Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanted Front passenger door.  (Read 1945 times)

addy

• County Durham.  UK
    • 2.6 CD Saloon 2ltr omega
    • View Profile
Wanted Front passenger door.
« on: 27 June 2019, 17:03:14 »

It might be a long shot, but is there anyone breaking or know someone breaking a Omega, near Darlington UK. I am looking for a passenger side front door. The car it is for is a 1995 estate, but I have been told the facelift doors work.
Thanks for any help.
Addy
Drives 1995 2.0ltr CD Estate.  2002 2.6 CD saloon

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted Front passenger door.
« Reply #1 on: 27 June 2019, 21:28:11 »

Think I'm a bit to far away., I've got, 1 in rare silver, and 1 in super fast  police white.
Hoof'land storeman.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 June 2019, 19:19:41 »

Just so you're fully aware of the facts....

facelift works fine, any year, bodystyle, colour etc.... however...

The differences...
Two small threaded holes underneath the side trims at both ends, visible when you open the door, plus square holes cutinto the door to take the FL trims (which clip into place rather than the PFL glue... You can stick your original black n chrome door trims over these, with no issue.
Tiny differences in the inside metal pressings, (no issue) also associated differences if the donor car had side airbags, your 1995 won't have these.
Colours, almost all colours are different, so prepare for a respray. Only exception as far as I can recall are white, and star silver was (iirc) the same shade nomatter the year (Ok, technically if its a late FL it's half a shade different, but we're now splitting hairs)
The loom. Changed on minifacelift 1998. So keep and extract your original with care! Have tea at the ready. The multiplug is different too. I learned this at my cost, it will take a while but will go eventually.  :y

Tip: check from the seller the door check strap hasn't been strained and making the 'crack of doom' (search OOF for this phenomenon) otherwise you'll be one step forward, two steps back. On the other hand a younger car with less miles should buy you some time in this regard.

If you want a drive to North East Lincs I know of one that's going begging. Suspect there'll be OOFers with nearer options, however

PS Was beginning to think mine was the oldest car on OOF!  :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

addy

• County Durham.  UK
    • 2.6 CD Saloon 2ltr omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 June 2019, 21:13:23 »

Thanks biggriffin for the offer, as you say unfortunately a bit too far.

Thanks Diamond Black Geezer for the information. Will the F/L back doors on estates, a Prefacelift apart from the wiring? I was told on here that the Facelift Central locking and Window motors work on the old looms.

Thanks again for all the help. The wifes car was first registered 13th October 1995 and is a 2lt 16v. I have just done headgasket change, cleaned the hydraulic lifters, waterpump and timing belt. It runs nice, so now sorting bodywork and going to sort handbrake. Would be nice to see who has the earliest omega on here.

Addy
Drives 1995 2.0ltr CD Estate.  2002 2.6 CD saloon

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 June 2019, 13:11:17 »

Mine registered December 1996 (build date of June)

Yep, I've got all sorts of facelift window and central locking motors from various years fitted to my car, they're all the same.
A surprising amount is the same between FL and PFL, at the same time its amazing how much they did change on the PFL, and even how many things are annoyingly different between PFL and MFL (mini facelift) the looms being one of them.
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

dbr

• Intermediate Member
  • north east.
    • 1997. 2.5CD petrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 July 2019, 21:36:29 »

Jan 4th 1997, so not in the running

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 July 2019, 22:39:29 »

Jan 4th 1997, so not in the running

Still not to be sniffed at! Probably three or four FLs to every one PFL/MFL left on the road.  :y

annihilator

• Wirral
    • 2 Jags XKR/JR
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 July 2019, 19:20:21 »

What colour is your estate?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.