Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 44   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit negotiations  (Read 68996 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit negotiations
« Reply #195 on: 17 November 2018, 10:13:18 »

The fact is: We have a brexit secretary who knows eff all about brexit, and it's a bit late to be reading up on it now. So he'll run back and forth delivering messages, before the poor sap is put on the tellybox to tell us all we're f*ucked.

Yes I think that David Davies had good intentions and had a plan, but was right royally shafted by May and Oily Robbins.  >:(

Raab was just May's bag carrier and had his bottom spanked when he let his mouth run away....  ::)

I doubt the new boy will even be allowed on the EuroStar on his own.  ;D

Absolutely, as that was our real Canada+++ Brexit that David Davis was negotiating which would have mean't that the UK and EU would have kept their tariff free trade and we could have negotiated FTAs with the rest of the world, considerably boosting UK economic growth & our wealth. Remainer Tsar May her Brexit spiritual advisor Rasputin Robbins along with the establishment are determined to make sure we don't get that. If Theresa May is not deposed next week she will kill the Conservative party, which maybe Theresa 'Nasty Party' May's aim anyway. If May is not stopped by being deposed, this will be a much bigger capitulation than Chamberlain's in 1938, Suez in 1953 and only falling short of the French invasion and occupation in 1066. We will be a vassal state owned by the EU with no say on how they treat us. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I thought Heath & Major were useless PMs but Appeaser May has taken incompetitance, duplicity and continuous serial lying to a whole new level that would even make BLiar, Campbell and Mandlescum blush. Every time she opens he mouth we get a cacophony of deceit and lies.  :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Hey......come on Mr Rods. It should be all smiles from you. We are leaving the EU. :) ;) :D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 17 November 2018, 10:17:43 »

Now I don't particularly rate Ms May's abilities as PM, but I think joining the media (who are just looking for the next sensation) and calling her any name under the sun, and trying to get her to step down just because the vocal ones didn't get what they want, is in any way helpful.

A hard, no deal, exit was NEVER going to happen.  If you thought otherwise, you were suckered in. No serving parliament was ever going to let that happen, because it would leave the country in a monumental mess for generations, as agreed by virtually all credible economists, including those that political parties go to for advice.

So Ms May's government has done what any other leader or party could do, negotiate a deal where the other side holds all the aces.  Which was the will of the people. Nobody else could have achieved significantly better, as we were dealt a crap hand. Negotiations are concluded, bar minor tweaks.

So there are 3 choices on the table, non are palatable by the majority:

1) No Deal exit - not going to fly now everyone and his dog realises that "Project Fear" is the reality of this outcome.
2) The current Chequers-esque abortion deal - nobody voted for it, but now only viable option.
3) No exit - although now a real possibility, and likely the only one Parliament will let through, this sits desperately uneasy for me as it makes a mockery of democracy.

The biggest error in negotiation was the (cross party) agreement of no hard border between NI and Ireland.  There was no way, as long as you have a hole up your arse, that could ever happen, unless we remain in the EU.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 17 November 2018, 11:09:19 »

Absolutely right TB!! :y :y

I was/am a remainer and as you say, if anyone believed an exit was going to be easy and make this country great again they were very much mistaken.  The infamous £350 million per week on the Leave bus no doubt persuaded a lot to vote "leave".  The reality of the simplistic, naive thought we could leave unscathed is now being completely revealed.

As for the Referendum,  yes the result must be honoured up to a point, but when the progress of leaving is so bogged down and, so far, will give everyone grief, there must be another vote somewhere, somehow.  The young heavily supporting staying in; it is their future that could be irreversibly wrecked by what is going on now.  Honouring the vote is one thing, but wrecking the country on a principle that will greatly affect our young, is not on.

I have kept quiet on this, and other political subjects, but I think it is about time people in our Remain group (48% at the Referendum, but what would it be now??) stepped up and said enough is enough.  The PM has done the best she can in the circumstances, but now it is time for a very big re-think / vote.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 17 November 2018, 11:20:16 »

You only want a re vote because you didn't get the result you wanted :-X I didn't vote for this version of events either, but if asked again, would still vote Leave, for all the same reasons.

We are leaving the EU next March and that's that. I suspect that the EU Council will ratify the submission, probably as is, and Parliament will have no choice but to agree to it.

