Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi to everyone and a couple of quick questions  (Read 3704 times)

Cav9_4

• Omega Knight
  • Sutton-In-Ashfield,Notts
  • 2003 Omega 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Hi to everyone and a couple of quick questions
« Reply #15 on: 25 October 2006, 09:16:33 »

Hi and welcome :y...hope u get your probs sorted

red

• Lancashire
    • View Profile
Re: Hi to everyone and a couple of quick questions
« Reply #16 on: 28 October 2006, 16:19:44 »

Hi,

Thanks for the many replies to this post!

There seems to be an electrical fault but I just can't pin point it, there a few problems and maybe they relate to each other. Now that I have had the car a little longer I will give you what investigative knowledge I have, it aint much!

Firstly the Traction Control light seems to come on quite often when I am driving, which is worry in itself as this means traction control is not working. When this happens the temperature gauge goes right up to the top. Also the idle tick over seems erratic when this happens. This can be a litlle dangerous a junctions as the car tries to send you forward as the revs jump up. But if you stop the car and start it up again chances are everything is back to normal. It is strange indeed!

I noticed the other night that the temperature gauge went right up the top I experimented parked in my drive. I turned off various electrical gadgets such as lights & air conditioning, when these were turned off the gauge came down and when I turned them on the gauge went straight back up.

The temperature gauge does get high without the traction control light coming on but I can't help but think there is some connection between these symptoms.

Can anyone help?

Cheers, Red.

All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 18 queries.