Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't fault VW Online Help...  (Read 4509 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Can't fault VW Online Help...
« on: 15 November 2016, 11:29:52 »

So when you get a second hand car, you often don't know what extra's had been added. Options list these days are huge, what options were ticked when you buy as a second owner?

I was getting confused on mine as it has a Heated Front Screen, but the button for this not on the climate dash. Instead it had a 'Rest' button, after browsing about 50 VW CC's via AutoTrader, I could see loads of different combinations of dash buttons. Some had Auto, some had 'Rear', 99% had an 'OFF' button where mine said 'Rest'

After getting VIN code, I tried various VIN decoders with varying degrees in results. So I thought why not try VW? Went on their website, went to live chat. Requested if the factory order spec could be obtained? I gave them the Reg and 30 seconds after arriving on the website, I was given full factory order spec  :D

Turn's out my VW has had a rather expensive option ticked (over £1k!), which I'm yet to see in another CC. Although I've seen it in the VW Tourag and Campers, it's a "Parking Heater".  The idea is you:

Park up.
Switch Off
Tap this "Rest" button
An electric pump will circulate engine coolant for up to 30 mins, along with interior fans on, to keep the car warm.
So if you either Park up waiting for the Wife to do the 5 minute 45 minute shopping, you can stay warm with engine off. Or indeed if you head into the shops yourself, come back to a warm car.

This made the Heated Screen automatic, with no button. So solved that problem.

Also have to say this 2.0 TDi comes with Aux Heater, as I think most do after 2010 ish. Meaning within seconds heat is blasting out of the vents, it's way, way faster than the 3.2 at putting out heat from the vents.

So bring on winter  :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Can't fault VW Online Help...
« Reply #1 on: 15 November 2016, 11:33:24 »

Park up.
Switch Off
Tap this "Rest" button
An electric pump will circulate engine coolant for up to 30 mins, along with interior fans on, to keep the car warm.

Sounds like the Omega's winter pack to me (which most FL V6s seem to have). ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 November 2016, 11:38:34 »

Park up.
Switch Off
Tap this "Rest" button

Sadly missing from my 3.2  :-\

aaronjb

« Reply #3 on: 15 November 2016, 11:39:07 »

Also have to say this 2.0 TDi comes with Aux Heater, as I think most do after 2010 ish. Meaning within seconds heat is blasting out of the vents, it's way, way faster than the 3.2 at putting out heat from the vents.

The Skoda has the "Rest" button, too (I think it's standard on the Skoda, at least on the top two specs) - works quite well.  I assumed it was standard on Omegas in Elite trim as my 3.2 had it.

The aux heater is great though - I was concerned I might be going back to waiting 10 minutes trying to scrape ice off the screen having been spoilt with the electrically heated front screen on the Ford, but no.. last week when we had a heavy frost and the car was thick with ice overnight it took all of 30 seconds for the ice to be sliding off the screen all by itself.

This, despite the fact that Skoda supply a windscreen scraper with the car that slots into a little holder inside the fuel flap  :)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 November 2016, 11:41:42 »

The Skoda has the "Rest" button, too (I think it's standard on the Skoda, at least on the top two specs) - works quite well.  I assumed it was standard on Omegas in Elite trim as my 3.2 had it.

The aux heater is great though - I was concerned I might be going back to waiting 10 minutes trying to scrape ice off the screen having been spoilt with the electrically heated front screen on the Ford, but no.. last week when we had a heavy frost and the car was thick with ice overnight it took all of 30 seconds for the ice to be sliding off the screen all by itself.

This, despite the fact that Skoda supply a windscreen scraper with the car that slots into a little holder inside the fuel flap  :)

Does yours have a remote for it? The options list mentions it, I've seen some companies offering to add remote ability.

As per this for a VW camper...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYI7KT-IPKU

Very tempting if you wake up in the morning, see the car is all frosted up. Press this button and by time you get down stairs  it's all nice and warm!

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 November 2016, 12:03:37 »

There's a 'rest' function on my Merc too .... though no heated screen.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 November 2016, 12:08:47 »

No 'rest' button for me. :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 November 2016, 12:31:47 »

Park up.
Switch Off
Tap this "Rest" button

Sadly missing from my 3.2  :-\
Pump under the header tank...

All in the owners manual ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 15 November 2016, 13:13:15 »

My wife's captur has a similar gizmo. She goes upstairs to brush her teeth and get dressed and, when she comes down, her car is ice-free and warmed up.  :(

aaronjb

« Reply #9 on: 15 November 2016, 14:08:36 »

My wife's captur has a similar gizmo. She goes upstairs to brush her teeth and get dressed and, when she comes down, her car is ice-free and warmed up.  :(

I hope she doesn't leave it running unattended where you live, that's just asking for it to get nicked..

..so I assume she makes you stand outside freezing your knackers off while she goes back in the warm ;D

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 15 November 2016, 14:18:16 »

I hope she doesn't leave it running unattended where you live, that's just asking for it to get nicked..

..so I assume she makes you stand outside freezing your knackers off while she goes back in the warm ;D
Nope. I start it up, scrape the ice off and sit in it, freezing my knackers off, till the engine warms up. She comes out and drives off. Cow.

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15 November 2016, 14:28:33 »

No 'rest' button for me. :-\
That's what you get for being wicked.......
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15 November 2016, 14:33:00 »

Park up.
Switch Off
Tap this "Rest" button

Mine has the ability to blow heat into the cabin with the engine off but it doesn't have an auxiliary heater to generate any heat so it soon cools down.

Maybe it is more useful in a diseasal with an auxiliary heater fitted :-\
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15 November 2016, 15:36:41 »

Its standard on all facelift Omegas

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 15 November 2016, 16:04:47 »

Its standard on all facelift Omegas

Never seen anything like that on my 2.2  :-\

Even if it's there I can safely say it does not work, having parked on some motorway services in Austria in middle of winter, freezing within minutes as soon as engine was off.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.