Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remember we were talking about the BBC  (Read 929 times)

STEMO

Remember we were talking about the BBC
« on: 20 June 2019, 06:30:53 »

Well.....

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Remember we were talking about the BBC
« Reply #1 on: 20 June 2019, 07:12:24 »

Tosh. Its the greatest broadcaster in the history of the universe, ever, bar none.  :P ;D
Im sure I read somewhere that they said the audience would be mainly members of the Tory party, as they were the people who would be voting.  ???
Someone must have made a genuine mistake.  ::)
Apparently the bloke responsible is the same man who was responsible for the Cliff Richard debacle, so mistakes would be understandable.
What isn't understandable, is the fact that he is still employed by them at our expense.  >:(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2019, 07:47:50 »

The whole idea of this so called 'debate' between Conservative MP hopefuls for the PM position was a bad one and has turned, from my point of view, into a farce  >:(

The 'debate' from the half hour section I saw that made me want to throw up, or commit suicide, as even as a Conservates myself, all I saw was individuals not being coherent on any particular policy idea and just a very poor attempt at selling themselves with little intention to really 'debate' anything that would have produced much much more!

I am unhappy about a) the undemocratic process of this PM selection with me as a member of the people having no say in the vote b) how so much time on prime time television can be given to just one party to parade their aims and policies (although in practice this bunch of misfits just managed to turn more people off of them!) and c) even the selected (by whom?!!) 'questioners' not being part of any in studio audience, as one did not exist, not being representative in any number of the general public and then obviously some delibarate attempt by a producer to manipulate what should have been a discussion between the MP's on their own policies vs. the others.  But it was like watching a boys club, all in it together, and acting like 10 year olds! Thus we have the fallout as STEMO has highlighted.

The BBC, in my opinion, as I have stated before in another thread, are very good generally in what they do, but cannot please all of us all the time.  However, with some of their 'Political' output, like Question Time there is a bias of production, which puts the Corporation in a very bad light.

What ever was the aims of these Conservative MP debates was, by whoever is behind the scenes, has shown itself to be a big mistake and contracts should be terminated. >:(
« Last Edit: 20 June 2019, 07:49:45 by Lizzie Zoom »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 June 2019, 08:59:05 »

Calling Rods2 to GenDis!     ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 June 2019, 09:04:43 »

Calling Rods2 to GenDis!     ;D

He will be concentrating on Putin and the MH17 affair ;D ;D ;D ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 June 2019, 17:27:34 »

All part of the dumbed down, trailer trash society we have bred.

This wank wouldn't get close to being aired even 10yrs ago, but now everything has to have a live onscreen debate.

Because its cheap to make. And will attract a lot of viewers from our trailer trash society.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.