Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Signs & Symptoms ?  (Read 653 times)

2boxerdogs

Signs & Symptoms ?
« on: 07 March 2014, 13:20:03 »

Hi Guys, I have had my 1 owner 2.6 just over 3 years, I have covered 36,000 faultless miles in that time, ODO now on 86,000 miles. Later this year it will require the timing belt changed ( last change at 51,000 miles).It is never used for short journeys & on my daily commute on very good A roads & dual carriageway is always taken up to the legal speed limits. I have never had "mayo" problems regarding the oil but have read on here several times about the breather pipe problems are there any signs/symptoms that these are blocked ? Or is the type of use that this vehicle has keeping the problem at bay ?

05omegav6

Re: Signs & Symptoms ?
« Reply #1 on: 07 March 2014, 13:37:58 »

Visual checks are about all you can do...

Easiest is to unclip the four hoses from the back of the breather bridge on top of the engine.

Swab both sides of each connection, ie the plastic tube and the rubber hoses, with a cotton wool bud. Any light evidence of oil is perfectly normal, but any bits or signs of sludging, then the only solution is to remove the breather bridge and hoses to clean them thoroughly off the car.

There's a guide in the maintenance section :y

The lack of mayo suggests regular servicing with decent oil combined with few short journeys  :y

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 March 2014, 15:52:38 »

I do this periodically irrespective of the car's use...say like every other oil change or so (change mine at 3kmile) :)
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 March 2014, 15:58:19 »

I use Shell Premium fuel at all times in my 3.2 and, with regular servicing, have never found any sludge in my breathers. :y

2boxerdogs

« Reply #4 on: 07 March 2014, 19:23:31 »

I use Shell Premium fuel at all times in my 3.2 and, with regular servicing, have never found any sludge in my breathers. :

Thanks for the replies, I use BP Ultimate in mine , have no problems so I think I will leave alone , the only thing I have had to replace other than service items is the HBV.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.