Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Towbar Wiring  (Read 3769 times)

iwasthestig

• Omega 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
Omega Towbar Wiring
« on: 24 March 2015, 16:50:48 »

Hi guys,

im looking at buying an omega specific towbar wiring kit but i'm not too sure whether it will fit my car, it says i need a "prepared 12x connector with violet secondary interlocking".

my question is what does this plug look like and will it fit my car?

any replies greatly appreciated

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Towbar-wiring-kit-7-pin-spec-VAUXHALL-OPEL-Omega-B-Caravan-03-94-07-03-manual-/251840553197?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Model%3AOmega+B&hash=item3aa2dde0ed

05omegav6

Re: Omega Towbar Wiring
« Reply #1 on: 24 March 2015, 17:06:11 »

Ring FG Barnes in Guildford and buy part number 93165099, £25.25 plus postage :y

iwasthestig

• Omega 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 March 2015, 17:32:04 »

that you very much for your reply, i phoned my local dealer they said £70 odd and FG Barnes said it was £60 odd, was that £25.25 trade by any chance lol? ;)

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 24 March 2015, 17:37:35 »

Tell them not to be so daft... it's their advertised price on carpartsconnexion :y

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 March 2015, 21:54:31 »

Tell them not to be so daft... it's their advertised price on carpartsconnexion :y
Think it has to be purchased thro carparts connexion website linky,thingy Al. :y
Hoof'land storeman.

05omegav6

« Reply #5 on: 24 March 2015, 21:56:29 »

Think it has to be purchased thro carparts connexion website linky,thingy Al. :y
Nah... just ring, tell them that's where you saw it and they'll honour it. If you get any nonsense just ask for the parts manager :y

iwasthestig

• Omega 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 March 2015, 22:35:41 »

i ordered it today, they refused to honor the price but i haggled at the local steelers and got them down too trade price which is £45.

thanks for all your input gents :)

05omegav6

« Reply #7 on: 25 March 2015, 22:40:09 »

Nice one :y that's about half price... just for asking the question 8)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 March 2015, 22:43:49 »

don't forget that if you use the socket in the boot, it assumes that the brakes are fed via a trailer check 'relay' that lives up front (above driver's feet or behind glove box - I can't remember now) Part number is about somewhere on the (old) site if you look  ;)

05omegav6

« Reply #9 on: 25 March 2015, 22:47:13 »

don't forget that if you use the socket in the boot, it assumes that the brakes are fed via a trailer check 'relay' that lives up front (above driver's feet or behind glove box - I can't remember now) Part number is about somewhere on the (old) site if you look  ;)
You mean the flashguard unit? 93165103, again FG Barnes list it at £26.12 plus post, against £103.39 rrp...

Seven pin socket is plug and play to rear lights... GM kit op has acquired has full instructions along with everything to make the plugs for the connections... takes about half an hour to fit with no complications :y
« Last Edit: 25 March 2015, 22:50:46 by Taxi Al »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 March 2015, 22:53:57 »

You mean the flashguard unit? 93165103, again FG Barnes list it at £26.12 plus post, against £103.39 rrp...

Seven pin socket is plug and play to rear lights... GM kit op has acquired has full instructions along with everything to make the plugs for the connections... takes about half an hour to fit with no complications :y

No ...... it wasn't that much.  ???

I'll be back ........   ;)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25 March 2015, 23:01:12 »

but the yellow/black brake lights wire is fed via a relay base up front, so either a trailer check 'relay' needs fitting or the yellow/black wires in the relay base need bridging to feed the socket in the rear of the car.

05omegav6

« Reply #13 on: 26 March 2015, 00:09:00 »

There is another box for check control, but my car doesn't have check control fitted, so alot more straightforward...
Point is the instructions for the genuine kit cover all the options, making the whole thing a doddle, and not a scothblock in sight (or hidden) :y

iwasthestig

• Omega 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28 March 2015, 12:51:23 »

My wiring loom turned up today, went out too go and fit it and it turns out its the wrong one for my car, this one plugs into the back of the light cluster but the plugs don't match, pretty sure it's for a saloon :(
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.