Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Astra code P0110-14 air intake air pemperature sensor circuit - high input  (Read 2007 times)

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile

2008 AstraH 1.6 manual petrol estate
Daughter's car, swopped for my Omega 3.2, trouble free since I changed the oil for 10W40 and replaced the fan relays.
I met her at the station  in it today, and on the way home a warning light briefly cme on, and something bonged; lasted about 5 seconds. After lunch I plugged in my diagnoser, and codes P0110-14 and P0111-61 came up, though on running the engine only the first code showed, reading Intake air temperature sensor circuit high input. Switching to live data, engine running, Input air temp read 33 degrees, rising to 34, 36 and 38 with time.

Is this a problem? I am vexed that my daughter witnessed this, now she doesn't believe I have done 1000 trouble free miles in the car.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile

Seeing as you seem to keep most of your families cars going Terry, i would have thought that they would be hanging on to your every word. :y

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile

air intake temp should not be "33 degrees, rising to 34, 36 and 38 with time"
unless your having much better weather than me  ;D
are you sucking warm air from the engine bay instead of via the filter and pipework  :-\ split induction pipe ,loose hose clamp  :-\

code info clicky

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile

are you sucking warm air from the engine bay instead of via the filter and pipework  :-\ split induction pipe ,loose hose clamp  :-\

code info clicky
The rising air inlet temperature occurred with car stationary and idling, but no warning occurred then; warning was when driving normally, descending a hill on closed throttle. It was only for 5 seconds, but did it with daughter in the car. I presume the sensor is in the air cleaner, or nearby ducting, I will look in the morning.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile

Inlet air temp is a minor tweak to the fuelling. Is the sensor integral with the air flow meter, because that would suggest a failing AFM or wiring fault to it.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile

code info clicky
The rising air inlet temperature occurred with car stationary and idling, but no warning occurred then; warning was when driving normally, descending a hill on closed throttle. It was only for 5 seconds, but did it with daughter in the car. I presume the sensor is in the air cleaner, or nearby ducting, I will look in the morning.

Exactly what you would expect when stationary as the heat soak is greater than the cooling effect of the air flow
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.