Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: front suspension arms  (Read 791 times)

lesask

• london
    • omega 2.6cdx
    • View Profile
front suspension arms
« on: 02 January 2014, 22:06:00 »

hello everybod. 2.6 cdx. i need to have new front bones and might as well have the other bits replaced too. does anyone do some mechanics on these cars? not urgent yet but i cant have my car put on the alignment and tracking ramp till i get these done and my car not sitting right on the road, ive had them examined and im right about what needs doing but i dont know how to do it and i dont have the time. any one interested in earning some dosh or just some good advice on where to take, thankyou very much. Les. new eltham area

chrisgixer

Re: front suspension arms
« Reply #1 on: 02 January 2014, 23:16:41 »

If the cars not sitting right, that implies ride height issues. Which is shocks and springs related.

What have you been told or shown, re wishbones?

lesask

• london
    • omega 2.6cdx
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 January 2014, 17:43:34 »

hello mate. thanks for getting back. ok sometime ago i had 2 new tyres on the back. after that i was not happy with it on the road, on the motorway it would kind of wonder and at about 65-75 i was getting a judder. quite pronounced. also at slower speeds a distinct sway to the left and sometimes when braking a definite pull to the left. i know several reasons can cause these kinds of problems, a dragging brake, incorrect inflated tyres, out of tracking. well i know this car has to be weighted down at the front to properly perform a new alignment job. now just starting to get uneven wear on front tyres. anyway in the meantime the car has been mot and it passed with an advisory on the front suspension arms. anyway the car kind of dont feel right in my hand and constantly slightly adjusting the steering wheel to compensate. so i took car into another place with the special thing for alignment and explained but could he re check the balance on rear wheels as i suspect a problem. so they did this and i was right, both wheels very out of balance. one wheel has 3 weights fitted and the other 7. now the car driving fairly good, much better, so i was indeed right but its not perfect. so this man put my car on the special ramp and thoroughly tested and stressed the front end and confirmed the front bones have seen better days so the mot was right and its not worth my while paying to re align the car when the bones are nearing their life span, so all in all i want the front bones done and then might as well re place droppers and tyres and the re align. there is no damage or anything else obvious. i feel the springs and shocks are probably fine but i very much appreciate your thoughts and would welcome what your opinion is now i have explained in greater detail. many thanks. les.

chrisgixer

« Reply #3 on: 03 January 2014, 20:38:02 »

Sounds like your on the right course.

I'm tied up for a month or so, but if you get somebody to fit oe wishbones make sure they tighten the bolts wheels loaded/car on the floor, so that the wishbone bush centre is tightened an orientation that's aligned with the average wishbone position.

Although... That doesn't matter if fitting poly for the front bush.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 January 2014, 20:42:56 »

I'm looking in with interest because I've been told I need my wishbones done, but not sure that I have the skills, nor, at 70, the will and energy to do it.
An Omega is also hard on the pension!

Ron.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.