Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Buyers Guide?  (Read 33202 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Buyers Guide?
« Reply #45 on: 31 December 2016, 10:37:37 »

The 2.5TD diesel is underpowered and will eat gearboxes in about 160,000km. Chip it to make the engine usable, gearbox will last 1000km. Stronger gearbox from a 3.0/3.2 can be fitted.

Additionally, as you are in Euro land, you have access to the 2.5DTi with the 24v diesel lump and 5 speed auto, that wasn't offered in the U.K. If you want a diesel, that's the one. Far better than the 12v 2.5TD
Grumpy old man

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 31 December 2016, 13:39:30 »

Thanks. Good info.

I have no real intention of buying a diesel. It was only this 2.0 because it is in extremely good condition. So if it was at least a 6 cylinders diesel I would be tempted. It really was in fantastic condition.

But I'm looking for a 6 cylinders petro.  :y

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 31 December 2016, 13:53:32 »

What's to elaborate?

Diesels only rev to around 4.5-5k and have forced induction, petrols don't and rev much higher.

Simples.

Oh this is what you mean. I was just wondering if you were referring to something specific, like the petros having a wired throttle but the diesel being electronic from much earlier or some other difference.

As for forced induction, I didn't know the BMW straight 6 was a turbo too. To be honest I never looked much at the diesel specs because I don't want a diesel. I did open the bonnet of the car yesterday before I drove but it's so crowed in there I didn't really see the turbo. The straight 6 really fills up the bay. With the V6 you seem to have plenty of room to work. People who drop a V8 in an Omega are very brave.
Why dont you add a V8 Omega to your Wish List / Modification List, you seem to have most of the other Models covered so far.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 31 December 2016, 14:19:22 »

Maybe you will make your mind up next year, people have given you advice based on years of expertise and knowledge, yet you still keep faffing about,  you are looking to by a 13 yes 13 year old barge, if you want better by a Mercedes.
Now make a decision, and get on with it.
While your looking why not get one with an lsd.

Hoof'land storeman.

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 31 December 2016, 14:29:51 »

What's to elaborate?

Diesels only rev to around 4.5-5k and have forced induction, petrols don't and rev much higher.

Simples.

Oh this is what you mean. I was just wondering if you were referring to something specific, like the petros having a wired throttle but the diesel being electronic from much earlier or some other difference.

As for forced induction, I didn't know the BMW straight 6 was a turbo too. To be honest I never looked much at the diesel specs because I don't want a diesel. I did open the bonnet of the car yesterday before I drove but it's so crowed in there I didn't really see the turbo. The straight 6 really fills up the bay. With the V6 you seem to have plenty of room to work. People who drop a V8 in an Omega are very brave.
Why dont you add a V8 Omega to your Wish List / Modification List, you seem to have most of the other Models covered so far.

Sorry. I don't understand your post. Where did I say I want a V8 Omega? To be honest I think a V8 is too much for it. If it was longer and wider like the Commodores then yes. But I would rather have a more powerful V6 instead. So I don't know what you mean.

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 31 December 2016, 14:32:32 »

Maybe you will make your mind up next year, people have given you advice based on years of expertise and knowledge, yet you still keep faffing about,  you are looking to by a 13 yes 13 year old barge, if you want better by a Mercedes.

Who is flapping about? I want a 3.0 V6 manual. Just because I'm driving others doesn't mean I will buy it. I made up my mind a while ago. I know exactly where I want to end up. A 3.0 V6 Omega saloon. Not an Estate. Not a 3.2 manual, not any automatic. Not any diesel. A 3.0 V6 petro with a manual gearbox.  ;)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 31 December 2016, 15:04:15 »

Who is flapping about? I want a 3.0 v6 manual . Just because I'm driving others doesn't mean I will buy it. I made up my mind a while ago. I know exactly where I want to end up. A 3.0 V6 Omega saloon. Not an Estate. Not a 3.2 manual, not any automatic. Not any diesel. A 3.0 V6 petro with a manual gearbox.  ;)

Then go and get one, and stop going on about 2.0L, and diesel. You know what you want, but its taken 4 pages to get there.
Hoof'land storeman.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #52 on: 31 December 2016, 15:04:44 »

Who is flapping about? I want a 3.0 V6 manual. Just because I'm driving others doesn't mean I will buy it. I made up my mind a while ago. I know exactly where I want to end up. A 3.0 V6 Omega saloon. Not an Estate. Not a 3.2 manual, not any automatic. Not any diesel. A 3.0 V6 petro with a manual gearbox.  ;)

Is this bloke for real ?  😂😂😂😂 I thought it was only women who had difficulty making decisions😉😉
« Last Edit: 31 December 2016, 15:07:04 by Tilbo »

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 31 December 2016, 15:12:59 »

No point in getting a 3.0 Manual with LSD, unless of course, you get one with the R34 6 Speed Manual Box, not sure if they did them in Euroland though.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #54 on: 31 December 2016, 15:30:12 »

No point in getting a 3.0 Manual with LSD, unless of course, you get one with the R34 6 Speed Manual Box, not sure if they did them in Euroland though.
.     ...

I expect he will tell us , could take a while though

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 31 December 2016, 16:07:08 »

Who is flapping about? I want a 3.0 v6 manual . Just because I'm driving others doesn't mean I will buy it. I made up my mind a while ago. I know exactly where I want to end up. A 3.0 V6 Omega saloon. Not an Estate. Not a 3.2 manual, not any automatic. Not any diesel. A 3.0 V6 petro with a manual gearbox.  ;)

Then go and get one, and stop going on about 2.0L, and diesel. You know what you want, but its taken 10 threads to get there.
Fixed :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

ted_one

« Reply #56 on: 31 December 2016, 16:33:47 »

Take the tips and advice that have been offered and go find that shiny shed,BUT! if you are UK based ??? ??? then for goodness sake take some time and check the MOT history,shiny on the top and full of tin worm underneath. :o
I'm now baling out of this thread....permanently!! because it seems that my 15 years of Omega ownership/ pain and many thousands of pounds invested in that ownership count for nothing on this one. :-X

2boxerdogs

« Reply #57 on: 31 December 2016, 17:19:54 »

Take the tips and advice that have been offered and go find that shiny shed,BUT! if you are UK based ??? ??? then for goodness sake take some time and check the MOT history,shiny on the top and full of tin worm underneath. :o
I'm now baling out of this thread....permanently!! because it seems that my 15 years of Omega ownership/ pain and many thousands of pounds invested in that ownership count for nothing on this one. :-X

You really can't help some people , probably will never purchase one anyway talks a load of 'dangle berries' imho.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 31 December 2016, 17:28:39 »

....You really can't help some people , probably will never purchase one anyway talks a load of 'dangle berries' imho.

Agreed. Umpteen pages on half a dozen threads on a car that only exists in his head. As said before, I just wish he'd buy something!

ted_one

« Reply #59 on: 31 December 2016, 17:41:16 »

As I say,I'm out on this one,it's just been suggested to me that there may be a reason for all of this ambiguity, and that's it's someone looking for a drifter or just a wind up,but anyway like others on here ,we are getting weary and wary of this going round in circles scenario.My own personal opinion on this thread is that it is DONE! and perhaps the admins might consider putting this one out of its misery.....before we all toddle off to those two other FB Omega forums ;D Stick a fork in this one for all our sanity :-X
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.