, W.I.
  • Best Regards
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 March 2015, 00:47:29 »

hey carl,
thanks for the insight, if it is oil pressure fault, can this be why the red F illuminates sometimes in the region next to the speed read out?
i know there is a level sensor on the side of the oil pan, and a pressure sensor at the side of the crank pulley... i have some oil seep from the front engine seal, can this affect the triggering of this code 156? or is it a bigger problem...  i suspect this car was in a wreck, a big one at that since i see welding in some areas that should not have and the harness in various areas on the left side of the car has what can be described as impact damage....and probably repaired and the car put back on the road..

also i keep getting code 33 and 65 from the transmission computer... trans oil temp sensor and force motor solenoid.... both high or battery voltage  as if the return signal wire shorts out and in the sender receives the battery voltage....

and again i have impact damage on the harness going to the transmission.... 

as soon as i get the opportunity, i`ll remove the harness and go thru it completely... messy and will need lots of insulating tape to put it back together... dont think a new harness is available for this car (1993) and if so, i bet would be expensive..

thanks again

R-vin
R-vin

cjackel492

• Sussex
    • 2001 Omega Elite 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 March 2015, 14:59:48 »

if it is oil pressure fault, can this be why the red F illuminates sometimes in the region next to the speed read out?
i know there is a level sensor on the side of the oil pan, and a pressure sensor at the side of the crank pulley... i have some oil seep from the front engine seal, can this affect the triggering of this code 156?
Yes, The F is there to indicate a fault.

There are 2 oil related signals from the engine to the LCD, 1 is standard oil pressure switch (yes/no type signal), other is oil pressure (which is analogue like temp and fuel). Both should come from the same sensor.

Only know the LCD codes as I have a German LCD e-manual.

It is possible to turn off the fault code display by re-programming the LCD chip.

Carl,

R-vin

• Trinidad, W.I.
  • Best Regards
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 March 2015, 12:29:51 »

hey carl,
i`m currenty located in Rio de Janeiro , Brazil, this is where the chevrolet suprema (carlton estate) is... here the omegas (Omega A) were sold from 1993 to 1998, and we currently suffer due to lack of replacement parts and manuals / repair procedures /diagnosis processes.
if you are willing to post the various trouble codes and their meanings would mean a lot to us here, there was formed an "omega club" which started off as one helping the other to get the car running again.... so far we have discovered some things such as retreiving the engine trouble codes, transmission trouble codes, digital instrument pannel trouble codes.. however we find few information on their meanings ...

any info possible will be of great assistance, if you are willing to send any info, my email is 

arvineharry@hotmail.com

thanks very much
R-vin

R-vin

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 March 2015, 19:54:48 »

You need to join the Autobahnstormers  - the UK owners club for Senators and Carltons :) There is a partial list of codes in the members download section.

Correct - this is normal.
12 = Start of Diagnostics
31 = No Engine RPM signal (because the engine isn't running!)

Assuming AR25/AR35 gearbox...
33 = Pressure Regulator Solenoid Voltage High
65 = AT Oil Temperature Sensor High

Bridging A to D, the Digital instrument panel vehicle speed indicator shows 12 flashing 3 times then 156.

156 = Not listed - would need Tech 1 to decode it properly.

R-vin

• Trinidad, W.I.
  • Best Regards
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 March 2015, 01:37:03 »

hey ,
thanks for the insight,  another member sent to my email manuals for the digital instrument pannel, though in german (opel), i was able to identify the code 156 as an oil pressure fault, with this knowledge, while driving i observe the red triangle (pointing downwards) next to the oil pressure reading flashing, when it stops flashing the red F next to the speed read out illuminates... when the red F goes out, the red triangle starts back flashing..... 

is this a sign that the oil level sensor could be faulty? or is there a fault with the oil pressure sensor? or could be a problem in the harness? 

about the auto transmission, it is a GM 4L30e... i guess that is the AR25/AR35....
i removed the harness connected to it, first visual has the insulation removed from 1 wire that was tee off ....
testing all the wires, i created my own diagram of the pins and conections, taking apart the harness, i did not find any faults apart from the missing insulation (possibly as a result of accident at some time)
the wire in question missing the insulation comes from pin K on the 10 pin connector, goes to the pin D on the 5 pin connector from the adapter case and to pin C on the main body connector (4 pin)...

so far i drove the car after the repair, once it locked the transmission in the fail safe, i did the usual, switch off and restart and it has been fine since... i retreived the codes, getting  12, 33, 65, 84.....

i think the code 84 could be brake switch volts low......  my brake lights function.... another problem in the harness?????
possibly when i remove the transmission pans, i can inspect the internal harness for cause of the codes 33 and 65 (both i expect to be in the adapter case)...

thanks for the attention...
cheers
R-vin
R-vin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.