Author Topic: OCD  (Read 4559 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
OCD
« on: 08 March 2019, 18:36:13 »

I have a thing where every so often I have double check that I've locked the door.  ::)  Often it's just as I've got in the car and about to drive away.  Sometimes I'm a little down the road and have to go back and check.  :(

This evening I was about 3 or 4 miles down the road when the little voice piped up "F@ck did I lock the door?!"  I tried to reason with myself, but it was no good I had to turn around go back and check.  Of course I had locked the bloody door!  :D

Anyone else get this?  ???

Can anything be done or am I getting as senile as Lord Opti?  :-\  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: OCD
« Reply #1 on: 08 March 2019, 18:45:51 »

No

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 March 2019, 18:47:32 »

Stop being an old woman. :)

2boxerdogs

« Reply #3 on: 08 March 2019, 18:55:14 »

I was very similar till I did a mindfulness course through work, in simple we do things on " autopilot" it's simple with things like doors simply think feel the metal in my hand when locking believe me it works, if you can read about it mindfulness very simple but very interesting & useful.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 March 2019, 18:55:51 »

just check the front door handle 10 times before you get in your car  :y
you'll be cured in no time  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 March 2019, 19:14:16 »

Sounds perfectly normal to me. As is naming all your tools.
Grumpy old man

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 March 2019, 19:39:27 »

I do that,"did I lock the door"? of course I did I always do! It's no good I have to go back and check-and so far I always have locked it!

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 March 2019, 19:44:39 »

Guy across the road has a form of OCD. He stands in front of his closed front door and pats it about twenty times with the palm of his hand. He is a very nice man but very quiet and timid. You are not alone Tigger, i sometimes  get upstairs at bedtime then think, have i, haven,t i, go back down and yes, the damn thing is locked. ;D

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 08 March 2019, 19:56:13 »

We all do the door lock thingy, but usually before we leave home.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 March 2019, 19:58:03 »

I have a thing where every so often I have double check that I've locked the door.  ::)  Often it's just as I've got in the car and about to drive away.  Sometimes I'm a little down the road and have to go back and check.  :(

This evening I was about 3 or 4 miles down the road when the little voice piped up "F@ck did I lock the door?!"  I tried to reason with myself, but it was no good I had to turn around go back and check.  Of course I had locked the bloody door!  :D

Yep, happens to me all the time. Indeed it happened to me this morning. Senior moments I reckon  ::) ::)

The strange one for me though will always be the time my husband was driving us towards London for a short weekend break on a Friday evening at about 1900 in the evening I had a terrible feeling that something was wrong, but I didn't know why.

We returned home late on the Sunday to find our home had been burgled. The police said a number of houses had been broken into on the Friday evening, AT AROUND the 1900 time! :o :o

Our brains are strange devices! ;)

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 08 March 2019, 20:00:20 »

Yep, happens to me all the time. Indeed it happened to me this morning. Senior moments I reckon  ::) ::)

The strange one for me though will always be the time my husband was driving us towards London for a short weekend break on a Friday evening at about 1900 in the evening I had a terrible feeling that something was wrong, but I didn't know why.

We returned home late on the Sunday to find our home had been burgled. The police said a number of houses had been broken into on the Friday evening, AT AROUND the 1900 time! :o :o

Some are stranger than others.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08 March 2019, 20:02:06 »

Could be worse, we often leave the keys in the door when we go out

We will never make it if we have to live back in the real world.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08 March 2019, 20:32:29 »

Remember Edie, in "Last of the Summer Wine"?  ;D

Ron.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 March 2019, 10:46:32 »

OCD is a form of anxiety.

Some people take it to the extreme. Always having to do the same thing in the same way for the same number of times. If they don't they are sure 'something bad will happen'

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 March 2019, 11:28:12 »

Some are stranger than others.

Yep indeed, no arguments there. :D :y

The human brain and the spirit that lurks somewhere in it is one amazing thing.  I will always wonder about the claim that we use just 10% of it's potential capacity.  How much more could we achieve if we knew how to use it?  Would the average human be more dangerous, or be a source of the answers required to bring about peace across the world?

OCD, ADHD, phobias, and all the other ailments of our brains shows how it can misfire like our cars going on only two cylinders. But that is what makes us so interesting as a species.  We are unpredictable and can be so constructive with our imaginations, although that can of course work in reverse and cause utter destruction! As we (I) get older you find that habits being set in concrete, and repeated actions somehow comfort you.  Reassurance becomes ever so important in our lives as we become physically weaker and strangely not so confident of what is going on in the world.  Is that as a result of 'life learning' or degeneration of the brain / mind?  ;)

The human brain has much more to reveal, and without going into too much personal detail that could well / will ( ::) ::) ::) ;D) be ridiculed on here, I know there are other dimensions that on occasions we will "touch" or, in my experience, will "touch" us.  At times like that it will indicate that we know nothing yet and there is far more to be educated in.

« Last Edit: 09 March 2019, 11:29:48 by Lizzie Zoom »
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.