Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2983243 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #17355 on: 01 December 2018, 14:43:02 »

Nope. The Mail actually, although only because swmbo insists on it for the nectar points or something. I just do the crossword and ignore the rest. Its gone all soft and fluffy under its new editor.  ::)
I think he is trying to capture the Grauniad readership.  ;D
Imo, all the msm is utter shite.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17356 on: 01 December 2018, 16:14:37 »

Re-lived the ice bucket challenge when I decided to reset the Jag's sunroof without checking how much water had pooled up on the roof.

Currently drying out the interior.

'dangle berries'.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #17357 on: 01 December 2018, 16:28:26 »

Yesterday - put my good spare battery on the Omega is the one fitted had given up the ghost. Drove sons Punto to the shop to get a paper then realised I had forgot to take money with me - Albseimers.  :-[
Drove back home to get money, but fuel light came on  so decided to do the return journey in the 190. Took the long scenic route to  warm the engine up, and it decided to run out of chip oil half a mile from home. Fuel gauge is stuck at half way point, and my powers of mathematic calculation, evidently aren't what they used to be.
Had some chip oil in the boot, so tipped it in, but I wasn't surprised that the battery started to run down before it started. Its a bastard to start after running out, or changing the fuel filter.
Walked the half mile home (purchasing paper on the way), collected the Omega and jump leads and drove back to the 190.
Once connected up to the Omega I was able to just turn it over for as long as it took to get it started.
Drove the Omega back home, noticing range of 7 miles showing on the display.
Walked (uphill this time) the half mile back to the 190 and drove it home.
Drove swmbo in the Omega the 7 miles to Sainsburys in a state of quiet panic hoping it wouldnt run out before we got there. It didnt. It was showing 0 miles as we drove into the petrol station, where it took 62.5 litres to fill it up. I was expecting it to take more than that. :-\
Could have been worse, at least it didnt rain. ::) ;D
Neither of our cars get much below half a tank, can't see why you'd let them get so low  :-\

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17358 on: 01 December 2018, 16:50:20 »

First car mentioned is my sons. Im not putting petrol in it.  ;D
The 190 - had no idea it was low. thought there was plenty in the tank. :-[ ::)
The Omega, almost filled it up last week, but decided to live dangerously and wait until I got paid on the 28th, and the price to drop further, which it did. Its good fun really. Stops life from getting too boring.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17359 on: 01 December 2018, 18:02:22 »

Yesterday - put my good spare battery on the Omega is the one fitted had given up the ghost. Drove sons Punto to the shop to get a paper then realised I had forgot to take money with me - Albseimers.  :-[
Drove back home to get money, but fuel light came on  so decided to do the return journey in the 190. Took the long scenic route to  warm the engine up, and it decided to run out of chip oil half a mile from home. Fuel gauge is stuck at half way point, and my powers of mathematic calculation, evidently aren't what they used to be.
Had some chip oil in the boot, so tipped it in, but I wasn't surprised that the battery started to run down before it started. Its a bastard to start after running out, or changing the fuel filter.
Walked the half mile home (purchasing paper on the way), collected the Omega and jump leads and drove back to the 190.
Once connected up to the Omega I was able to just turn it over for as long as it took to get it started.
Drove swmbo in the Omega the 7 miles to Sainsburys in a state of quiet panic hoping it wouldnt run out before we got there. It didnt. It was showing 0 miles as we drove into the petrol station, where it took 62.5 litres to fill it up. I was expecting it to take more than that. :-\

Blimey, life on the edge. ;D

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17360 on: 01 December 2018, 19:22:37 »

Yep nowt quite like the feeling you get when you're miles from a petrol station and the computer is on countdown to zero :D

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17361 on: 01 December 2018, 19:43:44 »

Two new tyres on the daily.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17362 on: 01 December 2018, 20:01:11 »

Winter ones  :-\
time for a Christmas tyre Tread

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17363 on: 01 December 2018, 20:05:22 »

Its about as close to the edge as I get these days.  :'(  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #17364 on: 01 December 2018, 20:27:21 »

Its about as close to the edge as I get these days.  :'(  ;D
Aye. The most excitement I get is farting and wondering whether I'm gonna follow through.  ;D

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17365 on: 01 December 2018, 23:24:34 »

Winter ones  :-\
time for a Christmas tyre Tread

Nope, tried and trusted Uniroyal Rainsport 3's.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #17366 on: 01 December 2018, 23:47:12 »

Bought it's replacement 8)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17367 on: 02 December 2018, 09:20:02 »

Neither of our cars get much below half a tank, can't see why you'd let them get so low  :-\
I detest queuing, then standing like a prick filling up, so to quote Nick W on another thread, I like to make the job worthwhile.

Hence, I've run out of fuel more times than I care to remember ;D
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #17368 on: 02 December 2018, 10:34:07 »

I detest queuing, then standing like a prick filling up, so to quote Nick W on another thread, I like to make the job worthwhile.

I never have to queue, and I'm ok with 90 seconds at the pump. One of the reasons I keep mine topped up is because my 89 year old mum is on her last legs and I don't want to be worrying about fuel if I get a phone call in the middle of the night.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17369 on: 02 December 2018, 13:07:18 »

I only visit a petrol station once a month, so at my age its easy to forget.  :-[ :D

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.