Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: looking for a nice omega diesel, preferably 2.5  (Read 2305 times)

Spireite

looking for a nice omega diesel, preferably 2.5
« on: 26 August 2014, 10:16:41 »

My friend is looking for a omega diesel, he's looking at a 2.2 dti today, but has reasonably high mileage.

Id mentioned about the bmw derived 2.5 diesel to him, but said he might struggle?

As new as possible, with low as possible miles, with a good spec, ideally elite.

High hopes?

Ive told him about SMD's 3.2 v6 elite, but he wanted better economy for travelling up and down the m42 to work and back.

Just putting feelers out, but worth a look on here aswell as him looking elsewhere aswell.

Cheers

Dean

05omegav6

Re: looking for a nice omega diesel, preferably 2.5
« Reply #1 on: 29 August 2014, 04:10:46 »

On that run the V6 would be doing about 28mpg, so allowing for the difference between petrol and diesel, the actual cost per mile would be broadly similar :-\

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 August 2014, 11:55:31 »

My friend is looking for a omega diesel, he's looking at a 2.2 dti today, but has reasonably high mileage.

Id mentioned about the bmw derived 2.5 diesel to him, but said he might struggle?

As new as possible, with low as possible miles, with a good spec, ideally elite.

High hopes?

Ive told him about SMD's 3.2 v6 elite, but he wanted better economy for travelling up and down the m42 to work and back.

Just putting feelers out, but worth a look on here aswell as him looking elsewhere aswell.

Cheers

Dean
Having owned a few 2.5TD's I can see where your coming from, think you probably will struggle, as said, with that requirement but you never know, if it was me I'ld be adding a Manual Box on the 2.5TD wish list.

On the V6 front, Ive got a 3.2 LPG MV6 Estate coming out of the woodwork very soon, if he's interested in a bit more economy.  ;)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 August 2014, 12:51:42 »

On that run the V6 would be doing about 28mpg, so allowing for the difference between petrol and diesel, the actual cost per mile would be broadly similar :-\

No Chance

M5 with the current roadworks (Albeit now shortened now they've completed a section) and M42 N/B at normal commute times I can say with 100% confidence, you wont see 28MPG out of a 3.2...... That's why when i'm in the office I always do the 8-4 shift - At least i'm going southbound in the morning! 

05omegav6

« Reply #4 on: 29 August 2014, 18:17:03 »

Fair dos :y

Petrol does open up the lpg option though...

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 August 2014, 21:05:13 »

Fair dos :y

Petrol does open up the lpg option though...
;) As quietly suggested above /\ /\ /\
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.