Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: auto gearbox not powerful when cold  (Read 9057 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: auto gearbox not powerful when cold
« Reply #45 on: 12 December 2011, 09:47:49 »

If the P0340 came back after clearing the codes then I'd change the cam sensor. Not sure what would have caused it to cut out completely, though. That might be a new problem.

I'd also check wiring to the Lambda sensor. It's complaining about the heater circuit. I'm wondering if the wiring is damaged, has shorted out and taken out the engine management fuse, for example. (hence a code reader won't talk to the ECU as it has no power)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

albitz

« Reply #46 on: 12 December 2011, 12:56:55 »

Allsounds plausible Kevin.Im hoping to get back over there this week to have another look,so that gives me a direction to go in. :y

« Last Edit: 12 December 2011, 13:00:02 by Albs »

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 12 December 2011, 21:20:19 »

Allsounds plausible Kevin.Im hoping to get back over there this week to have another look,so that gives me a direction to go in. :y
hello sir, how is the Chrismas shopping going on? I want just to let u know that I removed the timing cover to check the timing belt if it was ok, and its fine: I turned the engine no any probs, all fine. thax be blessed :)

albitz

« Reply #48 on: 12 December 2011, 21:36:36 »

Still at work so havent started Christmas shopping yet. ;D Did the engine actually start ok ?

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 13 December 2011, 16:38:49 »

Still at work so havent started Christmas shopping yet. ;D Did the engine actually start ok ?

the battery went flat so I will put it on charge to night, thax

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 14 December 2011, 17:33:49 »

Hello sir, hope ur ok. today I tried to start the car but the battery was powerless: so I tried to jump start and the car started without probs. I left the engine running for almost 20 mins it was running fine but when I swithed it off and try to restart, the battery was still powerless. as it is now the car can start.

albitz

« Reply #51 on: 14 December 2011, 18:07:19 »

I did say it needs a new battery. ;) A visit today wasnt possible. Maybe Friday or Saturday ?? Im seeing what happens on a day to day basis at the moment,and trying to find a couple of hours spare when possible.I will give you a ring when I can say for definite. :)

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 14 December 2011, 22:48:49 »

I think ur right but how cud a battery working perfectly loose power suddenly? do u think its the battery causes the stall? :-\
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.