Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Women drivers Saudi Arabia  (Read 3373 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Women drivers Saudi Arabia
« on: 25 June 2018, 08:12:41 »

Good that they are now allowed to drove again after decades.

But from midnight? What a daft time - they would all be lagged up  ::)
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: Women drivers Saudi Arabia
« Reply #1 on: 25 June 2018, 08:17:59 »

I await our lord opti's response,it will be measured and correct, and I fear Lizzie will disagree,,, Fight fight. :)
Hoof'land storeman.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 June 2018, 10:30:48 »

I await our lord opti's response,it will be measured and correct, and I fear Lizzie will disagree,,, Fight fight. :)

If I held the reins of power I would only allow women to drive if supervised by their husband. Women require guidance. :)

I would also limit women to cars of no more than 1100cc and producing no more than 50 BHP.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 June 2018, 10:53:52 »

If I held the reins of power I would only allow women to drive if supervised by their husband. Women require guidance. :)

I would also limit women to cars of no more than 1100cc and producing no more than 50 BHP.

Is there such a thing?

A friend used to work as the accountant for a small Leicester company. He had a company BMW which workers could use if they needed to go somewhere on works business. Apparently it had a speed limiter which he used to leave on. ;D ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

aaronjb

« Reply #4 on: 25 June 2018, 11:13:47 »

Is there such a thing?

Even the 1.0 Smart is putting out 71bhp now.. the previous gen 0.8 diesel was 54bhp, too.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 June 2018, 11:21:46 »

Is there such a thing?

Even the 1.0 Smart is putting out 71bhp now.. the previous gen 0.8 diesel was 54bhp, too.

It goes without saying that the cars would need to be restricted in some way.

Even 50 BHP would be enough for a big shunt. :)

aaronjb

« Reply #6 on: 25 June 2018, 11:25:42 »

Is there such a thing?

I drove a last gen 1.0 Smart on Saturday - trust me, it would take a long time to wind it up fast enough! (Unless it was simply a dodgy example) The 1.0 Skoda CitiGo I drove on Sunday felt far peppier, though the manual gearbox might have helped, there.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 June 2018, 11:28:47 »

Is there such a thing?

I drove a last gen 1.0 Smart on Saturday - trust me, it would take a long time to wind it up fast enough! (Unless it was simply a dodgy example) The 1.0 Skoda CitiGo I drove on Sunday felt far peppier, though the manual gearbox might have helped, there.

Don't even contemplate changing your car for one of these. :)

You're a long time dead. ;)
« Last Edit: 25 June 2018, 11:34:21 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

aaronjb

« Reply #8 on: 25 June 2018, 11:40:08 »

At that point it was a possible car for L ;) though she'll only have an auto license, and true to form, Skoda didn't have any cars to test drive that were of the actual spec we'd consider ::) seems like they expect people to buy sight-unseen these days.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 June 2018, 11:45:09 »

Is there such a thing?

My Roadster is 700cc & produces 80bhp
My Fortwo is a turbo'd 1000cc & produces 84bhp   :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 June 2018, 11:52:12 »

At that point it was a possible car for L ;) though she'll only have an auto license, and true to form, Skoda didn't have any cars to test drive that were of the actual spec we'd consider ::) seems like they expect people to buy sight-unseen these days.

It's all about upselling. You want a basic item of transport... Think Fiesta Popular 1.0

If they then take you out for a test drive in a 1.4 Ghia or an XR2 with aircon and a sunroof, the chances are, they will sell you a much more expensive car from stock than the one you actually want... And it's only £25 a week more ::)

If they cannot provide a demonstrator in the spec you want, then you should be able to demand a hefty discount... Like, I don't know, waiving the Superb exit penalties ;)

Good luck with that, but don't ask etc, etc...
« Last Edit: 25 June 2018, 12:02:49 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25 June 2018, 12:05:10 »

Well, you couldn't possibly expect them to fudge their production numbers in order to have a demonstrator fleet... ::)

The automatic automobile is like a gift from the Gods for any girlie.

No clutch.....no gears. So no need to be in the correct gear. :y Much more time to apply their 'lippy' as they drive. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25 June 2018, 12:09:34 »

Is there such a thing?

