Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Lakes Meet 09?  (Read 7752 times)

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: Lakes Meet 09?
« Reply #45 on: 13 February 2009, 23:00:14 »

Sorry Mark but that sounds quite dear to me. I will be giving it a miss :(
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 14 February 2009, 01:07:46 »

Can I have a room for 2 please, myself and daughter. B&B, full board, their, or ours, bbq, whatever, as long as there are a decent amount of member going.  :)
« Last Edit: 14 February 2009, 01:08:22 by floodm »

Dave-C

• Omega Knight
  • Staffordshire
  • The Old Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 14 February 2009, 07:09:15 »

I've finally got round to a Lakes alternative venue.

Given the support shown for York I've put together a late season deal with this place http://www.activity-centre.com/

This is a bit more cost than usual but is a different concept entirely...

It has 137 beds available in dorm style rooms or 2,4,8 beds - yes bunk beds do feature! Separate showers  - newly refit and very clean.

£24 per person per night - on B&B basis (no room only option) inc all bedding, but not towels. Not sure about kids - forgot to ask  :-[

Large BBQ on site available - or they can cater for BBQ at £6/7 per head inc a sticky bun for a pudding. Bring your own plates and plastic forks to keep cost down.

Fully licensed bar and indoor meeting area (the bar) - but that means you can't bring your own booze I'm afraid - unless you sneak it in your room after dark.

Field available at the end of the short drive to park all of the cars and ok to work on here too.  Also limited tarmac hard standing area if required can be used.

Sorry no dogs.

So for £30 a night, you can sleep in a warm bed, feast at a communal BBQ, have a hot shower before waking up for a cooked breakfast and if it's cold or raining you can slouch inside too and the only things you need to bring are a change of clothes and some tools  :)

Dates available are based on Fri/Sat's of:

31 July - 2 Aug
7-9 Aug
16-16 Aug
4-6 Sept
11-13 Sept
2-4 Oct

I'm off to Austria now but please feel free to comment if you think this is worth looking at and I'll pick up the thread next week. :y

Sounds nice, isn't the highlighted the proposed Newent date....  not that it affects me but no doggies may be an issue, kids enjoy the meets too ;)
Do it right, do it once................

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #48 on: 22 February 2009, 21:10:42 »

I've finally got round to a Lakes alternative venue.

Given the support shown for York I've put together a late season deal with this place http://www.activity-centre.com/

This is a bit more cost than usual but is a different concept entirely...

It has 137 beds available in dorm style rooms or 2,4,8 beds - yes bunk beds do feature! Separate showers  - newly refit and very clean.

£24 per person per night - on B&B basis (no room only option) inc all bedding, but not towels. Not sure about kids - forgot to ask  :-[

Large BBQ on site available - or they can cater for BBQ at £6/7 per head inc a sticky bun for a pudding. Bring your own plates and plastic forks to keep cost down.

Fully licensed bar and indoor meeting area (the bar) - but that means you can't bring your own booze I'm afraid - unless you sneak it in your room after dark.

Field available at the end of the short drive to park all of the cars and ok to work on here too.  Also limited tarmac hard standing area if required can be used.

Sorry no dogs.

So for £30 a night, you can sleep in a warm bed, feast at a communal BBQ, have a hot shower before waking up for a cooked breakfast and if it's cold or raining you can slouch inside too and the only things you need to bring are a change of clothes and some tools  :)

Dates available are based on Fri/Sat's of:

31 July - 2 Aug
7-9 Aug
16-16 Aug
4-6 Sept
11-13 Sept
2-4 Oct

I'm off to Austria now but please feel free to comment if you think this is worth looking at and I'll pick up the thread next week. :y

Sounds nice, isn't the highlighted the proposed Newent date....  not that it affects me but no doggies may be an issue, kids enjoy the meets too ;)

Unfortunately i will have to give this a miss if OOF dog carnt attend  :'(

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 28 February 2009, 01:08:55 »

So, is this not happening then?

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 03 March 2009, 01:38:48 »

Bump,well????????

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 04 March 2009, 00:27:06 »

Bump,well????????

And again.....?????

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 04 March 2009, 15:04:39 »

The silence is pretty deafening.  :-/

Shame, because I don't think I can make any of the other meets this year. :'(

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
  • owned a Datsun 120y once!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 04 March 2009, 16:19:16 »

This is our original big meet of the year, would be  shame if it fell off the calendar :-/

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 04 March 2009, 21:13:36 »

This is our original big meet of the year, would be  shame if it fell off the calendar :-/

Agreed .. but the idea of a "dormitory" type place does not sit that well ... SWTSMBO is pretty much off the idea .. :(

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 04 March 2009, 23:53:45 »

Agreed .. but the idea of a "dormitory" type place does not sit that well ... SWTSMBO is pretty much off the idea .. :(

True. That and the "sneaking booze in" would add a geography field trip aspect to it. Would prefer camping TBH. :-/

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

amigov6

« Reply #56 on: 05 March 2009, 19:34:18 »

True. That and the "sneaking booze in" would add a geography field trip aspect to it. Would prefer camping TBH. :-/

Kevin
Agreed again i'm afraid, methinks we prefer to do our own thing but thanks Mark (Chopsdad) for having a look anyway. :y

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 05 March 2009, 20:31:35 »

Sorry guys (and Guy) I've been away for a while but the Adventure Centre idea doesn't seem popular - no harm done, it was just one idea.

I'll contact some of the larger campsites in the area and see if they can accommodate a group as large as ours and are ok with, cars, dogs, booze, caravans and large bbq and I'll post up what's on offer.

First thing is to find a site, second is to choose a date and third it to see who can make it.

It's not over 'till the fat lady sings........... :y
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 05 March 2009, 20:41:46 »

Sorry guys (and Guy) I've been away for a while but the Adventure Centre idea doesn't seem popular - no harm done, it was just one idea.

I'll contact some of the larger campsites in the area and see if they can accommodate a group as large as ours and are ok with, cars, dogs, booze, caravans and large bbq and I'll post up what's on offer.

First thing is to find a site, second is to choose a date and third it to see who can make it.

It's not over 'till the fat lady sings........... :y
Plus engine hoist, car ramp rolling road and tyre bay  ;) Thaks for the effort Chopsdad :y keep looking.
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 05 March 2009, 21:48:01 »

Time to start a new thread and keep it simple - please add comments to Lakes Meet II 2009 thread. :y
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.