Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mrs May's speech Friday afternoon  (Read 8590 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Mrs May's speech Friday afternoon
« Reply #75 on: 27 September 2018, 13:39:17 »

Amber Rudderless has crawled out from under her stone this morning and said that she and about 40 Tory MP's will vote against a Canada +++ style FTA, so that's probably another option dead in the water!  ::)

So No Deal is looking ever more likely, despite all the squealing and shouting for a 2nd referendum.  ::)

Interestingly I spotted this in yesterdays Guardian.  :)

"The Guardian revealed on Wednesday that the EU is intensifying its no-deal preparations over increased concerns over the ratification of a deal. EU leaders have also insisted on their right to go over the head of the European commission and strike mini-deals with the UK in the event of a no-deal scenario in order to mitigate the worst effects of a cliff-edge Brexit, including the grounding of flights and blockage of haulage routes."

I read recently and can't remember where, that the heads of Dover and Calais ports have having talks to minimise disruption in the even of No Deal.
« Last Edit: 27 September 2018, 13:41:44 by Sir Tigger QC »
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 27 September 2018, 14:25:13 »

Amber Rudderless has crawled out from under her stone this morning and said that she and about 40 Tory MP's will vote against a Canada +++ style FTA, so that's probably another option dead in the water!  ::)

So No Deal is looking ever more likely, despite all the squealing and shouting for a 2nd referendum.  ::)

Interestingly I spotted this in yesterdays Guardian.  :)

"The Guardian revealed on Wednesday that the EU is intensifying its no-deal preparations over increased concerns over the ratification of a deal. EU leaders have also insisted on their right to go over the head of the European commission and strike mini-deals with the UK in the event of a no-deal scenario in order to mitigate the worst effects of a cliff-edge Brexit, including the grounding of flights and blockage of haulage routes."

I read recently and can't remember where, that the heads of Dover and Calais ports have having talks to minimise disruption in the even of No Deal.

We should all remember the warnings before the Millennium Bug was about to strike on 31st December 1999; computers would stop working, electric power would turn off, planes would fall from the sky and, in short, we would be hit by a thousand plagues!!

None of it happened.  I reckon nothing will happen this time as it is not in the interests of the International or even European communities to let everything just stop!! ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 27 September 2018, 15:45:21 »

December 31st 1999 was a brilliant night at work... Literally nothing to do as the only flight was at midday on January 1st.

Hopefully Brexit Eve will be just as peaceful... :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 27 September 2018, 15:48:43 »

December 31st 1999 was a brilliant night at work... Literally nothing to do as the only flight was at midday on January 1st.

Hopefully Brexit Eve will be just as peaceful... :D

ISTR myself and a mate made a pact not to go to bed until all the beer was gone.

In retrospect, it wasn't my brightest move. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 27 September 2018, 19:34:04 »

We should all remember the warnings before the Millennium Bug was about to strike on 31st December 1999; computers would stop working, electric power would turn off, planes would fall from the sky and, in short, we would be hit by a thousand plagues!!
Most of it media driven.

Like the current drivel going on.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.