Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2979514 times)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #21240 on: 10 November 2020, 18:30:31 »

I always feel left out on this thread. Put some diesel in it?  :-\
You could wash it between dogging and shopping...  :D
I don't wash it, I sit in it while a machine with big brushes does it.

Likewise, I've done 3,500 miles in mine since the BMW stealer washed it for me, so probably due a quid spending on it. I probably ought to put diesel in it too, the tank seems very small on it  :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21241 on: 10 November 2020, 18:58:00 »

Bro gets a pretty decent range from his 330d, certainly well north of 550 miles iirc without skimping on performance.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21242 on: 10 November 2020, 19:21:07 »

Bro gets a pretty decent range from his 330d, certainly well north of 550 miles iirc without skimping on performance.
My poxy old 2.0 diesel astra gets me 550 on a full tank, without going anywhere near a motorway.
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21243 on: 10 November 2020, 19:23:04 »

I struggle to get 550 miles from a tank.  That said, due to the £99 pump cut off, I tend not to be able to fill my tank...
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21244 on: 10 November 2020, 19:34:28 »

I struggle to get 550 miles from a tank.  That said, due to the £99 pump cut off, I tend not to be able to fill my tank...
Mine will only hold 56 litres, so about £70.
Diesel till I die

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21245 on: 10 November 2020, 19:43:11 »

Wash your own car? Isn't that why God invented immigrants?? :D ;D

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #21246 on: 10 November 2020, 20:27:59 »

Is his an x-drive? I get about 40mpg from mine in mixed work, but a true 48-50 on a long motorway run making acceptable progress.

On balance I am more than happy with that given the performance and overall package the car offers. I am missing my heated seats though, I'll be fixing that when it's out of warranty.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21247 on: 10 November 2020, 20:38:29 »

Rwd with the 8 speed ZF box ;)

Slightly higher mpg but with relatively less drivetrain drag...

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #21248 on: 10 November 2020, 20:43:35 »

Indeed!

By 5-10% by the looks of it.

I like the ZF box very much but the way mine is setup seems to make it feel very lazy unless in Sport. Then again, coming from an electric car it perhaps just feels like it lacks immediacy.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21249 on: 10 November 2020, 20:55:16 »

I believe in EcoPro mode it lives in top, but in full fat Sport mode it won't go above 7th unless you shift it up manually.

I haven't driven it enough to have an opinion about it being sluggish, but it picks up a damn sight quicker than the Barge... Twin turbos help and the straight six is a torquey lump 8)

That said, the 5 speed 722 in the Barge adapts quite quickly... drive it assertively and it becomes quite lively, certainly over 50 it doesn't feel particularly underpowered. Which is nice.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21250 on: 11 November 2020, 07:21:30 »

Wrong Gearbox!

I get 550 miles to a tank on Velar when commuting, drops when city driving  :y

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21251 on: 11 November 2020, 08:32:34 »

I believe in EcoPro mode it lives in top, but in full fat Sport mode it won't go above 7th unless you shift it up manually.

I haven't driven it enough to have an opinion about it being sluggish, but it picks up a damn sight quicker than the Barge... Twin turbos help and the straight six is a torquey lump 8)

The bmw will default back to comfort mode at each start up, you'd have to physically select EcoPro (which makes it as flat as a witches tit as it encourages you to ease off to maintain speed). Of all of the 335's/435's that I've had, they've all been like a bullet. Fantastic around town at low speed and instant pick up when you floor it. As to sport mode, I'd use it to stretch the rev range lower down but switch it off when I was on full chat. My Audi is the same, no need to be in sport mode when flat out, as you can achieve maximum speed in 'D' ....... allegedly.  ::)
The 35d's are a cracking engine mated to a cracking gearbox so certainly shouldn't feel lazy.  :-\  Mine have all pulled like a train straight off the line, with a very slight lull around 124-128, and then off they go again with the same urgency all the way to the limiter (on a track obviously). Fuel wise I'd get mid 30's around town and 48-50mpg on a run. I really do love the versatility of that engine and gearbox set-up.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21252 on: 11 November 2020, 11:48:59 »

The bmw will default back to comfort mode at each start up, you'd have to physically select EcoPro (which makes it as flat as a witches tit as it encourages you to ease off to maintain speed). Of all of the 335's/435's that I've had, they've all been like a bullet. Fantastic around town at low speed and instant pick up when you floor it. As to sport mode, I'd use it to stretch the rev range lower down but switch it off when I was on full chat. My Audi is the same, no need to be in sport mode when flat out, as you can achieve maximum speed in 'D' ....... allegedly.  ::)
The 35d's are a cracking engine mated to a cracking gearbox so certainly shouldn't feel lazy.  :-\  Mine have all pulled like a train straight off the line, with a very slight lull around 124-128, and then off they go again with the same urgency all the way to the limiter (on a track obviously). Fuel wise I'd get mid 30's around town and 48-50mpg on a run. I really do love the versatility of that engine and gearbox set-up.  :y

A requirement of emissions testing following the VAG 'issues', the vehicle has to default to the configuration in which it was approved at every key cycle, think it came in around 2017/18 ish.  :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #21253 on: 11 November 2020, 12:02:39 »

Went out to check the tyre pressure on the new tyre on the Mondeo and promptly lost the dust cap.  >:( 

Spent 20 minutes looking for it with no joy.  Then spent 20 minutes hunting through the jumble in my garage for a bag of spares with no joy, even though I've seen them recently.  :-\  ::)

Took all the crap out of the boot and robbed the dust cap off the spare, and then for whatever reason all the crap that has sat neatly in the boot for ages just wouldn't fit back in.  >:(  Came in for a cuppa! Sigh...

It's going to be one of those days!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21254 on: 11 November 2020, 12:47:41 »

Went out to check the tyre pressure on the new tyre on the Mondeo and promptly lost the dust cap.  >:( 

Spent 20 minutes looking for it with no joy.  Then spent 20 minutes hunting through the jumble in my garage for a bag of spares with no joy, even though I've seen them recently.  :-\  ::)

Took all the crap out of the boot and robbed the dust cap off the spare, and then for whatever reason all the crap that has sat neatly in the boot for ages just wouldn't fit back in.  >:(  Came in for a cuppa! Sigh...

It's going to be one of those days!  ::)

Why do dust caps always dissapear when dropped ? I always keep spare ones in the ashtray now 👍
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.