Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sunroof failure  (Read 1064 times)

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
Sunroof failure
« on: 11 March 2015, 10:03:20 »

Hi all....

The sun roof has stopped working. I have had work done on the car, diss pack, bones, camcover gaskets, so I assume it has been disconnected from the battery.
Have tried the fuses, all seem ok...did a swap. Have also tried the reset holding the switch in for a few seconds. All windows seem to be working as they should.
I flipped off the cover and used a screwdriver to manually operate, it is not jammed.
After closing manually, then switching on the ignition, I can here the motor whirl and the sunroof sets into the correct closed position, so power must be getting to something.
The lights on the switch are all lit.
What is my next course of action please :)
I assume all roofs are the same...this one is 2.5 Elite Estate W reg :y
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Sunroof failure
« Reply #1 on: 11 March 2015, 15:42:05 »

I have seen the guide in the Maintenance section, which seems to apply to 'phantom' sunroof, which I take to be a roof that does its own thing.
Before I strip this out, could this apply to my sunroof :y
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
Re: Sunroof failure
« Reply #2 on: 11 March 2015, 16:05:00 »

I have had 'phantom sunroof' myself. I'd had the battery off, and the same issue. I sat there, and patiently held the button in for a few seconds, for nothing. Also tried moving the switch in various positions, which, again, resulted in nothing, maybe the odd 'tick' and clunk, without anything much in the way of movement. Driving down the road, I sat there and decided to give it another go, after holding it in for what seemed longer than necessary, it started to shut. Personally as you've eradicated all the other usual possibilities, it does sound like you just need to have a go a few times. Maybe trying it with engine running, if no joy, switch off, lock car, unlock, then try again, that sort of thing. Also worth trying the 'auto-close' function. Get out of car, press and hold the lock button on the remote, see if that closes it. (Having a window ajar will show you if this is working, as this will shut also)

I was at the point where I'm thinking 'ahh this is buggered, I've had it; when it just decided to work, so hold your nerve, and don't worry  :) (oh, mine's a 2.5 TD W reg, too)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.