Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 78   Go Down

Author Topic: Corona virus Europe  (Read 128170 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Corona virus Europe
« Reply #240 on: 10 March 2020, 21:05:11 »

I see Italy have suspended all mortgage payments by individuals & households during this Covid-19 lockdown. I'm aware of 3 'weekend' bailouts done by Italy in the last year, to stop a mis-selling scandal where their bank's mis-sold bonds, as suitable safe domestic & SME savings devices where after Cyprus bond holders are mean't to be bailed in.

China has also been providing extra funds to their banks to support weak & zombie industries. This is the start of a global contagion which the article I pointed to earlier, The panic selling of shares is neither here or there for the bigger than 2008 Covid-19 black swan that is on the horizon with banks & insurance companies needing to be bailed out again. With German & France days away from an Italian style lockdown Deutsche Bank is one to watch. Eurozone banks have never recovered from 2008 & written off non-performing loans like most other economies. The ECB Eurozone already have negative interest rates so they have little ammunition apart from more QE, worrying times.

For a lockdown to work you need to allow a 3 week incubation period, where the virus in favourable conditions can live on surfaces for up to 16 days & another 3 weeks to make sure ill people have recovered & can no longer spread it, which is why in China it is only in the last few days getting a massive slowdown in new cases.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 10 March 2020, 22:23:55 »

For those that are interested, this is the Covid-19 UK Dashboard.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/f94c3c90da5b4e9f9a0b19484dd4bb14
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 10 March 2020, 22:36:04 »

I have just come back to my digs following visiting family in various hospitals in Scarborough. Still see folk not washing their hands but they will be the same dirty b4stards that don't when they have been to the toilet before preparing your fast food. I wonder how many in the wards I visit will be alive in a month?

Easter coming up. How is that going to work (not the religious bit as that can be done via loudspeakers from a room) but the millions going on holiday? The Spanish have just cancelled the Fallas in Valencia. Worth £500 million in tourism. I think Rods2 is spot on. This is going to create a recession which is going to make 2008 look like peanuts.

Wouldn't you just loved to have been in on the COBRA meetings. The true expert figures will have been on the table along with the plan. neither of which we the public will be told.

5.1 days to incubate. I had a wretched cough today but it seems to have gone. Probably just the foul weather plus central heating dryness. So I think I didn't catch it on my way over to UK. Might ask a nurse to do my forehead temp on her ward rounds.... Anybody ever count how many times in a day they touch their own face! 
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

aaronjb

« Reply #243 on: 11 March 2020, 07:46:20 »

EDIT: I came in and wash my hands.  :y  Then packed away my shopping.....  ::)                                               Doh!     ;D

Think about this, then.

Most people carry phones.
They touch them a lot.

So, you touch something contaminated, then you touch your phone, then you wash your hands, then you touch your pho.. d'oh!

So not only do we all have to hermit like Rods, we also have to stop touching everything and use telekenesis.

I'll just carry on as normal, thanks.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 11 March 2020, 09:55:56 »

Health minister Nadine Dorris has been diagnosed with it this morning.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 11 March 2020, 10:08:03 »

Yep.  For most it will be a mild illness that keeps you at home for a while.  So yes you're right Aaron, keep calm and carry on.  :)

If you get it, when you recover you'll have some immunity.  :y  And if you don't recover you won't have to worry about it anymore....  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 11 March 2020, 10:08:36 »

Hard facts are that this issue will only truly go away once there is a level of immunity in the population, either from immunisation, or surviving the virus.

Any other action is just slowing it down

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 11 March 2020, 10:11:24 »

Yep.  For most it will be a mild illness that keeps you at home for a while.  So yes you're right Aaron, keep calm and carry on.  :)

If you get it, when you recover you'll have some immunity:y  And if you don't recover you won't have to worry about it anymore....  ::)  ;D

Not sure about that. https://www.euronews.com/2020/02/27/coronavirus-can-you-catch-covid-19-twice-euronews-answers

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 11 March 2020, 10:24:59 »

If you get it, when you recover you'll have some immunity:y  And if you don't recover you won't have to worry about it anymore....  ::)  ;D

Not sure about that. https://www.euronews.com/2020/02/27/coronavirus-can-you-catch-covid-19-twice-euronews-answers

In this case, looks to be a factless assumption based report  :y

Known facts are, the human body will build immunity to this strain  :y

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 11 March 2020, 10:53:00 »

Cannot post the link but on Sky News.com there is a WTO proje tion for the world by the hemispheres and so on. Far from being over in a couple of weeks it will be here for years. At its peak around 100 million infected worldwide so not a lot out of 6/7 billion. More noticeable in first world countries I guess.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: 11 March 2020, 11:26:40 »

The number of recovered people still out weighs the number of active cases, and we are still talking about a mere fraction of the global population.

Two clear choices:

1. shut the world down, and wait for it to die out, or 2. carry on as normal.
1 would deliver a brutal short term economic blow, but one that would be recovered from in due course. 2. Would have a more subtle economic impact, but over a longer term. Who's to say which is better :-\

Ultimately though, if we're all going to catch it regardless, then there's little point in flapping or scaremongering, may as well carry on regardless.

You still have a far higher chance of being hit by a bus.

Onanists always think outside the box.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 11 March 2020, 11:28:04 »

Cannot post the link but on Sky News.com there is a WTO proje tion for the world by the hemispheres and so on. Far from being over in a couple of weeks it will be here for years. At its peak around 100 million infected worldwide so not a lot out of 6/7 billion. More noticeable in first world countries I guess.

As I often quote at work, all simulation is wrong, some is useful.  :y

Is this useful simulation, I have no idea, the only certainty is it will be wrong  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 11 March 2020, 11:42:28 »

Damned lies and statistics...  :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 11 March 2020, 11:52:15 »

The number of recovered people still out weighs the number of active cases, and we are still talking about a mere fraction of the global population.

Two clear choices:

1. shut the world down, and wait for it to die out, or 2. carry on as normal.
1 would deliver a brutal short term economic blow, but one that would be recovered from in due course. 2. Would have a more subtle economic impact, but over a longer term. Who's to say which is better :-\

Ultimately though, if we're all going to catch it regardless, then there's little point in flapping or scaremongering, may as well carry on regardless.

You still have a far higher chance of being hit by a bus.

Ah but are you saying that as a low risk person?. Outside of the hayfever season, i would say we are ultra low risk where we live. However the dice are now loaded much higher with me visiting hospital twice a day to see how the family members are doing etc

Mark is right about the projections. They are just projections.

Stay healthy , exercise and eat your greens....

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 11 March 2020, 11:56:12 »

EDIT: I came in and wash my hands.  :y  Then packed away my shopping.....  ::)                                               Doh!     ;D

Think about this, then.

Most people carry phones.
They touch them a lot.

So, you touch something contaminated, then you touch your phone, then you wash your hands, then you touch your pho.. d'oh!

So not only do we all have to hermit like Rods, we also have to stop touching everything and use telekenesis.

it's pretty simple
just pretend everything that does not belong to you has WET PAINT on
don't touch it unless you really have too ,
 if you do, wash your hands BEFORE getting wet paint on anything that does belong to you  :y

and have a bath in neat bleach just in case  :P
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 78   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.