Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Stairs and landing carpet  (Read 3252 times)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: Stairs and landing carpet
« Reply #15 on: 13 March 2019, 19:33:56 »

Make sure the new carpet is Teflon coated, so if you have a leakage, or the wippet piddles on it, will clean easy.
Hoof'land storeman.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 March 2019, 23:43:53 »

We've just had a new stairs and landing carpet. Wanted a stripy one until the carpet fitter took a look at our stair case and assured us that we didn't because none of it will match around the staggered steps. ;D

My wallet has been lightened to a rather greater degree than STEMO's though. Maybe I need to move to Barnsley? Once I've had some wear out of this carpet, natch. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 14 March 2019, 00:45:25 »

Make sure the new carpet is Teflon coated, so if you have a leakage, or the wippet piddles on it, will clean easy.

I'm sure it will have been Scotch Guarded & if not it will be Liverpool guarded with a baseball bat. :o :P
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

2boxerdogs

« Reply #18 on: 14 March 2019, 08:51:36 »

Know the feeling bedroom 4 being carpeted next week & of course new bed & bedroom furniture , it's only money.

STEMO

« Reply #19 on: 14 March 2019, 11:01:18 »

We've just had a new stairs and landing carpet. Wanted a stripy one until the carpet fitter took a look at our stair case and assured us that we didn't because none of it will match around the staggered steps. ;D

My wallet has been lightened to a rather greater degree than STEMO's though. Maybe I need to move to Barnsley? Once I've had some wear out of this carpet, natch. ::)
Are you paying them to lift the old carpet and underlay (and a million tacks and staples)? That's what I've been doing this morning, just got back from the tip.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 14 March 2019, 18:38:21 »

Yes, they did take away the old stuff and replace the underlay. Don't remember them charging for that, but I'm sure I paid one way or the other. ;)

Was too knee deep in decorating to amass enough arsed-ness to take the old one to the tip. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 14 March 2019, 19:14:47 »

We bought a hall stairs and landing carpet for a Buy to let last February.  Apparently the place we go sells lots of grey carpet to landlords with a 10 year guarantee. You can even clean it with bleach. £180 with underlay. Took 3 blokes 1.5 hours to fit.  I had removed the old one though.

STEMO

« Reply #22 on: 14 March 2019, 20:17:36 »

We bought a hall stairs and landing carpet for a Buy to let last February.  Apparently the place we go sells lots of grey carpet to landlords with a 10 year guarantee. You can even clean it with bleach. £180 with underlay. Took 3 blokes 1.5 hours to fit.  I had removed the old one though.
I wasn't that fussy on a grey, industrial grade carpet, strangely enough.

aaronjb

« Reply #23 on: 15 March 2019, 08:56:13 »

We went to view a house in a nearby village this week and the first thing I thought on walking in was "God that's a nice carpet, I wonder where they got it from"

I must be getting old  :( :'(

STEMO

« Reply #24 on: 15 March 2019, 12:59:28 »

Carpet fitter is here, and is interfering with my daily Bargain Hunt. I've offered him coffee but he says he must get on. If he goes out to his van, the wind may blow the front door shut.  ::)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 15 March 2019, 13:52:26 »

Carpet fitter is here, and is interfering with my daily Bargain Hunt. I've offered him coffee but he says he must get on. If he goes out to his van, the wind may blow the front door shut.  ::)

No biscuits or bacon butty  :-\
will you be putting your own nails in the stair treads then to hold the carpet in place  ;D

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 16 March 2019, 19:23:32 »

Finished nailing the carpet down yet Uncle Stemo  :-\
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.