Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Second Referendum  (Read 17959 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Second Referendum
« Reply #60 on: 27 February 2019, 17:30:47 »

"Boadicea" came about as a mis-reading of the original document; it IS Boudica and the erudie Dr. Opti is correct. :y 8)

Ron.

Yes....Boudica is correct. Perhaps in around AD 60 in what is now named Liverpool they called her something else. ::) ::) ::)

Rumour has it she was worried the scousers would nick the wheels off her chariot. ;)

She has various spellings for her name, Boudicca is one, with Boadicea and Boudica as the others, which scholars, historians and archaeologists use as their wish! :D ;)

STEMO

« Reply #61 on: 27 February 2019, 17:37:14 »

"Boadicea" came about as a mis-reading of the original document; it IS Boudica and the erudie Dr. Opti is correct. :y 8)

Ron.

Yes....Boudica is correct. Perhaps in around AD 60 in what is now named Liverpool they called her something else. ::) ::) ::)

Rumour has it she was worried the scousers would nick the wheels off her chariot. ;)

She has various spellings for her name, Boudicca is one, with Boadicea and Boudica as the others, which scholars, historians and archaeologists use as their wish! :D ;)
I know, Lizzie, but there's just no educating some people.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 27 February 2019, 17:38:52 »

Ron.

I know, Lizzie, but there's just no educating some people.

;D ;D ;D ;)

STEMO

« Reply #63 on: 27 February 2019, 17:42:00 »

I hoped that you would have realised that the "typo" was deliberate, for comic effect.
A Londoner would have understood.....

Ron.
I did understand. Hence the lack of a piss taking smiley.
There are no Londoners, not in London anyway. It's been sold to the Arabs and Russians.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 27 February 2019, 17:47:34 »

Hang on a minute. 

Did lies get told by people supporting leaving Europe ? Yes

Did rules of money spending get broken by leave support organisations ? Yes

Are the general public still too stupid to be allowed to make a decision on the future ?

I honestly think the first referendum was ill thought out.  Anyone over 60 shouldn't have been allowed to vote on their grand kids future.  The percentage required to leave should have been at least 75%.

Do i think that a second referendum is a good idea?  Well given that it's suddenly very clear what the future looks like, so I'd ask what the Brexiters are scared of?

If the future looks better out of Europe, despite the lies they told, then they'll win hands down wont they?

what is clear to me is that Cameron, Farage and Johnson should be held accountable for their actions and come the revolution they'll be first to have British Citizenship revoked, (just after Sajid Javid is deported to Eastern Europe.  When I say east I mean Syria)

In conclusion - we are fFuUUckkkeeed
.                                               You should be fFuUuckkkeeed with a wire brush. What a load of drivel, I’ve a good idea of one person who shouldn’t have been allowed to vote! What a tool.
Laying a rubber road.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 28 February 2019, 11:42:57 »

Maybe the Norwegians know something that some in the UK don't ?
https://www.westmonster.com/1-trillion-sovereign-wealth-fund-backs-brexit-britains-future1/
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 28 February 2019, 11:56:20 »

https://www.westmonster.com/1-trillion-sovereign-wealth-fund-backs-brexit-britains-future1/
Probably closer to the reality of life after EU than the cries of despair that we've been force fed so far...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 28 February 2019, 12:20:55 »

Excellent, and down the page there’s the article about Farage standing up for the uk again, more new like this being put in the news/ public domain we need of course, but unfortunately it looks like the remainers and scaremongers have the monopoly there. Didn’t even know about this until I saw it here like most I guess, it’s a crying shame.
Laying a rubber road.

STEMO

« Reply #68 on: 28 February 2019, 13:00:55 »

They are investing because everything is so cheap. They are working a 30 year plan and are willing to risk that things will be better by then. This is not the type of investment I want to see. If we're going to go it alone, inward investment is what we need. No point in any future uptick if all the money goes to a foreign investment fund, we need it going to our treasury, or ploughed back into our companies.

STEMO

« Reply #69 on: 28 February 2019, 13:02:44 »

Did I mention I'm not keen on foreigners?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 28 February 2019, 13:13:10 »

Valid points, but it does rather seem that the only people not ready for Brexit are our Government and Brussels  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 28 February 2019, 14:30:03 »

They are investing because everything is so cheap. They are working a 30 year plan and are willing to risk that things will be better by then. This is not the type of investment I want to see. If we're going to go it alone, inward investment is what we need. No point in any future uptick if all the money goes to a foreign investment fund, we need it going to our treasury, or ploughed back into our companies.

You are no doubt right on at least some points, but it does show they have confidence in the UK, which many of its politicians don't.
Happily, it looks like the French might inadvertently help us out by blocking an extension to article 50, because they wont complete capitulation before they will allow us to do that.  :)
Meanwhile our good friends in the Republic of Ireland, have been impounding British fishing boats by using their navy to force them to stop fishing in Irish waters, even though their boats are allowed to fish in British waters.
Ive always said they are a hostile country, always have been and should be treated as such.  >:(
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-47401104

Meanwhile, immigration is on the rise again.  ::)
Oh for a Govt. which actually cares about, and stands up for our country, as others do for their countries.  :(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 28 February 2019, 15:10:45 »

Reading between the lines it appears the Dickensian undertaker is softening his approach to Brexit.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 28 February 2019, 15:18:53 »

Reading between the lines it appears the Dickensian undertaker is softening his approach to Brexit.

He's got an "approach"? :o
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 28 February 2019, 15:24:05 »

He's got an "approach"? :o

I think he is coming to the conclusion that a 'proper brexit'  is unlikely. Anyone for Brino? :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.