Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3015872 times)

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #17880 on: 16 February 2019, 10:51:52 »

Was told of a Headlight Range warning.

*sigh*
I have a complete working HID setup here (with MV6 attached ;)) if that helps.........
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17881 on: 16 February 2019, 10:54:08 »

*sigh*
Shame there's not an Omega owners club ,with members familiar with the problem ,and if someone had a 3D printer ,they could manufacture and sell a kit (bracket to hold the arm from popping off,plus a link rod replacement and a standard,off the shelf, metal nipple to screw to the wishbone) or a similar kit for the rear level sensor . :-\
I'd buy one  ;D

Using a hacksaw you could cut a new arm from a scrap of metal, in a fraction of the time you'd spend just modelling a new arm. Ball seats, or complete new joints are a couple of quid each. THESE are an expensive, but easy, way to buy them.

It would be even easier to file  a clip from a scrap of spring steel to retain the original worn seat,just like the wiper linkage repair clips on Ebay. The metal banding used for securing heavy stuff to pallets is a good source.

Both are standard repair techniques practised by proper mechanics for decades.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17882 on: 16 February 2019, 11:39:46 »

*sigh*
Shame there's not an Omega owners club ,with members familiar with the problem ,and if someone had a 3D printer ,they could manufacture and sell a kit (bracket to hold the arm from popping off,plus a link rod replacement and a standard,off the shelf, metal nipple to screw to the wishbone) or a similar kit for the rear level sensor . :-\
I'd buy one  ;D

Using a hacksaw you could cut a new arm from a scrap of metal, in a fraction of the time you'd spend just modelling a new arm. Ball seats, or complete new joints are a couple of quid each. THESE are an expensive, but easy, way to buy them.

It would be even easier to file  a clip from a scrap of spring steel to retain the original worn seat,just like the wiper linkage repair clips on Ebay. The metal banding used for securing heavy stuff to pallets is a good source.

Thanks for the information  :)

just found ebay balls and threaded rod would make the link between nipples  :y
my self leveling is working currently ,and i did put plenty of grease on my balls  ;D
but ,good to know for the future .
I confess, the arm is held in with 3 cable ties currently ,(a temporary fix when I first got the Omega ) 10 months ago  ;D

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17883 on: 16 February 2019, 16:18:58 »

*sigh*
I'd buy one  ;D

Thanks for the information  :)

just found ebay balls and threaded rod would make the link between nipples  :y
my self leveling is working currently ,and i did put plenty of grease on my balls  ;D
but ,good to know for the future .
I confess, the arm is held in with 3 cable ties currently ,(a temporary fix when I first got the Omega ) 10 months ago  ;D

Ran mine for three years like that. ;D

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17884 on: 16 February 2019, 17:26:54 »

Found my coolant leak[or one of them]turns out it's leaking from the hose that goes to the radiator between the lower of the two fan thermoswitches and the drain tap.Just need to get correct size jubilee clip to fit it as the stupid sprung clip affair that Vx fitted no longer seems to be doing its job.Then test it to make sure there are no more leaks elsewhere.

STEMO

« Reply #17885 on: 16 February 2019, 19:48:11 »

Scraped the front bumper in a multi storey. Didn't quite make the sharp turn at the exit ticket machines. Hey ho.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17886 on: 16 February 2019, 20:24:46 »

Changed the oil and the spark plugs. Well, half of them, anyway. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17887 on: 17 February 2019, 16:44:31 »

Scraped the front bumper in a multi storey. Didn't quite make the sharp turn at the exit ticket machines. Hey ho.
At least you didn,t stuff into the wall like i did.  :'(

STEMO

« Reply #17888 on: 17 February 2019, 17:45:20 »

I've put a fairly large scrape on the drivers side, covers quite an area too. Missus thought I'd be livid but, you know what, I didn't really care. Not even going to get it repaired. No point, it is a mobile dog kennel which gets really shitty and covered in mud. The outside gets even worse. ;D
I'm going to run it until it's good and properly f**ked, so no need for cosmetic work.

STEMO

« Reply #17889 on: 17 February 2019, 17:47:43 »

I think it will be my last biggish buy, as well. Might as well get a £1500 estate with 12 months MOT for what I put it through.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #17890 on: 17 February 2019, 18:27:43 »

Washed & polished the Hyundai glorious weather so Ideal conditions & it's come up a treat 😀

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #17891 on: 17 February 2019, 18:40:23 »

I think it will be my last biggish buy, as well. Might as well get a £1500 estate with 12 months MOT for what I put it through.

I thought you were a staunch 'change 'em every couple of years' type of guy?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17892 on: 17 February 2019, 18:46:14 »

I've put a fairly large scrape on the drivers side, covers quite an area too. Missus thought I'd be livid but, you know what, I didn't really care. Not even going to get it repaired. No point, it is a mobile dog kennel which gets really shitty and covered in mud. The outside gets even worse. ;D
I'm going to run it until it's good and properly f**ked, so no need for cosmetic work.

Normally I'd say you are a reprobate scouser who can't drive. However, I know just how ridiculously tight the turns can be in anything larger than a Corsa.

So not your fault.

See how nice I  can be. :)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17893 on: 17 February 2019, 18:56:02 »

Plenty of choice of decent estates for sensible money :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #17894 on: 17 February 2019, 19:18:36 »

I thought you were a staunch 'change 'em every couple of years' type of guy?
I was/am. But, after 45 or so years of wasting my money driving, I think I've finally seen sense. Time will tell.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.