Author Topic: Sky  (Read 4889 times)

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
Sky
« on: 03 March 2019, 14:17:05 »

2 years ago after a long boring negotiation I agreed a deal with Sky with which I was very happy and I said at the time if you try this horse trading again I will just leave.

So my deal is set to go from £82.50 to £150. Immediately cancelled everything for 31 days hence. They then come back with £120 but I have now made my decision.

Shame because I like the Sky system but do not need to pay a premium for this.

I will go to EETV at £38 all in including 20gb monthly data boost (for mobile phone) as this will meet our needs and I already have EETV with fibre unlimited in another property.

[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Sky
« Reply #1 on: 03 March 2019, 14:25:29 »

Every once in a while I get bored and decide to sign up to SKY for a year. After a week or two I remember why I binned it previously - its just more channels filled with utter shite, that you need to scroll through, in the hopeless search for something decent to watch. 
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 03 March 2019, 14:31:40 »

I am, at present, paying sky, £57 for a package that should be £90ish. This 'discount' ends in September and, if they don't let me keep the price, I will cancel my subscription too.
I've got an 18 month package with BT. £29.99 for unlimited, high speed fibre and BT sport for free. After the 18 months, the internet goes up to £54 and BT sport is £27.50 a month. You can guess what's gonna happen there as well.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 March 2019, 15:00:48 »

I am, at present, paying sky, £57 for a package that should be £90ish. This 'discount' ends in September and, if they don't let me keep the price, I will cancel my subscription too.
I've got an 18 month package with BT. £29.99 for unlimited, high speed fibre and BT sport for free. After the 18 months, the internet goes up to £54 and BT sport is £27.50 a month. You can guess what's gonna happen there as well.

Not if you ring them up Steve and negotiate hard.  They are all wanting your business, and I just use the fact of "going elsewhere" and BT keep my prices down to where I want them.If BT have given you that package at those prices for 18 months they can do it again!

However I did drop the BT tv package some time ago when I purchased new televisions that give me Freeview Play and full catch up on all the programmes I am ever going to be interested in.  As already said, with all the 'packages' you get a load of crap channels that you never watch, so just spend another £30 per month roughly for the privilege. ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 March 2019, 15:36:22 »

Five channels plus about another hundred on Freeview is enough for me.

....but then I'm not made of money like some. :)

nellys coupe

• buckinghamshire
    • hyundai coupe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 March 2019, 16:43:43 »

ive ditched sky about a year ago know found them to expensive. then when they put there prices up when discovery nearly pulled from sky. that was enough for me, >:(
coupe rebuild master

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 March 2019, 17:11:54 »

Not if you ring them up Steve and negotiate hard.  They are all wanting your business, and I just use the fact of "going elsewhere" and BT keep my prices down to where I want them.If BT have given you that package at those prices for 18 months they can do it again!

However I did drop the BT tv package some time ago when I purchased new televisions that give me Freeview Play and full catch up on all the programmes I am ever going to be interested in. As already said, with all the 'packages' you get a load of crap channels that you never watch, so just spend another £30 per month roughly for the privilege. ;)

Even if the largest most comprehensive Sky package was £20 P/M I'd still tell them to shove it up their arse. As you say, Lizzie, most of it is utter shite.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 March 2019, 17:16:10 »

I'm with Lord Opti on this one as apart from the BBC TV Tax I won't pay for TV.  :)

Although at the moment my reception has got so bad that I can only watch a couple of channels, so I think I need to pull down my aerials and replace all the co-ax.  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 March 2019, 17:22:52 »

I'm with Lord Opti on this one as apart from the BBC TV Tax I won't pay for TV.  :)

Although at the moment my reception has got so bad that I can only watch a couple of channels, so I think I need to pull down my aerials and replace all the co-ax.  :-\

I sincerely hope you don't 'pull down' other things while watching Babestation..........which is free to view. ;D

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 March 2019, 17:24:34 »

If you have a SKY dish,box and wiring ,you can buy a freeview card for about £5 ,IF you have poor Ariel reception  :y
won't allow you to record or watch premium channels but it is an alternative to a new Ariel and  wiring  :y
I pay for sky , but not got sky Q because my old 2TB box allows me to use magic eye links , sky Q requires extra boxes and subscriptions  :(

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 March 2019, 17:31:54 »

I sincerely hope you don't 'pull down' other things while watching Babestation..........which is free to view. ;D

Too much silicone on Babestation for my liking  ::) , but it matters not as the girls are completely pixelated so no tissues required!  :D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03 March 2019, 17:33:16 »

If you have a SKY dish,box and wiring ,you can buy a freeview card for about £5 ,IF you have poor Ariel reception  :y
won't allow you to record or watch premium channels but it is an alternative to a new Ariel and  wiring  :y
I pay for sky , but not got sky Q because my old 2TB box allows me to use magic eye links , sky Q requires extra boxes and subscriptions  :(

No chavvy Sky dish here!  :o  I think there's a covenant or sonething...  :-\  ;D

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03 March 2019, 17:44:12 »

No chavvy Sky dish here!  :o  I think there's a covenant or sonething...  :-\  ;D
I got one stuck on my 1888 victorian house , so has everyone else round here  ;D
probably not period correct but better than the spalling render, stone cladding and peeling paint that some have stuck up  ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03 March 2019, 18:22:53 »

Too much silicone on Babestation for my liking  ::) , but it matters not as the girls are completely pixelated so no tissues required! :D

Ahhhhhhhhhh. How sweet. You obviously get very emotional and tearful when listening to them..................

;D ;D ;D  ;D ;D ;)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03 March 2019, 18:46:29 »

Every once in a while I get bored and decide to sign up to SKY for a year. After a week or two I remember why I binned it previously - its just more channels filled with utter shite, that you need to scroll through, in the hopeless search for something decent to watch.

.. and that's on the rare bits that happen in-between the adverts. ::)

Anyone would think they were funding the content by selling advertising and just pocketing the monthly fee from those mugs who pay it. >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.