Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Repair or replace  (Read 4071 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Repair or replace
« Reply #15 on: 07 March 2019, 00:58:11 »

Does Freecycle still exist?  :-\

I furnished a flat from there a few years ago.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 March 2019, 15:10:51 »

After I bought my house, funds were very tight so I bought 2nd hand white goods, fridge was a great buy that did me well, washing machine was not when I did a white wash and it stuck on the part with the element on, boiled off the water and carbonated the clothes. >:( >:( >:( Said I would never buy 2nd hand again, until a good friend of my wife had a new fitted kitchen with inbuilt washing machine, so needed to get rid of a nearly new one. Bought the Indeset for £30 to replace my troublesome all singing & dancing electronic top of the range Hoover one and TBH it has done us proud. :y :y :y

Had a good last 12 months income wise, so no problem with getting a new £450 Samsung washing machine with the added dropped clothes sock flap, so one less excuse for SWMBO on missed dropped socks/hankies/underwear. :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 March 2019, 17:26:30 »

Modern Indeshit generally aren't repairable (or need replacement drum for the bearings), so if old one is still serviceable, fix it.

Modern eco wank machines are too slow and too ineffective anyway
Grumpy old man

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 March 2019, 17:55:24 »

Considering doing the laundry[among other things]is seen as a pink job TB seems to know an awful lot about the subject ??? ??? Is there something he's not telling us ::) ;D ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 March 2019, 18:29:21 »

Considering doing the laundry[among other things]is seen as a pink job TB seems to know an awful lot about the subject ??? ??? Is there something he's not telling us ::) ;D ;D
Blue job to fix 'em after she breaks 'em.

But I cant fix our current machine (or the previous one) without her help, as the buttons and instructions are full of meaningless words.  And apparently the longest, hottest wash is often incorrect she tells me.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #20 on: 07 March 2019, 18:59:42 »

Our (my) washing machine has 18 programs. I use 2, one for washing 'normal' things and one for washing her suits and trousers and jumpers. Not complicated at all.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08 March 2019, 07:09:10 »

On most washing machines, non-fast colours, colours & whites covers all the bases & an extra spin if you want them to dry a bit quicker. You can make the mistake of trying woolens for a slow gentle wash once and when it still hasn't quite finished a week later you don't make that mistake again. ::) ::) ::) But I will defer to the pink job OOF expert TB where he knows better. :P :P :P

Unfortunately, I consider everything repairable apart from the program unit which is making funny extra clicking noises during the spin cycle, with no motor connection. It is not the brushes as the wash speed is fine. Having said that, years a go a friend ran a business fixing program units, so I used a cheap exchange one to fix my parents Hoover automatic. Took about 10 minutes to swap them over. But Indesit don't even list the part as a new or exchange unit, not that it would be a sensible economic route to go. :(

I agree on the lack of bearing replacement where modern drums are glued, rather than bolted, together, so you have to replace it as a £150-200 unit, which realistic probably makes it uneconomic, but there come a point when you have to replace an old machine. :-[ :-[ :-[
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

aaronjb

« Reply #22 on: 08 March 2019, 09:48:37 »

And apparently the longest, hottest wash is often incorrect she tells me.

Nah it's fine.

You just get to recycle your clothes as clothes for your offsprings/nephews Action Men afterward. ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08 March 2019, 19:13:27 »

Our (my) washing machine has 18 programs. I use 2, one for washing 'normal' things and one for washing her suits and trousers and jumpers. Not complicated at all.
Can you explain? Me no understandie…

Seems very hard. Too much for the stupid kid from the local comp.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 08 March 2019, 19:21:55 »

Ask Mrs TB ;)

You can report back once the swelling has subsided if it helps...
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #25 on: 08 March 2019, 19:53:27 »

I'm a bit like that with car repairs. Give me pushing a button any day.  :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11 March 2019, 19:23:35 »

Ask Mrs TB ;)

Her sarcastic reply was that I'm simply too stupid to understand the one with the round window.
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #27 on: 12 March 2019, 08:44:52 »

Her sarcastic reply was that I'm simply too stupid to understand the one with the round window.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 March 2019, 15:53:54 »

Ask Mrs TB ;)

Your difficulties with round windows are understandable, where allegedly, Jackanory round window children's stories made Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy easy to follow in comparison. ::) ::) ::) :P :P :P
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.