Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Air con 3.2V6  (Read 781 times)

456lbft

• Northants
  • Exhaust manufacturer from Northamptonshire
    • Omega MV6-Fred
    • View Profile
Air con 3.2V6
« on: 26 February 2020, 20:55:51 »

I have read the various guides and posts on here and am none the wiser.  Now that I've got the MV6 scattered all over the workshop (cam belts and oil leaks are the main jobs) i thought it worth exploring why the A/C doesn't blow cold air (when the weather is warm) or why it doesn't seem to demist  very well either.  I had it regassed this time this year which had appeared to work for about a week or two. I assumed the condensor had got a leak which is the usual suspect on the Carltons that I am more familiar with, or the compressor which was dripping oil from underneath.  Now it seems that the system was still fully pressurised, and so far there is no evidence of green dye around any joints.  The compressor was soaked in oil from a fairly big engine oil leak from the exhaust cam seals and cam cover gaskets.  I have got a new compressor, condensor and drier to fit, but what else can be tested or changed to guarantee a nice cold flow when the warmer weather arrives. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Carlton 3.6 Track Car
Omega 3.2 MV6 Fred
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.