Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: For those that like feats of engineering  (Read 3429 times)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
Re: For those that like feats of engineering
« Reply #15 on: 23 October 2018, 18:37:27 »

A bridge from Essex sounds like a good plan, Albs. I was watching a road trip programme the other day and they were in NI; what lovely scenery!
I can't pronounce or even spell it, but there was this lake, said to be the largest freshwater lake in the country and it looked SO beautiful. I bet YOU know where it is? :y

Ron.

STEMO

« Reply #16 on: 23 October 2018, 18:45:15 »

Loch Neagh.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 October 2018, 19:01:55 »

Presumably. There is an argument as to whether it or Lake Geneva is the largest lake in Europe. Every time one seems definite they have remeasure and change their minds.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 October 2018, 19:09:30 »

Tbh, the amount of trade that goes from Norn Irn to the south is so small that it isn't really worth bothering about.

Wait!  Are you telling us that the Republic of Ireland is not one of the worlds great economies?!  :o :o :o           ::) :D ;D
Depends which way up the list is... ::)

For the record, they currently sit at 35... Which is better than Montserrat, but not as good as Spain :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 October 2018, 19:14:19 »

Presumably. There is an argument as to whether it or Lake Geneva is the largest lake in Europe. Every time one seems definite they have remeasure and change their minds.  ::)

No. Lake Geneva cannot be the largest lake in Europe as approximately half of it is in Switzerland which is not a member of the European Union and thus not in Europe.  ;)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23 October 2018, 19:29:54 »

Ahem... Whilst not part of the European Union/European Economic Community/Blood Sucking Leach, it is very much part of europe, both physically and historically  :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23 October 2018, 21:40:02 »

Ahem... Whilst not part of the European Union/European Economic Community/Blood Sucking Leach, it is very much part of europe, both physically and historically  :y

I know that and you know that, but having been constantly told for the last 2 years that we 'are leaving Europe', I have come to the conclusion that there are only 28 (soon to be 27) countries in Europe.  ::) 

The other 22 (soon to be 23) European countries that are not members of the European Union must belong somewhere else....  :-\ 

I'll have to ask the next Remainer I see as apparently they are very clever people!  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 23 October 2018, 22:53:28 »

I know that and you know that, but having been constantly told for the last 2 years that we 'are leaving Europe', I have come to the conclusion that there are only 28 (soon to be 27) countries in Europe.  ::) 

The other 22 (soon to be 23) European countries that are not members of the European Union must belong somewhere else....  :-\ 

I'll have to ask the next Remainer I see as apparently they are very clever people!  :)
I ask but two things when you do...

1. Keep a straight face when you ask.
2. Video their reaction.

;D

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 October 2018, 07:47:11 »

It's one heck of a thing and very impressive :y However given that they close the Humber bridge to high sided vehicles at the first hint of a breeze what's that one going to be like during the typhoon season ::)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 24 October 2018, 11:15:49 »

It's one heck of a thing and very impressive :y However given that they close the Humber bridge to high sided vehicles at the first hint of a breeze what's that one going to be like during the typhoon season ::)
wet and windy  :-\

lets hope the built it better than the tat they make and sell us on ebay  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 24 October 2018, 16:51:41 »

Tbh, the amount of trade that goes from Norn Irn to the south is so small that it isn't really worth bothering about. Its the EU,s problem rather than a British one.
Bringing it to the mainland and then sending it back across to the South would probably solve the issue with the taxpayer picking up a relatively small tab for doing so.
Ive always thought it to be a red herring. If they want to solve it they will do so at the very last minute. If they think they can use it to collapse the Brexit process, they will do that and blame May for it.
If we are building a bridge to Norn Ireland can we build it from Essex please ?  ;D
Only 2 viable solutions. Northern Ireland becomes a separate state, not part of UK, or a rigid, expensive border needs setting up.  They managed it in Germany for 40 odd years....
Grumpy old man

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 24 October 2018, 17:11:28 »

.....and here, TB, with Hadrian's Wall!  :y :y 8)

Ron.

STEMO

« Reply #27 on: 24 October 2018, 17:12:49 »

I'd vote for the border. Then all we need to do is reinstate Hadrians Wall and Offas Dyke and we'll all be happy.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 24 October 2018, 19:54:59 »

Tbh, the amount of trade that goes from Norn Irn to the south is so small that it isn't really worth bothering about. Its the EU,s problem rather than a British one.
Bringing it to the mainland and then sending it back across to the South would probably solve the issue with the taxpayer picking up a relatively small tab for doing so.
Ive always thought it to be a red herring. If they want to solve it they will do so at the very last minute. If they think they can use it to collapse the Brexit process, they will do that and blame May for it.
If we are building a bridge to Norn Ireland can we build it from Essex please ?  ;D
Only 2 viable solutions. Northern Ireland becomes a separate state, not part of UK, or a rigid, expensive border needs setting up.  They managed it in Germany for 40 odd years....

Nah. There is already a border there for various purposes, but its invisible for political reasons. They just need to come up with a form of words which means the border also includes the extra things it needs to include, but this will be in theory only, the same as it is now.
It has always been as porous as a sponge and always will be, regardless of bits of paper produced in Brussels, Westminster, or anywhere else.
Its a red herring.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24 October 2018, 20:01:23 »

I'd vote for the border. Then all we need to do is reinstate Hadrians Wall and Offas Dyke and we'll all be happy.

Suits me fine, but apparently we must do what ex and would be terrorists want or they will dig up their guns and recommission them.  ::)
Appeasement never works in the long term.
I actually think that the vieled threat of "the return of the troubles" in the Brexit negotiations is nothing short of sick.  >:(
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.