84 BHP from 1000 cc Turbo. :-\......not overly impressive.

In the bike world they manage 200 BHP per litre without a turbo. :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 25 June 2018, 12:29:48 »

I thought the idea was to promote progress in Saudi ?  :-\ :D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25 June 2018, 12:34:35 »

Is there such a thing?

84 BHP from 1000 cc Turbo. :-\ ......not overly impressive.

Try that 200hp in a  vehicle that weighs more than 300kg loaded and you'll realise that how the power(torque actually) is generated is important.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 25 June 2018, 12:55:33 »

Is there such a thing?

Play on words,  :D
Hoof'land storeman.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25 June 2018, 13:02:53 »

Well, you couldn't possibly expect them to fudge their production numbers in order to have a demonstrator fleet... ::)

No clutch.....no gears. So no need to be in the correct gear. :y Much more time to apply their 'lippy' as they drive. :)

:o :o :o :o :o :o

Real women like me can drive vehicles requiring double de-clutching, as woman did during the two wars when in charge of army and other lorries.  Our brains have the sensitivity to judge the sound of the engine and revs to move between gears without a sync gearbox ;D ;D ;)

As for Saudi, I and other women of the world will only celebrate when the women who protested and fought for this change in the law are realised from prison.  It is disgusting that we in the west are still trading with this country that denies so many, men and women, their due human rights.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 June 2018, 13:22:36 »

Real women like me can drive vehicles requiring double de-clutching, as woman did during the two wars when in charge of army and other lorries.  Our brains have the sensitivity to judge the sound of the engine and revs to move between gears without a sync gearbox ;D ;D ;)

As for Saudi, I and other women of the world will only celebrate when the women who protested and fought for this change in the law are realised from prison.  It is disgusting that we in the west are still trading with this country that denies so many, men and women, their due human rights.

Spot on. Worse still, the West is fighting a proxy war with Iran in Yemen by supporting the Saudis. very little in our media  about the plight of the ordinary Yemenis or indeed the continued suffering in Syria with the latest bombings- this time in the south

Forgot to add. Saudi women still have to have permission from a man to get a passport or leave the country. Plus of course permission from a man to get married. The new ruler is doing alright in his efforts to modernise. Lets hope he keeps it up.
« Last Edit: 25 June 2018, 13:24:41 by Varche »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 25 June 2018, 13:43:23 »

Spot on. Worse still, the West is fighting a proxy war with Iran in Yemen by supporting the Saudis. very little in our media  about the plight of the ordinary Yemenis or indeed the continued suffering in Syria with the latest bombings- this time in the south

Forgot to add. Saudi women still have to have permission from a man to get a passport or leave the country. Plus of course permission from a man to get married. The new ruler is doing alright in his efforts to modernise. Lets hope he keeps it up.

We sell Saudi a shit load of weapons........so we look the other way on this one. ::)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25 June 2018, 14:36:30 »

If we stopped doing business with everyone who didn't agree with our standards on human rights, we would all starve.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25 June 2018, 14:56:40 »

If we stopped doing business with everyone who didn't agree with our standards on human rights, we would all starve.  ;)
Tru Dat...

Besides, people bitch an moan about places like Turkey or Morocco, yet are more than happy to go there on holiday ::)

We're nothing if not fickle :D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25 June 2018, 18:55:36 »

Tru Dat...

Besides, people bitch an moan about places like Turkey or Morocco, yet are more than happy to go there on holiday ::)

We're nothing if not fickle :D

The word hypocrisy springs to mind.
Hoof'land storeman.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 25 June 2018, 20:17:21 »

You would need to be certifiable to truly avoid having a commercial relationship with the shittier parts of the world.

That's to say living in complete isolation eating only what you could catch or grow... And speaking only to people you actually encounter.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 25 June 2018, 23:22:33 »

Is there such a thing?

84 BHP from 1000 cc Turbo. :-\......not overly impressive.

And the rest 2018 Kawasaki ZX10R 210bhp. :y Some things in life you can't have too much of: Sex, love, good luck, good health, money but most important of all bhp. :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 26 June 2018, 07:41:43 »

Many bhp's is nice,but you can have a heck of a lot of fun with little power-a 2CV for example can be a hoot to drive and can teach a lot about momentum and how to keep it.As for Saudi Arabia I say give the guy a chance he's trying to drag his country forward which can be no easy task.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.