Let's not forget that the submission is a founding outline for the transition period and not the final view of life after EU.  ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 17 November 2018, 11:24:12 »

Absolutely right TB!! :y :y

I was/am a remainer and as you say, if anyone believed an exit was going to be easy and make this country great again they were very much mistaken.  The infamous £350 million per week on the Leave bus no doubt persuaded a lot to vote "leave".  The reality of the simplistic, naive thought we could leave unscathed is now being completely revealed.

As for the Referendum,  yes the result must be honoured up to a point, but when the progress of leaving is so bogged down and, so far, will give everyone grief, there must be another vote somewhere, somehow.  The young heavily supporting staying in; it is their future that could be irreversibly wrecked by what is going on now.  Honouring the vote is one thing, but wrecking the country on a principle that will greatly affect our young, is not on.

I have kept quiet on this, and other political subjects, but I think it is about time people in our Remain group (48% at the Referendum, but what would it be now??) stepped up and said enough is enough.  The PM has done the best she can in the circumstances, but now it is time for a very big re-think / vote.

Like you Lizzie I voted to remain. Not because I'm a fan of the EU (it is far too flawed for that) but because it seemed 'the least worst option'

Boris and his bus suggested we could have it all and there would be no negative consequences. Have our cake and eat it ....so to speak. In reality this was never going to fly.

You mention the younger generation. Most are natural Europeans and therefore remainers. The problem being that most are also bone idle and couldn't be arsed to vote. If they had voted in significant numbers the result could have gone the other way. General apathy I would say. :y :-* :-* :-* :-*

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: 17 November 2018, 11:29:43 »

The problem being that most are also bone idle and couldn't be arsed to vote. If they had voted in significant numbers the result could have gone the other way. General apathy I would say. :y :-* :-* :-* :-*

The turn out was one the biggest ever  ???

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 17 November 2018, 11:32:04 »

50% more than the previous GE is hardly overwhelming... Still far below 100% ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 17 November 2018, 11:33:22 »

The problem being that most are also bone idle and couldn't be arsed to vote. If they had voted in significant numbers the result could have gone the other way. General apathy I would say. :y :-* :-* :-* :-*

The turn out was one the biggest ever ???

I specifically refer to the turnout of 18-24 year old voters which was low. :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 17 November 2018, 11:38:47 »

50% more than the previous GE is hardly overwhelming... Still far below 100% ::)

A quick Google suggested it was 70% odd ....  :-\

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 17 November 2018, 11:39:12 »

:y OK

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 17 November 2018, 11:39:53 »

I mean, if decrepit old farts  like STMO, Albs and Rods can drag their worn out corpse of a body to the polling station what is the excuse for younger people. :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 17 November 2018, 11:49:26 »

I mean, if decrepit old farts  like STMO, Albs and Rods can drag their worn out corpse of a body to the polling station what is the excuse for younger people. :)

I'm young and I managed to drag my sorry arse out of my stinking pit to go and vote!  :y

So I have no truck with these young snowflakes that accuse the older generation of stealing their future.  In fact in most cultures around the world the older generation are generally respected for their life experience and wisdom.  :y  Not here it seems.  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 17 November 2018, 12:04:23 »

I'm young and I managed to drag my sorry arse out of my stinking pit to go and vote!  :y

So I have no truck with these young snowflakes that accuse the older generation of stealing their future.  In fact in most cultures around the world the older generation are generally respected for their life experience and wisdom.  :y  Not here it seems.  :-\

You can't be that young.

Nobody young and hip would be seen dead in a Marina.......or even know what a Morris Marina is. ;) :D

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 17 November 2018, 12:11:27 »

and is why the Labour party put a lot more targeted effort into their general election campaigning.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 17 November 2018, 12:13:20 »

A question for anyone who wont accept that we are leaving the EU, due to the result of the biggest vote in our history.

If we were to have another referendum, and the result was still that we should leave the EU. What exactly do you think should / will happen then ?

On a slightly different note - Mayhems agreement isn't going to happen. She caved in a long time ago and agreed to give the commons a vote on what she came back with.  The commons is not going to vote this through.
Her only hope is that she can somehow persuade Labour to abstain. If they do this, it proves they don't actually want to be in Government at the moment.
« Last Edit: 17 November 2018, 12:14:56 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 44   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.